AP Jax > AD Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ectb

07-14-2012

AD Jax tends to be in equal match up against other bruisers, some of which can even completely zone out Jax if he makes one slightest mistake early game.

AP Jax is pretty much invincible in mid lane, he can easily crush traditional mages who are squishy, his burst potential increases exponentially with level, especially after level 6.

AD Jax tends to build tanky after Trinity force, which allows him to survive longer in the middle of a team fight. However with AP Jax you can quickly burst down important objectives and then get out, or continue fighting if he wishes.

AP Jax is also more resistant to magic damage with his ultimate. In fact, magic resistance is more important on Jax than armor for two reasons; firstly, your first priority is to focus down the enemy carry, which means the enemy carry will either be dead or running away, meanwhile all you have to do is to tank through all the magic damage from the rest of his team; secondly, counter strike makes you immune to auto attack for 2 seconds, so it makes sense to invest into something you're lacking, i.e. magic resistance.

AP Jax kills low health low resistance enemies faster than AD Jax, due to his burst combo; he can also destroy tankier objectives due to the fact that magic resistance is always lower than armor, and that AP Jax can shred health faster with Deathfire Grasp.

In my last game I went 17/4/5, with a maximum killing spree of 10.

SteveTheCrusader

07-14-2012

sounds legit

Henry Plainview

07-14-2012

I thought everybody bought Triforce then Gunblade (and by then the game is probably over), which is kind of both.

Meoshi1

07-14-2012

i play both,tanky..AS boots, triforce, thornmail,banshee's, hextech, guardians angel....i play a super tanky jax xD; but my dmg is still realllly good <3 i also go 9/21/0 for top lane survivability.

ectb

07-14-2012

1. Mercury treads (CC negation is the best survivability you can get)

2. Rylai's sceptor (I tested this item in last game, my ultimate procced 35% slow for every 3rd auto attack, which, which is really OP)

3. Hextech gunblade

4. Deathfire grasp (in addition to the health shredding active, it gives you 15% CDR which allows you to burst more often with W, stun more often with E, and chase better with Q)

5. Rabadon's deathcap

6. Lich bane (gives you more burst) / Abyssal sceptor (more magic resistance) / Void staff (magic penetration) / Rod of ages (more health and mana; AP Jax tends to go oom in a prolonged team fight)

ectb

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meoshi1 View Post
i play both,tanky..AS boots, triforce, thornmail,banshee's, hextech, guardians angel....i play a super tanky jax xD; but my dmg is still realllly good <3 i also go 9/21/0 for top lane survivability.
You don't do enough damage that way. It's probably your team that is contributing most of the damage.

Meoshi1

07-15-2012

naw its me xD; but i just love playing tanky, i've never really liked glass cannon, i still have like 200 ap n ad ^^ + like 200ar n like 280 mr or something

Eninya

07-15-2012

I don't care for AD Jax. I preferred going slight hybrid with a heavy focus on AP. 2k Leap Strikes, soloing Baron completely safe, and 4700 HP was just broken before his passive nerf.

ninjabob321

07-15-2012

Build hybrid

PhreaksWilly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

He is built best as a bruiser w/ gunblade and triforce.