Riot, be honest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeolian Melodies

07-14-2012

This is not a QQ thread. I almost never create threads and there's enough /mylife here anyway. It's a legit questioning.

I've been a support player since... well, since I started playing really. I pretty much only picked up LoL because I was told "you can play support too" and the first game I ever played was with Sona and she made me fall in love with the game. I've always found it enjoyable even if it's selfless, even if we sometimes get yelled at more than we deserve and get praised less than we deserve. I've learned to cope with that and to identify my fails and my good plays by myself, raging at myself on my own for the bad plays, and giving myself a pat on the back when I do something good.

However, patch after patch after patch, pretty much all I see is nerfs. Nerfs. And more nerfs. What is a support supposed to do?

Is it... healing? Healing is the first thing that comes to your mind when I say support, right? Well apparently, healer isn't what Riot wants us to be, because Sona's W was nerfed so much it is barely a shadow of what it was when she was released, Taric's sustain was gutted when he was remade, Ali's sustain got nerfed last patch (lolwut), and Soraka, the game's dedicated healer, keeps getting nerfed and called "toxic" by Rioters.

So it's not healing you want us to do. Oh wait!!! Is it... buffing? Is amplifying our allies' power what you want us to do? Mmhhh... Janna's shield was nerfed hard when the AD buff got tied to the dmg absorbing shield, Sona's auras were destroyed, Soraka's bonus armor on W got nerfed too... so I guess it's not what you want us to do. Fine then.

Oh right! I get it, you don't want us to be passive! You want us to be active, involved in the fight! Right, got it. From now on, we shall poke the hell out of enemies and try to zone them out of XP range! **** YEAH! What? Sona's passive nerfed? Lulu's poke nerfed? But... but we thought... we thought...

Oh, right, sorry. Supports shouldn't be doing dmg, what the hell were we thinking? It's all about disruption and utility. Ok, we'll be good now, we'll do as you say, sorry if we understood you wrong and didn't know our place. What was that? Nerfs on Janna's Q and W? Monsoon losing its slow component (yup ladies, it used to slow people who re-entered the storm, umad??), having its range decreased, and CD increased? Calling Crescendo a design mistake because AoE hard CC on a support is bad? Well ok then, I guess utility + disruption isn't what we should be doing.

Should we roam and gank, like Alistar? Oh, wait, that got nerfed too.

Okay wait. That's it, I got it, WE ARE THERE FOR VISION. That's it. Map control is our absolute duty. ALL RIGHT! From now on we shall use CV, spam wards, build gp10, an-- what, I beg your pardon? CV nerfed across the board? Gp10 nerfed so you can't stack the same item? HoG making you squishier and Philo giving less hp regen? Oh, all right then i's not the right thing to do... FINE.

So many things were nerfed on supports that I really, really wonder what is going on. Riot, be honest, be clear; what is it you want from us? What is it that you want from the support class in your game? We promise we'll do it. We promise we'll be good. Just tell us, Riot pls.

Tell us how we have to play and act so we don't get nerfed every 2 weeks.

----- The rest of this post contains Riot baits and the history of the thread, you can move along if you want --------

EDIT: trying to bait out some Reds to answer me, so:

Trinity Force
Nerf Irelia
Soraka remake
Picking up the kill
Stealth rework
Tons of dmg
Parrot
Delete Teemo
Leona
Buff Gunblade
Magnificent Twisted Fate
Jungle Lulu

EDIT 2: wow 100+ votes, <3 everyone. Still waiting on a red to come here. RIOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IRELIA PLEASE SHE IS WAY OP THIS CHAMPION IS WAY TOO STRONG!!!!! MORELLO, RIOT PLS. Also Zyra's art is bad, use sneak peak please! AND NERF IRELIA!! And seriously 1K RP AND MAGMA CHAMBER WHERe.

EDIT 3: Hey GUISE it's definitely time to discuss... THE STATUS... OF HAUNTING GUISE! GOGOGO!!!!

EDIT 4: 140 upvotes, c'mon Riot!! Lashrack offered free cookies to any Red who will answer my questions! you DO like cookies, don't ya??

EDIT 5: 200+ upvotes, thanks everyone +1'ing and bumpin'. Riot, I'll give a glass of fresh milk to anyone who replies here (because milk + cookies = even more OP than haunting guise on Irelia... any thought on a Sunblade Irelia skin, to contrast with her OP Frostblade-self?)

EDIT 6: 300 upvotes, wow. 20+ pages and still having an intelligent conversation. Keep the comments, bump and upvotes everyone, Riot can't ignore this issue forever! <3 (cookies are drying out guys, come on now)

EDIT 7: Almost 400 upvotes now <3 and 30 pages. Thank you everyone keeping this alive Moar Riot baits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkyupurbutt View Post
IRON SOLARI
NERF IRELIA
COOKIES
I RECENTLY GOT BANNED AND I DONT THINK IT WAS LEGITIMATE
COOKIES
NERF IRELIA
NERF IRELIA
NERF IRELIA
REMADE EVELYNN SUCKS
NERF IRELIA
MORE TEEMO SKINS
LESS TEEMO SKINS
BUFF TEEMO
NERF TEEMO
TEEMO
TEEMO
NERF IRELIA
TEEMO
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
EDIT 8: 400+ upvotes now... come Riot, don't these people deserve an answer from you?

EDIT 9: 500 upvotes, and 36 pages of discussion. We are not crying. We are not raging. We are not *****ing. We just want to know. Please? I'll let you nerf Irelia some more.

EDIT 10: 600+ upvotes, still no answer. How long can Riot ignore all these players? A fellow summoner said it better than me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno By View Post
notice the lack of additional input in this thread riot?

Do you?

It's rare for there to be no ensuing argument in a thread of this size, almost impossible to get 40 pages of bumps by different people

Unless everyone agrees. That's nearly 600 upvotes with nearly universal agreement and no Red?

Come on Riot get in here.
EDIT 11: Almost 800 upvotes. Are we gonna get to 1k before Reds come? Let's try something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denebious View Post
And Bump goes the thread.
If you want to summon a red, you need to do the red summoning ritual.
*Ahem*

Roshlokarana, Harsonakana, Banananana,
Roshra Coshra Voshra Doshra
*looks up at the sky to see the lightning strike*
Vacra Ackra Shackra
SHAROOOM!!!!!

Teemo.
EDIT 12: That's it, over 800 upvotes, over a month of discussion and bumps. That's way more than I ever expected, tbh I thought I'd be downvoted and forgotten in the depths of GD, so I'm glad to see many other people share my opinion and are as determined as I am to get an answer for Riot. Come on Riot, it's clearly just not one support player being butthurt, it's not a couple of us pulling the martyr act, it's A LOT of us sharing the same legitimate questionning. You cannot ignore all these players and say "We are community oriented" with a straight face, you simply cannot. It's not even just support players, a lot of summoners here stated that they don't play support as their primary role, so it's not just supports players crying over their champions nerfed, EVERYONE thinks that way. Morello, you are summoned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa17 View Post
Let me try to summoner Morello.

NERFMASTER SUCKTOWN, I CALL UPON THEE
EDIT 13: 950+ upvotes and almost 70 pages of bumps and comments by various players. Come on Riot, stop pretending you didn't see us, it's getting less and less believable :/

@Guinsoo
@Morello
@Ryedan
@Coronach
@RiotStatikk
@RiotLykaeus
@KarrieBear
@Brackhar (come on man, you designed Janna, I love Janna more than any other champion in this game, show me some love? </3)
@Kismet
@Tamat
@Pendragon
@Tryndamere
@Solapaine
@FastLoris
@RelPor
@Hohums
@Banksy
@ZenonTheStoic
@rjcombo
@Average Gatsby
@Fruitstrike
@EncasedShadow
@RyanLaughlin
@Geeves
@Rayven
@Bear
@RiotJeffJew
@CaptainLx
@Nikasaur
@Miditron
@Udyr
@Ezreal (you designed Sona and she is responsible for both hooking me on support and on League, pretty please% </3)
@RiotMarcou
@Rinoa
@Serif
@RiotDaemon
@Codemaster
@RiotChris
@Nicolo
@Karl The Pagan
@Lomar
@RiotTobster
@MythikWolf
@Drachis
@Hephestopheles (Ziegler)
@Rabid Llama
@RiotTravisGoetz
@WhattayaBrian
@VaurnBarn
@kbox
@RiotStallion
@Akov
@TheGreatHembini
@Discord
@RiotPi
@Opeli
@Zileas
@RiotSplosion
@RiotMilkCow
@Doctor Awesomer
@RiotDefault
@BlueFire
@Status Kwoh
@Acetaminpohen
@VuSwag
@Beat Punchbeef
@BelligerentSwan
@DonofBran
@Volty
@Veigar
@Nyandalee
@RiotVeonneth
@Maxtion Hero
@XrayAlpha
@colossal
@B1naryV1s10n
@RiotMannie
@RiotRunaan
@subninja
@IronStylus
@Jozrael
@Phreak
@Lima Beans
@Volibar
@Jesse Perring
@ByronicHero
@Moneypenny
@FeralPony
@Loote
@Xypherous

EDIT 14: Over 1k upvotes and 70+ pages, we're still waiting. Hey Rioters, your last played champion is now a support, whatdo??

EDIT 15: Over a month later and almost 1.3k, I finally got Morello to come here. Here, Morello *hands out cookies and milk* - ah, whatever, I'm overjoyed! *throws cookies at everyone that came here*

EDIT 16: 1.5k+ wooo. Wanting some updates, what's gonna happen with supports in season 3? I swear next time I pick Sona and my ADC cries for Blitz, I'm going to kill myself. Also, I'll just leave it there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almitt View Post
League of studio just posted a video where he kinda made the same point as we are trying to in this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2-x...&feature=g-u-u

I'd say taht that video lends quite abit of strength to our arguments, and refreshes my conviction in that RIOT needs to look at the direction they are taking supports in.

Aeolian Melodies

07-14-2012

Bump for knowledge.

Aeolian Melodies

07-14-2012

It sure is moving fast in here!

A1therios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

bump!

Wipey

07-14-2012

Bump for legitimate points

Penta Dunkz

07-14-2012

Sona hasnt been nerfed dude she got a bug fix and buffed, pritty much all support champs at the moment are all very vaulable champion all supports have cc effect, heal/sheilds/ stat boost/ movement boost list goes on... I play support aswell and pritty much always win (mainly kayle) just because your goal it to harrse and cs deny the enemy adc while protecting your lane and allies, or you can even solo top and iv never seen a solo top kayle/ zilian/ mid soraka/ mid sona. mid lulu ever get outlanned by basically any champ.

Khyber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

I so agree with you on this D=

Red's answer to this, NOW.

Keeper Remulos

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Should we roam and gank, like Alistar? Oh, wait, that got nerfed too.
To be fair, Alistar's nerfs were not targeted towards his roaming at all. He's still a must-ban/pick as a Jungler.

The only reason roaming slowly faded off was mainly because of the Twitch and Eve nerfs. Taric and Alistar (although he was op combo AP nuke back then) were still able to roam fine.

Penta Dunkz

07-14-2012

Alistar has always been a must ban over powered champ, since the nerf his only just starting to come ok but is still so strong... his ulti like him be a tank without even building tank, he has a short aoe heal to keep lane sustain and he has cc comming out of him like a baws...

Demultiplexer

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
However, patch after patch after patch, pretty much all I see is nerfs. Nerfs. And more nerfs. What is a support supposed to do?
I rarely play supports so I really never made notice of how much of a hit they have been taking. Pretty much all I see from this is that Sona is getting "decent" damage now (not compared to any non-support of course). I understand the concern. Seems kind of pointless to continue removing the sustainability they provide imo.