[Guide] AP Poppy -- AKA "The fine art of carbonizing Ashe"

12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fitness

09-06-2010

pro name! Shadowrun ftw! I still read the novel paperbacks

Basist

09-06-2010

I'm happy to oblige I always like finding new additions to fun builds, especially ones that involve items people normally tend to ignore. Now with 200 ad with Gunblade, all you need is a Janna bubble+Nashor buff and you'll be the ultimate dps

Dunkelzahn

09-06-2010

Well, you'll still have a terrible attack speed, but hey, if your team was like

Janna/Poppy/Warwick/insert 2 others, you'd be a maniac.

@Fitness: That's freaking awesome. I should get around to reading those. I love the lore of the setting but I haven't read anything beyond the sourcebook/wikis on it.

MuffinButtonYay

09-06-2010

My issue with Poppy is surviving. My tank will initiate, I'll go in, vaporize somebody, then immediately get focused and die. How do you stay alive after the vaporization?

Also, what does your name mean? I see a lot of people pointing it out, but all I see is "Dark Tooth" in German.

Dunkelzahn

09-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyreia View Post
My issue with Poppy is surviving. My tank will initiate, I'll go in, vaporize somebody, then immediately get focused and die. How do you stay alive after the vaporization?
I sometimes have that issue too, but think of it this way: You're good for DFG + Charge + Devastating Blow. If they blow everything on you, they're not blowing everything on say, your actual carry like Tristana or Ezreal. Meanwhile, you've just exploded their most important player and their cooldowns are now ticking.

If it's a heavy physical DPS team, you may not have to worry as much because of your passive + Paragon's armor. But if they're packing CC + spells, Mercury's is great to get, or maybe slip in a Negatron Cloak somewhere so that after you get your DFG or Lichbane you can get a Banshee's Veil.

Quote:
Also, what does your name mean? I see a lot of people pointing it out, but all I see is "Dark Tooth" in German.
Dunkelzahn was a character from the Shadowrun setting. Shadowrun's a futuristic cyberpunk fantasy setting which centers around a world where magic has returned and fantastic creatures and races walk the earth again. Dunkelzahn was a dragon who basically told the world what was going on, and he was a very popular figure.

He's a really cool character and Shadowrun is an awesome setting, so I chose him as my summoner name.

Leirkov

09-06-2010

First game..

10-9-1

Pretty bad cause I was silly early, but I obliterated Ashe every team fight and got a few lucky last hits on Sion. It was really fun watching her health drop instantly.

I was 1-6 for a while then I picked it up, Poppy is really fun.

Dunkelzahn

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
First game..

10-9-1

Pretty bad cause I was silly early, but I obliterated Ashe every team fight and got a few lucky last hits on Sion. It was really fun watching her health drop instantly.

I was 1-6 for a while then I picked it up, Poppy is really fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
obliterated Ashe
where have you been all my life

Leirkov

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
where have you been all my life
<3

Once I got DFG and annihilated her she was like "nerf" over all chat. Just "nerf" I was like LOL.

Octovert

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyreia View Post
Sometimes you don't, and sometimes that's ok. However, once you have _at least_ a sheen and some level 1 boots, and you are having a rough go, take a look at their team. Are they mostly physical deeps? Get a wardens mail or a heart of gold (randuins later, fun item on poppy). Are they mostly magical? Get a spirit visage. Neither of these are very expensive (a big plus, because poppy can't farm), and offer some half decent survivability. The visage, and the randuins also offer some cooldown reduction, which any poppy should love.

Dunkelzahn

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBarnacle View Post
Sometimes you don't, and sometimes that's ok. However, once you have _at least_ a sheen and some level 1 boots, and you are having a rough go, take a look at their team. Are they mostly physical deeps? Get a wardens mail or a heart of gold (randuins later, fun item on poppy). Are they mostly magical? Get a spirit visage. Neither of these are very expensive (a big plus, because poppy can't farm), and offer some half decent survivability. The visage, and the randuins also offer some cooldown reduction, which any poppy should love.
this man speaks wisdom.

12345612 ... 15