[Guide] AP Poppy -- AKA "The fine art of carbonizing Ashe"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hozartis

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyreia View Post
My issue with Poppy is surviving. My tank will initiate, I'll go in, vaporize somebody, then immediately get focused and die. How do you stay alive after the vaporization?
A simple problem to solve. You run for your life! After every vaporization, you will have full aggro from the enemy team if you are the first one in.

You'll need to build a sense of when you can stick around and when you need to retreat. Ignite makes your life much easier, because you can burst the carry down, autoattack for a bit, ignite her, and run to safety before the ignite kills her.

The battle should be too chaotic for you to be getting focused like that and if it isn't, come in a little delayed.

Leirkov

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozartis View Post
A simple problem to solve. You run for your life! After every vaporization, you will have full aggro from the enemy team if you are the first one in.

You'll need to build a sense of when you can stick around and when you need to retreat. Ignite makes your life much easier, because you can burst the carry down, autoattack for a bit, ignite her, and run to safety before the ignite kills her.

The battle should be too chaotic for you to be getting focused like that and if it isn't, come in a little delayed.
Sometimes the carry fears you so much that they run away when they see you as well so you would be hard pressed to have an easy time getting to that carry undetected, your best hope is to seriously, ninja in from behind and take them out. It's what I did, I had enemy team focusing me, I hit W and ran for my life, my team cleaned up pretty easily after that. I lived, too.

Dunkelzahn

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
Sometimes the carry fears you so much that they run away when they see you as well so you would be hard pressed to have an easy time getting to that carry undetected, your best hope is to seriously, ninja in from behind and take them out. It's what I did, I had enemy team focusing me, I hit W and ran for my life, my team cleaned up pretty easily after that. I lived, too.
Right here is a good thing to remember. If you're an Akali or Kassadin player, playing Poppy should be similar, except that you have nothing to fear but your target and your burst is better than theirs.

Dunkelzahn

09-25-2010

Bump for posterity. Since Kog'Maw is everyone's new favorite hated hero and people have just discovered what anti-carries are, I figured I'd bump this to help show the masses.

Especially since Akali for some reason is everyone's favorite anti-carry when she in fact pales in comparison to our stalwart pig-tailed yordle.

Demonite10

09-25-2010

Thanks a ton!

I've always failed when trying to play Poppy, and I couldn't ever figure out why. I thought I'd wasted the points on her.

If you were going to grab the Hextech Gunblade, when would you get it?

Dunkelzahn

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
Thanks a ton!

I've always failed when trying to play Poppy, and I couldn't ever figure out why. I thought I'd wasted the points on her.

If you were going to grab the Hextech Gunblade, when would you get it?
If they're not gunning for Magic Resist and you're kicking some ass, I'd say get it after Lichbane. Otherwise, get a Void Staff and maybe a survivability item. Gunblade's really nice but it's mostly a luxury item, imo.

SciencePrime

09-27-2010

Awesome guide. Always played poppy with Trinity. Will try AP for the funsies.

Dunkelzahn

09-28-2010

Trust me, you'll love it.

Maybe.

Soulrin10

09-28-2010

ive been using this build for a couple of games, was considering writting my own guide but i cant match your wit, sire.

though ive been rushing deathfire, and getting a ruby crystal between that and sheen. the extra health increases your damage, and there are plenty of different items you can make using it.

considering this build lacks +health, you might want to always carry that fortitute elixir with you.

the burst build is quite effective. i was able to single handedly murder a godlike akali with over 2.5k health with a deathfire, half a sheen and my incredible handsomeness.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

+1 for humorous intro