Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] AP Poppy -- AKA "The fine art of carbonizing Ashe"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorifel

Recruiter

11-01-2010

Thank you for your answers about the jungling Poppy! I don't play her right now, but she was the first hero I've tried when started playing and she looks extremely interesting and challenging. ^_^ So I am going to try her again after I gather some more experience with the game.

Dunkelzahn

11-04-2010

Bump for posterity.

Dunkelzahn

11-07-2010

bump again because i'm a shameless *****.

Dunkelzahn

11-09-2010

Oh baby, it's Poppy free week! Since it's Poppy free week, I'll bump this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXdYcRI7b_k This here is a sort-of-accurate representation of what happens when Poppy and an enemy squishy come together in a lane.

NatusM

11-10-2010

What a fantastic write-up! More like this, please!

foshokku

11-10-2010

Wow, awesome guide! I've had 5 matches so far using AP Poppy and (despite sucking major lollies on my first play) did relatively good. Even had first blood in two of them.

What also delights me about Poppy overall is how good of a "guardian" she can be. I had a game with an Annie as partner against a Nasus and Nunu, and good god I did save her ass multiple times with exausth and charge. That and stopping a Mundo with his ult and burning agony on makes it all worth.

Dunkelzahn

11-10-2010

Quote:
NatusM:
What a fantastic write-up! More like this, please!

I had an Udyr guide in the works, but it's on my computer in which the video card has fried. I'm getting a new one within the week, and I think it'll be good.

Quote:
What also delights me about Poppy overall is how good of a "guardian" she can be. I had a game with an Annie as partner against a Nasus and Nunu, and good god I did save her ass multiple times with exausth and charge. That and stopping a Mundo with his ult and burning agony on makes it all worth.

Nice! She's not exactly a Shen or Rammus, yeah, but lots of people underestimate the Poppy that's between them and the guy they're chasing and they end up getting tackled for it. It works best on Vlads since they can be pretty cocky.

foshokku

11-10-2010

True.

Also, last game taught me a lesson: you're never safe enough against Poppy.
I had a Ryze tower hug for a while. Just popped my ult on him, melted his face and got away with barely a scratch. That happened with an Ashe as well (which, with the power of AP, was decimated with three hit. Didn't even use my DFG).

X Widow Maker X

11-10-2010

Looonnnggg time AD Poppy player here, and i have to be honest i have never tried AP because im hooked on AD like a crack addict. I want to try AP now to compare, because right now im of the opinion that AD is better

Why? Devastating blow benefits from damage and can crit

With an infinity edge and a blood thirster you can easily cap a mana golem for 1600 or 2 shot a squishy carry. You can still be an anti carry, but you will become a carry for your team as well. With AD you will also become a better farmer.

Trinity Force, Infinity Edge, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster, etc.

Give it a try. Ill try AP.

i havnt played poppy in a very long time but i assume she has not changed much

One question, does poppy still not take dmg from dragon after charge?

turtlejay

Recruiter

11-12-2010

The only good poppy guide in the forum. I tried her out on my smurf since its free week for her, and built AP (enough playing against her will teach you that AP is the only way to go with her). I came here trying to find good runes, since I wasn't sure what was good armor pen/magic pen wise. . .and the other guides sucked so much.

I think I've had luck with her on my own, building the 3 speed boots instead of sorc shoes, rushing lich bane instead of saving it. . .small differences but I like how she plays. My fav was just melting the **** out of Ez last game. The fact that he flashed away and I still caught and splattered him makes me tingly. I don't think I like investing in Rylai's just because your goal should be death, and quick death, not slow. I've settled on doran's ring, boots2, then 3, sheen--->lichbane, 3 blasting wands (most effecient way to buy AP to fuel the lichbane) and then upgrade the wands as you get more cash.

Noobish build for low Elo I know. I think I'll start trying out some of your build ideas to see what fits my playstyle.

Thanks for the guide!!