Constant disconnect...

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Facky

07-15-2012

!!!READ FOR POSSIBLE FIX!!!! To POSSIBLY stop crash after hero select and disconnects!

I am aware that many people are having this so I am posting the log I just submitted in hopes that maybe it will help somebody else might be able to fix their disconnecting issues....

These are fix's I have been searching for for 3 days, some people report each them as working (like 10% per fix said it worked for them)

This is the log message I sent.

I have tried every single fix/workaround the internet has to offer... uninstalled/reinstalled checked files, uninstalled pando media booster, uninstalled Akamai NetSession Client, enabled port forwarding to all LoL ports, closed every program except windows and LoL, enabled TcpAckFrequency in registry/disabling Nagle's algorithm, disabled IPhelper...the list goes on needless to say I have tried everything, i got a 17mb down 2mb up connection, I stay connected to the internet the entire time, my ping goes from 45-50 to 500 instantly, after 10 seconds the retry window pops up but nomatter how many times I try to reconnect it fails, If I am playing against bots I can only hit cancel and game closes, in multiplayer match I have to restart and reconnect. I stay connected between 12 seconds and 2 minutes 18 seconds before disconnect. I simply do not know what else I can try...

-First fix is obvious uninstall LoL then re install it...Check files with the setting button on the starter/updater

-Pando media booster is a program that installs with LoL and with a few other programs, its basically a bandwidth hog...I havent found a good reason to not uninstall it...

-Akamai NetSession client is another program like pando media booster, it installs without your permission and can download and upload whenever it wants, sometimes causing lag spikes.

-Enabling port forwarding is explained here https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ort-forwarding
To test if you need to enable port forwarding go here http://www.firebind.com/tests/lol/ and run the test (you need java) it will tell you if you are dropping a port and that can cause disconnect from lost packet.

-Closing all programs, basically keep everything to a minimum to ensure nothing else is consuming your bandwidth.

-TcpAckFrequency is a little more complicated but well worth it to many people
It required registry modification but has been VERY helpful in other games...example ping in WoW can go from 300 to 150, however for some people (probably 20% or so) it does the opposite from 300-3000! If you are one of the unlucky few all you need to simply do is delete the Dkey you made, Here is a video that some very good guy uploaded showing you how to do the TcpAckFrequency http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fjysf-hUw This disables the Nagle's algorithm, basically it lowers the number of packets that need to be sent to a server so it has a smaller chance of failing and losing a packet (streamlines packet numbers to the minimum) Here is info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagle's_algorithm

-Disable IpHelper
1. Click your windows button / start button and where it says Start Search type services. There will be a program with a little clock work type cog, as an icon, Click on it.

2. Scroll Down to IP-Helper and on the left click stop service.

I did not have this program on the list but I did have TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper, and it looks to be the same thing...your call...

Edit***
New tip to decrease possible lag. On the launcher under the settings tab, disable peer to peer transfers, this setting is basically turning your launcher into a torrent and constantly uploading data to multiple sources. This can obviously lag your connection.

Edit***
I am adding some basic diagnostic links here and details that could help narrow down a solution...

RUN THIS SCAN to determine if you have internet issues http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
RUN THIS SCAN to determine to check port access http://www.firebind.com/tests/lol/
RUN DXDIAG start>type dxdiag> screenshot or upload results

These 3 tests and probably a few more when i find them, can help please run and post results.
My comp
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229291

Dosmac

07-15-2012

I am too having this same issue with two or more computers behind one network. RIOT seems unresponsive denying any issue with their servers except I see hundreds of people posting on the forums EVERYWHERE being redirected elsewhere. This is insane. The problem is clearly on RIOT's end, as EVERY single person's router/gateway could not possibly be defective.

Every test I can do has been done from both my end and my ISP's end apart from sending a technician out to my house to fix a problem that isn't on my end. I'm about to just quit playing again as they clearly don't know how to fix problems. This has been on-going for two+ weeks now, and just causing consumers more and more costs by having service techs come out to fix unknown issues that aren't fixable by consumers/ISP's.

Again, the reason your "fixes" only work for 10% of people or as you say is because the problem is more than likely NOT on the consumer's end, but with RIOT and their servers' inability to handle multiple connections from ONE IP properly.

opti0ne

07-15-2012

Same issue game doesnt wanna stay connected for more than 10 seconds

iPeekAtChuZ

Recruiter

07-15-2012

Yeah i actually got suspended cause it said i disconnected to much. But i really never intended to disconnect -.- ? I tried everything and even my sister cant even play LoL. So hopefully we all find out what is happening

Facky

07-15-2012

Having to self bump this fking thread cause more people keep making "DUR I AM GETTING DISCONNECTED WHY IS THAT?" threads without even reading the **** forums ...

Facky

07-15-2012

Bump

Facky

07-15-2012

Bump............

Facky

07-15-2012

having to bump yet again cause people keep making new "I AM DISCONNECTING!" threads without reading the **** forums first...

Facky

07-15-2012

For those who are crashing while loading I will explain WHY...

Your modem has a port blocked, mine was ports 4496, 4497, 4498, 4499, and 4500. When these ports are blocked by your router you will drop the packet and disconnect, however in LoL when you disconnect in the loading screen the game shuts down instead of kicking you back to another screen.

Read my original post on port forwarding, use this http://www.firebind.com/tests/lol/ to check if you are not connecting to ports.

For those who want to scream that they have played before without this problem, my only assumption is that in a recent patch they added these ports and it is now causing this problem...

Meghnad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Hey Facky, I wanted to thank you in advance for the info, but after running the firebind test i got no issues. I'm copying the result below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TCP Result: SUCCESS
Testing TCP Port: done
TCP Passed: 80,443,2099,5222-5223,8088,8393-8400
TCP Failed: none
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UDP Result: SUCCESS
Testing UDP Port: done
UDP Passed: 5000-5500
UDP Failed: none

Gonna try uninstalling those two programs you mentioned and see what happens...

12345 ... 6