MIA's are a joke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Directw

07-15-2012

MIAs are not just some words in the chat, but the ping can be used as MIAs. Personally, I hardly typing. Instead, I use ping to indicate when and where my lane enemies are missing

Calindel

07-15-2012

I am a fan of MIA's, but people should not FLIP out when one is not called when they should have been warded and paying attention.

TheOneMillion

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strill View Post
Mias are necessary. How are you supposed to tell the difference between a mia and a back or someone hiding in a bush or someone sitting at their tower or someone going into stealth? Map awareness simply can't tell you those things.
How is the laner supposed to know that the person that is "sitting at there turret" or "going back" isnt just going MiA? The laner will know just as much as the other lanes by looking at the mini map. If somone is NOT on the map, they are MIA.

bylobog44

07-16-2012

anything that helps your team win is a good thing.

Valvo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

MIA are completly useless.

+1 OP

acosn

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaruuk View Post
MIA's are just an excuse for someone to have no map awareness. if you have time to look at your chat, the you have time to look at your map instead. Most people use MIA's as an excuse to put the blame on someone else when they die from a roaming lane. discuss.
A brief look at your mini map tells you far less than a "MIA".

There's a lot more reasons for a player to be off the minimap than just going after you.

arcticnerd

07-16-2012

Pinging for potential gank routs when you think someone is in trouble is always good. At low to medium elo no one is going to have prefect or even great map awareness. This is a team game so help out your allies and drop some pings or a line of text.

PiMan 3141

07-16-2012

Calling MIA's are one of the many tools that can help win games.

Humans make mistakes and are not perfect in doing things, ergo, the more fallbacks we have to rely on the better.

TheStandalone

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaruuk View Post
MIA's are just an excuse for someone to have no map awareness. if you have time to look at your chat, the you have time to look at your map instead. Most people use MIA's as an excuse to put the blame on someone else when they die from a roaming lane. discuss.

You'r right on 1 part, not called mias should not be an excuse to blame teamates on line roaming. STILL , Mias Are pretty important and CAN save life of people because you'r the only one to know if you enemy laner is actually really going after another lane or just recalled.

Nevercrysis

07-16-2012

I have only 1 word:

WARDs!!