Albaton, Fist of the Loving Family

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Tomita

07-20-2012

good luck...those sites helping me a lil

Yahtz

07-21-2012

Statistics:

They look good except a few things.

- Health Regen: 7.15 (+7.5), I think you meant: 7.15 (+0.75)
- No Armor is listed
- No Base MP5 is listed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gentlemanly Warefare (Passive):

Balanced and well done, unique concept to give the tank damage to remain a threat as well as incentive to focus the tank without hard CC (such as a taunt).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loving Family Lariat (LFL):

- Is this a skill shot that moves Albaton from Point A to Point B (Like Renekton’s Slice and Dice) or is it AoE similar to Skarner’s Crystal Slash and Hecarim’s Rampage?

- The bonus Armor and Magic Resist is too much
o Leona gets 30/40/50/60/70 for 3 + 3 seconds, on a 14 second cooldown. Meaning the ability is up (assuming no CDR) 21% to 42% of the time. Or overall the ability gives Leona 9.45/12.6/15.75/18.9/22.05 Magic Resist and Armor
o LFL on the other hand is 60/70/80/90/100 for 3 seconds on a 12-8 second cooldown. Meaning the ability is up (assuming no CDR) 25%-37.5% of the time. Meaning your ability gives Albaton 15/19.9/24/30/37.5 Magic Resist and Armor.

- Damage is balanced
- Everything else looks fine

Suggestions:

- Lower the Magic Resist and Armor gained from this skill.
o Example: Armor and Magic Resist is increased by 38/43/48/53/58
- If LFL isn’t a skill shot that moves Albaton from Point A to Point B I think it should be (I know he already has one gap closer, but for some reason I would like a blink happy tank who spins in, flexs, spins out, and charges back in).

Illustrious Form (Passive):

- Might be a bit too much damage reduction, but without testing I can’t really confirm this. Like the mechanic combo though

Illustrious Form (Active):

- I personally feel this ability should be based off of enemy direction (Similar to Cassiopeia’s Petrifying Gaze and Tryndamere’s Mocking Shout) Where if enemy’s are facing away take a reduced effect while enemys facing him get something more
- Damage is alright
- Everything else looks fine

Majestic Charge:

- How long is the knock up?
- Why does he knock up non-champions and not just stun them?
- The spell shield seems oddly placed. I understand why you put it on Albaton, but I don’t think he needs it.
- Damage is good
- Mana cost should increase with each rank
- Everything else looks good

Suggestion:

- Make Speed of Charge 1000 + Albaton’s Movement Speed at cast

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophia’s Embrace:

- Always like ultimates that empower the rest of their kit

Empowered Q:

- Bland, but balanced

Empowered W:

- I feel that he gets a bit much from this; CC immunity AND -60% damage taken from marked units for 6 seconds, that’s scary.

Empowered E:

- I’m torn. Basic E allows Albaton to go through ALL units until he arrives at his destination. Empowered E stops Albaton at the first enemy champion he hits.
- Damage feels high for the portion of “If no other champions are hit”.
- Actually I feel the last sentence is unneeded. Because otherwise they are CC’d for 3.5 seconds. A bit too long. Allow the ability to deal 75/110/145/180/210 + 200/300/400 all the time and call it a day

Overall:

- I can see when you'd want to use Empowered W and Empowered E, but I feel by comparison Empowered Q is missing out. (Basic W already has a slow, and Empowered E CC's one champion and still deals some big AoE damage)

Suggestions:

- Give Empowered Q something to make it a practical choice by comparison.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General:

- Go back and set the damage type (Magic, Physical, True)
- Go back and give all his ability’s damage scaling.
- Fix the issues under his stats
- I like this Champion the only thing I am worried about is that Albaton doesn’t falls under the theme/style that League of Legends currently is in, (he seems a bit over the top goofy/silly/ridiculous champion (NOT saying that’s a bad thing, just something I noticed).)
- Overall very much enjoyed reading over his skills
- Good luck and looking forward to how Albaton evolves
- Thank you for your comments on Aegis, the Shieldsworn

Mytharionas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

As someone who has been struggling to find the perfect ratios, I am quite grateful for your suggestions. Judging from some of your comments, I feel that I haven't done a sufficient job explaining my abilities, or the logic behind them. So i'll try my best to rectify this posthaste:

(The points I agree with you on have been used to make changes to the champion. Therefore, I will be commenting mostly on the suggestions I chose not to use, in addition to explaining the logic I used to reach my conclusions.)

Loving Family Lariat

Quote:
- Is this a skill shot that moves Albaton from Point A to Point B (Like Renekton’s Slice and Dice) or is it AoE similar to Skarner’s Crystal Slash and Hecarim’s Rampage?
While Hecarim's Rampage may be the closest to LFL's style from the examples you gave, I think the most fitting analogy would be to Garen's Judgement. I wanted to give it a twist that wasn't applied to any pre-existing champions.

Activating LFL would feel like Hecarim's Rampage, but the following attack doesn't trigger until the end of the spin. Between the first strike and the last is the spin, with which you move to wherever you want the finishing strike to occur. I hope this clears any confusion.

Quote:
- If LFL isn’t a skill shot that moves Albaton from Point A to Point B I think it should be (I know he already has one gap closer, but for some reason I would like a blink happy tank who spins in, flexs, spins out, and charges back in).
I'm not opposed to a champion using multiple mobility techniques, but making LFL a skill shot charge seems less applicable to the purpose of spreading the passive. Albaton's playstyle relies heavily on being able to spread his passive where he needs, and being able to move where you're needed in the middle of LFL is greatly beneficial to that end.

Illustrious Form
Quote:
- I personally feel this ability should be based off of enemy direction (Similar to Cassiopeia’s Petrifying Gaze and Tryndamere’s Mocking Shout) Where if enemy’s are facing away take a reduced effect while enemys facing him get something more
To be honest, I thought the same thing when I was first designing the skills. I wanted enemies looking upon Albaton to recieve a blind or disorient effect when Illustrious Form was cast. But looking at Illustrious Form presented the issue of over-complexity, or packing too much into a single skill. It felt like Illustrious Form would have "too much" if I put a direction based factor in with everything else.

I do like direction based abilities though, and I would like to bring some to the table with the next champion.

Majestic Charge
Quote:
- How long is the knock up?
- Why does he knock up non-champions and not just stun them?
- The spell shield seems oddly placed. I understand why you put it on Albaton, but I don’t think he needs it.
- Mana cost should increase with each rank
I'll address each statement to the best of my ability:

1. A one second knock-up? As long as the other knock-ups? To be perfectly honest, it was the image I was more concerned about, not the mechanic. I wanted Majestic Charge to part the minions like a hot knife through butter, but stop upon colliding with a champion. The minions are in the way, and the Charge knocks them aside so Albaton can go straight for the target.

2. As i've said in the first answer, I wanted MC to stop upon colliding with a champion. I never intended for it to go through them, but I assumed it was unnecessary to clarify. It is entirely my fault for not putting this information in the skill.

3. I wanted Albaton's kit to heavily reward precise timing and bold maneuvers simultaneously. Most dashes can be utilized to dodge a spell, but end up sacrificing positioning and distance. I wanted Albaton players to cleverly time their charges and break through the defenses of the enemy. I don't want the spell shield lasting any longer than the charge however. It's more heroic this way.

4. I looked at a multitude of different tank styled champions to see how their mana costs were managed and I noticed a pattern. Only one ability went up in mana costs while the rest were static. With this in mind, I had to choose an ability to go up while other stayed the same. I didn't want to choose MC because it was his most important tool. So I looked at the other two to see what needed it more. I settled on LFL because it was (in my opinion) his second most important, and it seemed to have quite a bit of power due to spreading the passive.

Quote:
- I’m torn. Basic E allows Albaton to go through ALL units until he arrives at his destination. Empowered E stops Albaton at the first enemy champion he hits.
- Damage feels high for the portion of “If no other champions are hit”.
- Actually I feel the last sentence is unneeded. Because otherwise they are CC’d for 3.5 seconds. A bit too long. Allow the ability to deal 75/110/145/180/210 + 200/300/400 all the time and call it a day
As i've said, Basic E was also intended to stop, I updated the ability to include this. I apologize for the misunderstanding. I've also lowered the singular damage slightly and the stun duration drastically. That said, I must disagree with you on one point. I put in the last sentence because of how I wanted the abilities to be utilized.

Empowered Q was meant for AoE damage, W for defensive purposes, and E to single out a target to devastating effect. I ended up tweaking the damage for E so that the singular bonus was still a considerable advantage, but using it in a crowd would do less damage than Q. This hopefully gives Q a good reason to be used while keeping E in the role I wanted it to fulfill.

Everything else you've said has been used to improve the champion, I'm glad to see people take an interest to my champion, especially if they have suggestions on how to make it better. Thanks for the review.

One more thing...

Quote:
- I like this Champion the only thing I am worried about is that Albaton doesn’t falls under the theme/style that League of Legends currently is in, (he seems a bit over the top goofy/silly/ridiculous champion (NOT saying that’s a bad thing, just something I noticed).)
I think ridiculous is great for the roster. Between lamppost wielding warriors and midget super villains, LoL is a fantastic environment for silly champions. Especially when it's in a style they haven't already brought into the game.

If you think Albaton is a silly concept, wait til you see the next champion I make. It will be far, far worse.

Mytharionas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Bump for justice!

Not gonna lie, I find the practice of bumping my own post a bit unclassy, so i'm going to add to this comment with some additional information.

I have another champion in the works at the moment. Just like Albaton's early days, I'm having a deal of trouble with the lore, so i'm considering finishing everything else and taking suggestions from the comments on where I should take it.

Leo Tomita

08-27-2012

bump for awesomeness

Leo Tomita

10-20-2012

THE most fun visual/mechanic champion i have seen here!

Mytharionas

10-25-2012

After a long silence, the bump of self promotional intent returns!

In all seriousness, I haven't been to these forums for a while. Originally it was because I was trying to bring another champion into the forums, but i've not been seeing much success from it. Mostly due to lore complications, and partly because Syndra managed to get the Sovereign title before he did.

So while that particular project is brought back up to speed, I intend to bring a different project into the forums. With luck I will have it done at a less abysmal pace than my previous champion.

Remember, if Albaton is a champion that interests you, feel free to leave a comment, rating, praise, criticisms and other things composed of words. I'd be grateful for any insight you can offer.

Varnoc

10-27-2012

First off, this concept is refreshingly amusing to read and imagine in game, I love the names of each ability as much as the descriptions, now with that out of my system, heres the ability review

Inate - solid passive, increases damage output by not being focused as a tank, really forces the enemy team to have one or two silly memebers attack you

Q - Not much to comment on for this, solid cooldown for the utility it provides

W - The damage reduction passive concerns me somewhat, if reduced to 15% at rank 5 it would be fine, but 30% is simply far too much for just hitting them once to apply the inate UNLESS it is only applied when attacking him, then this is fine

E - Same as Q

R - Only issue with this is the empowered Q slow, if you made this increase with rank instead of 70% at level 6 right off, this would be fine

Lore - Amusing and realistic, great stuff, adds a brighter side to the regular Noxian scene, well written

Overall - Well thought out concept, +1 from me in all respects, i can legitamately see this in game, good job

Pobbes

10-28-2012

Maybe, I'm reading him wrong, but he seems to me to be a burst AOE mage more than a tank. His AP ratios are not that high individually, but all together make for a very good ap kit, while relying on the damage reduction from his passives to keep him alive. This makes him alot like malphite in this regard. I think a major issue is the R refreshing the cooldown of his other abilites. Long story short I would combo like this E+Q(1st)+Q(2nd)+W+R+E(Emp)+W+Q(1st)+Q(2nd). The combined ap ratio of all these attacks exceeds Ahri's, not to mention some of her abilities are single target while all of Albaton's are AOE.

Other than those issues, I like the concept and the lore. I think you may have just skewed his skillset too much toward a caster rather thank tank build.

Harmannus

10-28-2012

Wow there are a lot of people giving verry detailed advise
After reading trough the post, I really liked the comparison made with Major Armstrong from full metal alchemist... If you have seen the show, you know what I mean. Else check:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Y9Q...eature=related
(the video only shows visual impression, for the real humor you need to watch the series )
I liked a combination of the old passive first mentioned in the post, and then the skill set after the last changes. Idea of a taric gone garren seemed pretty decent to me