Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, be honest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cocacolalips

10-15-2012

About Soraka.

Imo, you might as well remove the mana substain from Soraka's E all together. And give her back some real strenghs.
That spell doesn't make much sense anyways anymore since you simply castrated the whole concept a few patchs ago, making it absolutely pointless outside of a duo lane.

Either way, you better do something, because she's one of the worst champion in the game right now.
No wonder the BatlleSoraka's skin has not been released, she could not even catch a fly.

A K K O Z E N

10-15-2012

Quote:
Majestlk:
I'm not a WELL educated person, so i ask you not to criticize the way i present this i'm not "mad"as you call all the community's support to this thread.not every one with something to say can deliver at your intellect.You suggest the way to come at you is with a conversation not a blame.So without ignoring the conversation or simply replying on how i present the conversation.Have a conversation with us.

"This is what I'm saying "don't enjoy..." isn't a balancing factor, "

^ I beg to differ sir, This IS a video game.By enjoy we mean fun.And your game should be FUN.you know who's having fun?Those who can kill lane.You know who's not?the support.We understand the "pro's"use support.there just that.PROS morello, were speaking for US, the community.the MAJORITY of people paying to ENJOY your video game.for a pro the role of a support is viable.but for someone looking to LARGELY contribute to there team without wanting to run a KILL dependent champion it's useless unless your a highly skilled player that could be running kill lanes anyway.how do you plan to fix this for the MAJORITY and not the minority?your game is a community free to play 95% more than it is a "pro"tournament.tournaments have champion ban's for a reason morrelo.

U sir, has no understanding of this game whatsoever. As i see on your match history (stackign rabandon builds etc) u barely even hit lvl30 and u think u know everything better then the creator of this game, and on top of that, u do it in a very unpolite and aggressive fashion. Support role is there for a reason and the part of the community who can acutally play this game enjoys it very much. What u think Minority is is actually the Majority. Most of the players (with time ofc) understand the concept of this game and the value and fun of the support role itself. If u learn about this game more u will also do that, but first you have to realize that your statements here is completely wrong.

isiszaki

10-15-2012

Bump

pooh bear master

10-15-2012

bump.

Aeolian Melodies

10-15-2012

Quote:
cocacolalips:
About Soraka.

Imo, you might as well remove the mana substain from Soraka's E all together. And give her back some real strenghs.
That spell doesn't make much sense anyways anymore since you simply castrated it a few patchs ago, making it absolutely pointless outside of a duo lane.

Either way, you better do something, because she's one of the worst champion in the game right now.
No wonder the BatlleSoraka's skin has not been released, she could not even catch a fly.

Well the point of Soraka IS to duo lane - she does almost nothing, barely CC, no damage, but she has the tools to try and let her ADC basically go 1v2 with a HP + mana dispenser by his side.

The problem I see with Soraka is that her design is broken; if you buff her she might become more fun to play but she'll be extremely obnoxious to play against, and if you nerf her, she won't be fun at all to play because Soraka players won't feel like they have an impact, they won't feel satisfied while playing her (this is the case right now).

She is currently balanced in that her sole presence does NOT mean that you won't be able to get any kills on her lane ever (like it used to do, unless the Soraka lane really ****ed up), but at the same time, she does not feel fun nor satisfying to play at the moment, and seeing as this is a video game, fun factor is important. When I played Soraka pre-sustain-nerf, my W had twice the ratio, half the CD, and healed for more, and I could never go OOM because not only did Infuse give ME mana as well, I could self-cast it for double the mana - it was ridiculous. But if you ask me, it was way more fun to play her that way than it is right now, tossing one heal every 20 seconds or so. What can possibly be fun about that when you have other supports who always have something to do, like Sona, Janna, Lulu, etc? Now of course going up AGAINST the old Soraka was awfully boring, and it still is for the matter, but at least then the Soraka player felt more active.

I really think Riot needs to do to Soraka what they did for all those other classic champions - man up and rework her. Her current kit, much like old Eve's kit, cannot be balanced and fun to both people playing her and people playing against her.