Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soloing as Kassadin. How do I deal with this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gilef

09-06-2010

People calling kass good at solo mid havent met good range dps before-_-.
You know how to completely shutdown kass from lvl 1? Ez/trist/ashe just stand between your creeps and your tower, only last hiting.And so you cant even leave your tower ,because you know,theyll kite you to death.
So i once played as kass against ashe and was in situation like that.It was f*** humiliation.After Ive realized that im still 3 and have less than 15 creepkills and that ashe was already 5,i gave up mid for our ez.
TL;DR Against good range solo kass is USLESS.

Keira Helsh

09-06-2010

Quote:
Gilef:
You know how to completely shutdown kass from lvl 1? Ez/trist/ashe just stand between your creeps and your tower, only last hiting.And so you cant even leave your tower ,because you know,theyll kite you to death.
So i once played as kass against ashe and was in situation like that.It was f*** humiliation.After Ive realized that im still 3 and have less than 15 creepkills and that ashe was already 5,i gave up mid for our ez.

oh please...

recently all i do if they are tower humping is just last hit (which you should be doing anyways you can't harass them out of xp at a tower >.&gt.

FORCING them to either come out and taste the void or stay back and let me out level them, in extreme cases you might have to give up last hitting in order to get the waves pushed a little closer to your side.

i've faced good ashes at mid and the ones that tower humped lost levels and the aggressive one never hit me since i stood behind minions and harassed her that way.

Tristana and Mordekaiser have been the only ones to give me trouble and i just let Mordekaiser push toward the tower where he can't harass me out of xp and bide my time till i get enough AP to deal with it. Tristana is just more challenging than ashe.

Gilef

09-06-2010

Quote:
Kayem237:
oh please...

recently all i do if they are tower humping is just last hit (which you should be doing anyways you can't harass them out of xp at a tower >.&gt.

FORCING them to either come out and taste the void or stay back and let me out level them, in extreme cases you might have to give up last hitting in order to get the waves pushed a little closer to your side.

i've faced good ashes at mid and the ones that tower humped lost levels and the aggressive one never hit me since i stood behind minions and harassed her that way.

Tristana and Mordekaiser have been the only ones to give me trouble and i just let Mordekaiser push toward the tower where he can't harass me out of xp and bide my time till i get enough AP to deal with it. Tristana is just more challenging than ashe.

Just no.
If ashe allowed you to *stay behind creeps* - that was bad ashe. You have stay near your tower,or get harassed to death.Thus,you cant gain exp /gold from whole creepwave.And even when they reach your tower ashe can still harass you with well timed hits and volley,when you are last hitting.So even when you reach your precious 6,shell be 8 or 9. I doubt that you could be threat to her.

Imho,kass should be babysited early game.When you lane with taric/soraka/janna its much easier to get gold, and dont get gimped early game,cose you know,hes the worst laner in the game.(Squishy caster withour range).

Also,kass is not annie,to anihilate someone with full hp.Trying to jump on some dps with full hp usually ends bad for kass.Trying to harass with only one long-range spell is also a risk to get hurt even more

Yellow Monkey

Recruiter

09-06-2010

Whenever I solo with Kass, I just play defensively, occasionally grabbing last hits with Null Sphere until I hit enough gold for my ToG. Then, I tele back to the lane, and continue playing defensively until I hit level 6. After that, the game becomes pretty easy.

peyo

09-06-2010

Gilef, I am sorry but I disagree with you. Trust me, I've seen Ashe's and Tristana's trying to cut me off the exp by standing between me and creeps. They always died. Harass with Q and if they attack back, all of my minions turn back on them. GG, free frag.

With kassadin, you don't want to be pushing mid, like AT ALL.

Trust me, Kassadin is 1 of the best mids, it is just people who says 'man, I play Ez and I don't give a **** that I am better 2v2 than 1v1, I still NEEED mid to pwnnnn'.

As I said, I've never lost a mid with Kass yet. The closest to killing me was **** good Morgana. NONE of Ezreal, Ashe or Tristana did **** to me.

After I read that Kass should be babysitted, I lost my hope. I am sorry, but kass is THE LAST champ that needs babysitting. It is just wrong. I was laining with Soraka once and it was worse than terrible. In 2v2 Kassadin needs another bursty champion with some CC and a jump-in skill preferably. With this he can pretty much rape his lane (before Pantheon's nerf I used to roll with my friend - we got a kill by level 2 or 3 like 95% of time)

As for the others posts - Kassadin is much better than Annie. Sure, by lvl 6 he can't kill any1 with full HP with RQE combo, but he harasses MUCH better than Annie does.

Ezreal is a joke in mid as I said. I am sorry but any competent enemy will just DODGE the MS. The best Ezreal I was facing gave up on Q at me and started to E at me instead. At least he could land some damage other than with auto attacks.

Good Janna is really a pain. That shield is just wrrr... You have to go with E + Q combo on her every time and dodge all the tornados. Thankfully there is not a lot of Jannas in mid

Good Sivir used to be a problem for me for like first 3lvls. Then I realised that there is a VERY EASY trick to screw her over. How to do it? Keep Sivir targeted (so that you have the yellow halo on you all the time) and Q the creep right NEXT to Sivir. She'll shield and puff... you've just lost mana!

To beat Mordekaiser you don't want to try Qing him before he can get shield. Wait a bit. Now, your creeps are dead, his are under your turret, take them down with Auto Attacks, your new creeps are very close, fightning the ones left near turret. NOW is your time. Go for him, E + Q him and fall back. He's going down faster than you think, the hardest Morde started with Rejuv. Beads + 6HP pots and then after recalling he bought another 6 pots :/ that was so long that I went for gank and then came back to kill him :]
Also, NEVER ever stay near your creeps against Morde.

Gilef

09-07-2010

I always do great with soraka and taric in side lane as kass.Heal,mana reg,and always charged Puls.What else needed?And what to do if the enemy have some strong laners (kat,zil or something).And smart enough to prevent brush gunks by wards.No,kass is one of the weakest champs in laning phase,thats all.And i dunno which ashe/trist/ez you faced,but mine was ***fine with lane control.

About annie - i didnt mean that annie>>kass.I meant that in laning phase hes still hard to kill someone by himself.Even if do your full combo on that ashe youll get hurt too.And she could heal throught lifesteal/pots.

About ez - even his autoataks HURTS(thx to arm.pen runes).And you cant always always dodge.Some will hit.Good ez know that early on you cant do a** against him, so youll be abused.

After all it seems we just have diferent opponents.Tbh i rarely see now range trying to cut kass off from exp.All i see is them running away after Sphere+Puls combo with 60% hp. If only the had some balls to just hit back ....

Well, i have an idea. Lets just play a practice game kass vs. ashe. Who wins mid.Mb Ill learn something new about my lovely DarthCthulhu(yep, i call him that when im in good mood)

Noveson

09-07-2010

Quote:
Gilef:

WHAT? Are you kidding me? Kassadin is easily one of the top three solo's against ez or even Ashe(trist is harder). All of Ez's damage comes from Q, not auto attacks. Stay behind minions, silence him( he has no damage then) go back to last hitting. Check my stats, Kassadin rapes ezreal mid.

Add me and we will practice game 1 v 1, me as kass vs you as ez, see how that goes for you.

Noveson

09-07-2010

Quote:
Gilef:
I always do great with soraka and taric in side lane as kass.Heal,mana reg,and always charged Puls.What else needed?And what to do if the enemy have some strong laners (kat,zil or something).And smart enough to prevent brush gunks by wards.No,kass is one of the weakest champs in laning phase,thats all.And i dunno which ashe/trist/ez you faced,but mine was ***fine with lane control.

About annie - i didnt mean that annie>>kass.I meant that in laning phase hes still hard to kill someone by himself.Even if do your full combo on that ashe youll get hurt too.And she could heal throught lifesteal/pots.

About ez - even his autoataks HURTS(thx to arm.pen runes).And you cant always always dodge.Some will hit.Good ez know that early on you cant do a** against him, so youll be abused.

After all it seems we just have diferent opponents.Tbh i rarely see now range trying to cut kass off from exp.All i see is them running away after Sphere+Puls combo with 60% hp. If only the had some balls to just hit back ....

Well, i have an idea. Lets just play a practice game kass vs. ashe. Who wins mid.Mb Ill learn something new about my lovely DarthCthulhu(yep, i call him that when im in good mood)

Lol you talk a lot of **** for not even being 1400 elo in almost 400 ranked games already(how do you even play that many?).

peyo

09-07-2010

Quote:
Gilef:

the problem is that I am running with Doran's Shield at start and I have the regen to survive Q for auto attack trades. Ez's AA doesn't hurt as much as my Q.

Kass is not a champ that can kill any1 with his burst early, he needs AP to do so. But he's 1 of the best harassers, if he's maxing Q over E and played smart.

Soraka is bad. Trust me, there are much better choices. I don't need mana (mp5/lvl Seals & Glyphs + Clarity) and I definitely don't need to have Pulse filled all the time, as I am using Q much more early as it has more range and more damage.

Taric is fine as he has the stun and some burst.

I'd love to play with you, but there are 3 problems:
1) u can't play 1v1 practices anymore, from what I've read
2) I am playing EU server
3) I currently have my mouse broken and playing with TouchPad is **** hard xD

Gilef

09-07-2010

Quote:
Oveson:
Lol you talk a lot of **** for not even being 1400 elo in almost 400 ranked games already(how do you even play that many?).

Solo que is such a solo que you know. I prefer to call it *luck rating*.
I dont cry about low elo hell, i just came to the conclusion that its kinda hard to reach highter ranks without duo.Which im lacking.

to Oveson - seems that you missed my explanation.Ok,Ill add you and lets play.
To bad i dont play ez or ashe and have no proper runes , but i think during the laning phase it doesnt matter.
And no,early game ez's AA hurts. Im playing mid vlad often, and I can feel it.