Stop calling Darius OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tinýviel

Member

07-18-2012

This is all irrelevant - what you guys need to realize is that every new champion released is going to start out at least above average or even maybe borderline stupid powerful. Darius is at least an above avg champ, certainly a pubstomper at least.

They don't want to repeat the Yorick mistake where he sucks and no one buys him. Bad business model. No money.

Thats why Jayce is so good and every other new champ, like Lulu. Its just business. They can nerf him later after everyone has shelled out money for him. Whether you think the ult is op or not doesn't matter, its good enough that it will induce people to say "oh i need to get him".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jezzaxx

Member

07-18-2012

Alright, I'll give you that. In competitive, high elo or 5v5 matches, there are better choices than a Darius. Unfortunately, the majority of games played are not played at this skill/communication level, making him (IMO) unbalanced in normals/low elo. Just like Xin was nerfed for this reason, I think Darius could probably use a nerf (but don't do it until WELL after I save up 3k more IP to buy him, lol, I want a chance to dominate games for at least a little while).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorableGeneral

Senior Member

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzaxx View Post
Alright, I'll give you that. In competitive, high elo or 5v5 matches, there are better choices than a Darius. Unfortunately, the majority of games played are not played at this skill/communication level, making him (IMO) unbalanced in normals/low elo. Just like Xin was nerfed for this reason, I think Darius could probably use a nerf (but don't do it until WELL after I save up 3k more IP to buy him, lol, I want a chance to dominate games for at least a little while).
Nerfs to Darius would destroy his already precarious position in the competitive scene. Since he's mainly picked for his ability to clean-up with his ult, nerfing that would basically make him a troll pick in competitive elos, something Riot does not want. Nerfing any other part of his kit would also make him unviable since he'd be too weak a laner to keep up with most of the top lanes (and his jungling is pretty bad as well).

What Darius needs is a kit change. Riot attempted to make something fun and fresh, and they did. The problem is that the fun factor wore out quickly for many of those who play alongside Darius players, and his freshness has given way to stale gameplay where all he does is pop his ult when enemies are low. Otherwise, he has little presence in team-fights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrocznykiciak

Senior Member

07-18-2012

Remove ulti refresh on kill.
Change true dmg to physical.
GJ Riot you have balanced champion now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorableGeneral

Senior Member

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrocznykiciak View Post
Remove ulti refresh on kill.
Change true dmg to physical.
GJ Riot you have balanced champion now.
Not balanced, underpowered. Remember that the rest of his kit is quite weak in comparison to his ult as an attempted to balance him.

Changing his ult without making alterations to the rest of his kit would be tantamount to an Eve-level nerf. He'd never see play, except in troll matches.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-18-2012

he is op cause he's "balanced" cause of his team fighting damage being weak but that ruins the game for both teams.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iMRts

Senior Member

07-18-2012

he's 100% OP. He has about 40% more damage output per second than 99% of the champs, not even counting the ultz refresh on kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMRts View Post
he's 100% OP. He has about 40% more damage output per second than 99% of the champs, not even counting the ultz refresh on kills.
You base this on what, exactly?

99% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Show us some numbers to support your argument, or cop to the fact that your argument is complete BS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorableGeneral

Senior Member

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMRts View Post
he's 100% OP. He has about 40% more damage output per second than 99% of the champs, not even counting the ultz refresh on kills.
I didn't know champions could be a percentage OP. So what was old Jax? Was he 75% OP? 50% OP?

This sentence makes so little sense logically that it's causing my brain matter to disintegrate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nysnn

Member

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddscientist View Post
I understand that a fed Darius can absolutely go to town on your team. I understand that he's hard to beat with most top characters. I also understand that you're probably mad at me for posting this thread in the first place.

Still, Darius isn't unbeatable. I have found that a tanky DPS such as Malphite and Chogath can both push him out of the lane.

For Malphite, my favorite solo top, my big problem is that before his ultimate, his only gap closer is his q, and it takes a lot of mana that you simply don't have sometimes. Darius fixes that for you and pulls you right towards him. Thank him for his service to your team by slowing his attack speed, movement speed, and by increasing your own attack damage and armor. Whenever a Darius does that to me, I don't run away and call him OP, that's exactly what he wants me to do. However, he's a tanky ad champ, but he's an ad champ, so I'm going to tank his abilities and make him regret fighting me. Nine times out of ten, I emerge with more health even before my passive comes back.

For Chogath, if he starts beating you around, throw your own weight around. If he pulls you, a scream in the face will keep him from using his other abilities on you. By the time that wears off, he's either running from or getting hit by your grounds spikes. You can go get some health by getting more cs while he gets to watch you in fear of something happening, such as you dropping your death-bringing ult first.

I'm sure there are other champions out there who can shut down Darius in the laning phase, but this has been my experience with two of my favorite top champions.

TL;DR Stop complaining, there are champs who can beat him.
So you understand that he is OP then?

OP = Over Powered, not unbeatable.
If he has a significant (noticeable) advantage over the majority of the champs you'd see laning against him then he's over powered and needs to be brought in line so that the outcome of the engagement is roughly 50/50 when playing against an opponent of near equal ELO.