Elo hell, myth? or fact?

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Import3d209

Member

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crech View Post
Oh, the "elo hell" discussion again. I'm at 1200 elo, which is exactly where I deserve to be. If you're at 1000 elo, or 800, or whatever, that's where you deserve to be as well.

People are so delusional about their skill level that they actually can convince themselves that their teammates are less skilled than their opponents - even though hard statistics and logic says otherwise.

It's kind of cute.
regardless if its where they deserve to be at i think he means its very hard to get out of where he is at because of the teams he gets. there is nothing he can do if the jungle just doesnt help failing lanes. or the support takes cs and doesnt ward. or if its a close game and they dont secure drag or baron with smite and they get it stolen. me personally i have alot of ranked 5 xp with players around 1800 elo in solo q. we are all around the same skill level we say to each other. but my solo q is 1116. i was 750 4 months ago. just a thought.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exotic3s

Member

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrful View Post
Everyone who I have ever met in person that claims to be in Elo hell fully deserves to be at the Elo they are at. Every. Single. One.

Its a myth propogated by poor players to make themselves look better. Think of it like this, if you say you are stuck in Elo hell because no one on your team buys wards.. That means your opponent has the same thing. You drop just a few critical wards, and it massively MASSIVELY helps our team win. Your allies have poor map awareness? Ping every time you see a gank coming, ping every time you see an objective open. Instead of saying 'Everyone else sucks' say 'how can I make sucky people win?' and you'll find yourself doing much, much better.

I find you wrong because....

I am probably at a 1380 elo (1300 is the norm for a player right? Cause I am probably a little above the norm) Even though I am not 30 but almost there I am guessing I am somewhere around 1350-1400 BUt when I have playyed on my friends acc before who is at a 1000 elo (which he deserves) I always see about 3 people who deserve to be WAy above that elo.

Therefore elo hell does excist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OuityDrood

Senior Member

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollinFeedRAGE View Post
I find you wrong because....

I am probably at a 1380 elo (1300 is the norm for a player right? Cause I am probably a little above the norm) Even though I am not 30 but almost there I am guessing I am somewhere around 1350-1400 BUt when I have playyed on my friends acc before who is at a 1000 elo (which he deserves) I always see about 3 people who deserve to be WAy above that elo.

Therefore elo hell does excist.
So because you think you're an above average player there is no elo hell?

See ya in hell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

baronsfoot89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-15-2012

Hi guys, here's baronsfoot89 ! I want to help you get out of elo hell. It is not something that we learn in 3 seconds and there is no magic trick to do it. But i started streaming with the goal of helping people to get out of the elo hell. I looked at tons of streams to get better and I think they are a great way to learn. I do what the majority of streamers don't do: I explain in details what I do and why I do it. This is important for me to transfer my knowledge of the game to you. I talk about champs, counter picks, I explain my moves and the items you really want to buy on some champs. I principaly play mid, top or Adc (well I play mid in all the team I play/have played), but in elo hell you never know where you are going ) . Just come take a quick look, I will probably be really active evening and nights

http://www.own3d.tv/live/348481

If you are looking for a team or a clan, join PG Gaming (i'm from PG Tempest). We accept everyone!

http://www.prodigygaming.net/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trackmaster

Senior Member

07-15-2012

Now for the record if you are way out of place (like 600+ points) 1 person can win a game easily. I've been from about 1000-1400 over my career and played a few normals with some old friends. They were at the level where no one wards and junglers happen about half the time. I just took Mundo and played like it was a serious game. I warded, ganked, pinged and the game was like playing with custom game bots except they surrendered at 20.

Why did this work? 1 average and 4 bad will rolfstomp 5 bad anytime so long as the average player doesn't support. In fact jungle works best, I played 1 as mid and even with a penta it lasted 35 full minutes instead of 20. In jungle I made it so every lane trashed the other team. Btw I normally don't jungle in ranked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tunmi

Member

07-16-2012

After going on a few losing streaks I've fallen bellow 800 and i can honestly say elo hell DOES EXIST. It starts in the 900's and get much worst.

I'm not saying I'm "great" or "pro" or should be way up there.. honestly i think i should be around 1200 where people actually understand the game.

here are some issues i face on my teams..

1. Everyone in Elo Hell RAGES and I mean RAGE hardcore. I've had people rage when we were winning.. and bring the team down. You can't even reason with them. I try to keep things positive and not rage for team morale and to avoid being banned. Seriously though.. EVERY game you get ragers.. you should consider yourself lucky if you only have 1 rager because usually its 2 or 3 of them.

2. NO WARDS. omg no one wards and if they do.. they dont know where the hell to put it. For this reason I often support because I'll ward almost the whole map and show them how OP wards are..

3. Dragon? whats that? Baron? huh?
me: "Guys, the enemy jungler is top and we just double killed bot, lets get dragon".. i get ignored. In elo hell dragon might as well not exist. None of them see the benefit of an early dragon kill like say around lvl 6-8. IF they go for dragon, it was because i pinged the hell out of it and they are already lvl 15+

4. teammate:"Oh you pinged? I didn't see"
I PING SO MANY TIMES THAT THE GAME DOESNT LET ME PING ANYMORE... and they still dont fall back.. still dont go for drag/baron..

5. Greed.. omg gotta get that kill..
Then they end up dying and not getting the kill or getting their teammates killed.

6. Horrible initations.
me: "Ali, why did you initiate man, it was 3v5 and our adc was farming/pushing top"

Or i love this one.. One person gets caught by the whole enemy team.. so why does my team rush in ONE BY ONE. I mean seriously. If Ashe got caught out of position, don't run into 5 guys that just killed him.

6. We cant win.. its Over.
me: "Dude, they are up by 1 turret and 1 kill.. we are still in the game.. stop sitting in respawn

and the surrenders at 20-25 minutes.. jeeeez, atleast try to make it into late game before give up. Then i get outvoted 4 to 1 and they surrender

7. One out of every 3 to 4 games has someone go afk or disconnect/quit.

8. CS? KILL KILL KILL
CS = gold...
killing is good but you should be farming and going for kills when the opportunity arises.

9. Trolls...
The other day i said i would support so the last guy could ADC because no one ever wants to support.. and i have good map awareness and ward alot so i feel like its not a bad position even in elo hell. The team member said nothing until he picked Nunu instead of ADC.. and told me "you had the power to to be ADC too".. me: "yeah but if i knew you were gonna support/pick nunu, i would have been an ADC and not support Nid"

DISCLAIMER
I dont claim to be a great player, I don't go 30/2 every game and im really not good enough to carry by myself.. but i should be in an elo where people have map awareness, ward, understand the game and dont troll. Literally every game has ragers plus atleast one (if notmore) of the other issues i listed.
TBH.. normals are better games then elo hell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abacadavar

Junior Member

07-16-2012

LOL not true, its so incredibly easy to carry from 900-1200 elo tbh. Even if you get unlucky with random ****, there is the same probability of that happening to the other team. But 95% (yes 95, leavers aren't as often as you think) of your games would be legit 5v5's and in those games all you have to do is have a ****in massive win in your lane (im not talking winning by 10 cs and a kill, im talking winning like 60+cs and up by 6 bloody kills.) Then everyone on the other team surrenders! Yay! Now if you can't win lane that hard, then maybe you belong on that elo l0l.

All the ******* which talk about solo queue being all luck, thats BS. If your team mates are bad and you are semi decent, that makes 4 bad people on your team but 5 bad people on the other team lol. So what if you get a leaver in one game? You probably have been on the other side of the spectrum before, having an ez win in a 5v4.

tl;dr get out of the low elo by just bloody winning your lane, who would of thought!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abacadavar

Junior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunmi View Post
After going on a few losing streaks I've fallen bellow 800 and i can honestly say elo hell DOES EXIST. It starts in the 900's and get much worst.

I'm not saying I'm "great" or "pro" or should be way up there.. honestly i think i should be around 1200 where people actually understand the game.

here are some issues i face on my teams..

1. Everyone in Elo Hell RAGES and I mean RAGE hardcore. I've had people rage when we were winning.. and bring the team down. You can't even reason with them. I try to keep things positive and not rage for team morale and to avoid being banned.

2. NO WARDS. omg no one wards and if they do.. they dont know where the hell to put it. For this reason I often support because I'll ward almost the whole map and show them how OP wards are..

3. Dragon? whats that? Baron? huh?
"Guys, the enemy jungler is top and we just double killed bot, lets get dragon".. i get ignored. In elo hell dragon might as well not exist. None of them see the benefit of an early dragon kill like say around lvl 6-8. IF they go for dragon, it was because i pinged the hell out of it and they are already lvl 15+

4. "Oh you pinged? I didn't see"
I PING SO MANY TIMES THAT THE GAME DOESNT LET ME PING ANYMORE... and they still dont fall back.. still dont go for drag/baron..

5. Greed.. omg gotta get that kill..
Then they end up dying and not getting the kill or getting their teammates killed.


6. Horrible initations.
"Nunu, why did you initiate man, it was 3v5 and our adc was farming/pushing top"


1. Y'know what would make them stop raging? if you completely stomped your lane and are now 7-0 and super fed! Then they would love you!

2. Honestly, who really cares about wards at that elo, you only need wards to prevent ganks at that elo, nobody is gonna do some crazy invades or anything else which would require heavy warding. At your elo (800) all you have to do is win lane and make them surrender (although that may be your fatal flaw, maybe you can't win lane that hard l0l)

3. Same thing, who cares about dragon, especially at 800 elo LOL. I repeat what I have said above before, its better to just ignore dragon then to bug your team mates about it (which may cause them to rage at you and reduce cooperation which was your first complaint LOL)

4. Again, don't bug them, just make them rage haha

both 5. and 6. the same could be true for the other team, basing your entire argument on luck that you supposedly get the baddies and the enemy team is good. I would argue otherwise, assuming your half decent, its more likely for the enemy team to have the feeder or the troll l0l


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abacadavar

Junior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollinFeedRAGE View Post
I find you wrong because....

I am probably at a 1380 elo (1300 is the norm for a player right? Cause I am probably a little above the norm) Even though I am not 30 but almost there I am guessing I am somewhere around 1350-1400 BUt when I have playyed on my friends acc before who is at a 1000 elo (which he deserves) I always see about 3 people who deserve to be WAy above that elo.

Therefore elo hell does excist.
OMG you have totally made a very convincing point by mentioning your friends experiences! Because that is the best way to make an argument, right, base it off your random friend which we hold no bearing to! /sarcasm


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abacadavar

Junior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrful View Post
Everyone who I have ever met in person that claims to be in Elo hell fully deserves to be at the Elo they are at. Every. Single. One.

Its a myth propogated by poor players to make themselves look better. Think of it like this, if you say you are stuck in Elo hell because no one on your team buys wards.. That means your opponent has the same thing. You drop just a few critical wards, and it massively MASSIVELY helps our team win. Your allies have poor map awareness? Ping every time you see a gank coming, ping every time you see an objective open. Instead of saying 'Everyone else sucks' say 'how can I make sucky people win?' and you'll find yourself doing much, much better.
smh, check yourself before you wreck yourself haters!


12345678 ... 11