3D Vision for LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DENGY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

My dad recently got a new graphic designing computer which was equipped with 3D nVidia monitors and glasses.

Just wondering if I can play LoL in 3d?

Specs are:

Dual gtx570s

Thats bout it.

Thelemon

07-15-2012

no

Fiddles

07-15-2012

lolno

Thief164

07-15-2012

You could...3 months ago for an April Fool's Day joke

DENGY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelemon View Post
no
I can even make the desktop 3d...

Myrmidont

07-15-2012

I wouldn't know how to do it, or what it'd look like, but please tell me if you've played any other games with 3d (especially shooters) and how its looked.

I've been interesting in 3d for a while now, but haven't actually seen it yet.

Dyrone T0nk

07-15-2012

narp, they april fooled everyone saying they were but you can't make a 2d game into 3d on your own.

DENGY

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidont View Post
I wouldn't know how to do it, or what it'd look like, but please tell me if you've played any other games with 3d (especially shooters) and how its looked.

I've been interesting in 3d for a while now, but haven't actually seen it yet.
I tried Crysis 2 in 3d.

It's amazing, not like the 3d glasses for movies, but actual 3d since the screen needs to be 3d compatible.

Like literally, amazing. Imagine watching Avatar in 3d, and times that by 2. The 3d is phenomenal.

Please don't think I'm spoilt though, I did chores for like 3 years before i got my $900 laptop.

And the desktop my dad bought was for his work.

Fratous

07-15-2012

yes, you can play LoL in 3D if you have the Nvidia 3D vision kit. (The USB emitter)
I myself have done it on my panasonic 3d tv.
The 3D depth i found was not really all that mind blowing, as the game isn't really optimized for it.
Towers and explosions look cool, but its not really worth halving your refresh rate (assuming its a 120HZ monitor, since 3D on the TV is a different technology all together).

please note i didn't have the 3D vision emitter to customize depth, as using a TV just requires you to purchase software.

Of course its all personal opinions on the whole 3D experience, give it a shot. Just be warned though that SLI currently has a very nasty UI bug that causes it to flicker constantly, so you will probably have to disable SLI. A Single 570 should handle LoL in 3D fine.

in Nivida driver options go set up stereoscopic 3D > enable stereoscopic 3D > follow the setup prompts. Once you are done any game that is listed in the view compatibility with games menu will automatically play in 3D mode.