Elo hell, myth? or fact?

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OuityDrood

07-14-2012

My main position I play is jungle, and I'm good at what I do. I enjoy playing champions like Nocturne or Udyr who can run in, and do massive damage in a few second.

The last 15 games I've been in, however, my team has been crape in the early game. I get to level 3, and see every lane pushed. This means I'm stuck in the jungle unable to do much but watch for the first 10 minutes of the game. I try my best to remain a viable part of the team, often snooping into the enemy jungle to see where they are in their route, and using that info to set up counter ganks, but there's always failure in the end. I'm sick of it. In normal games I can usually average 20 kills and become a menace to the enemy team. They learn to hats the roar as I pop bear form and whizz from a Bush. In ranked, I manage 3-5 kills and 7-9 deaths, dealing with fed carries and miss who know what they're doing unlike my *******. Does my team's skill reflect on my jungling prowess? Was I supposed to somehow prevent the first blood when that jackass Alistar dived tower at level three? Or stop their mid from counterpicking ours because he called the position even though he was first in que? I'm 9-20 in ranked right now and sick of being a victem to circumstance. I'll be a big man and admit some of those were my fault. We all have bad games (Fizz vs Vlad is a bad day.) But not nearly enough that it reflects my skill as a player. I've qued with level thirties since I started playing, they got me into this game. I know what I'm doing.

KnightxSScarlett

07-14-2012

The reason people get stuck in "Elo hell" isn't because they're bad players. It's because it only takes that one mistake for your team to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory. Someone facechecked a brush near baron, someone went top to push through their jungle, someone got caught in their jungle. This one mistake turns a 5v5 fight into a 4v5 fight and when you're fighting an army that is 125% your size... things get rough.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-14-2012

Nah it's not bad players, I prefer the team inexperienced. You learn things as you play ranked if you're serious. Things like commonly warded places, the importance of drag, and how to cs properly without being completely denied. The people who stop playing like they're in normals will climb out while the people who refuse to learn will be plunged down further.

AmbushWhite

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Man, down votes. Down votes everywhere.

Very little ranked experience here, yet a few things that I already know to be true.

-A: Yes, you deserve your Elo. I can almost guarantee that if you made a smurf, got up to 30 and had the same everything, you will end up around the same Elo you are at now.

-B: You have better chances at not getting a troll that the other team, thus every single game you have an advantage. Your team has 5 people. You are the only known variable, the only known non-troll. Thus you have 4 potential trolls on your team. The other team has 5 potential trolls on their team, because they have no known variable, IE they don't have you.

-C: You're not as good as you think you are. I know that when I'm doing well, I feel like I should be top of the NA servers. Then I play like **** the next game. And it reminds me I'm not as good as I think I am.
Dude you dont understand. I do believe some palyers are straight up bad but i've seen people who dont deserve to be there. today i played a ranked match and this guy told me straight up that at this elo calling you position doesn't mean s**t. he said that your elo is already screwed and that calling positions doesnt matter. The problem is that people that are really bad think theyre good and feed real hard. me and my friend witnessed that and we coudnt carry hard enough. The players we get matched up with are just really really bad. One palyer can ruin the whole team.

Ant Chung

07-15-2012

some people really dont deserve the elo they at. at the lower elo there is trolls every other game. people going 0/30 thinking its cool. they do it to make it hard for the actuall good people to get out. and im not saying im pro or anything and we ALL have bad games. but when you go 19/2 get 5 turrets and look and see all your teamates under 5 kills and above 10 deaths you going to say you deserve that elo your at? gtfooh

Fluffyknowsyou

07-15-2012

One person can't carry 5 people. You gotta do your best to cycle off kills to your less fortunate teammates.

Jonwight

07-15-2012

It doesnt exist, its a myth. I have seen two of my friends who are decent players play their first few games and move up to 1500 rating nd settle there. I personally started ranked as soon as i hit 30 so i dropped a lot initially. I am currently calmly playing my games and trying to move up.

Ømicron

07-15-2012

Have you noticed that every pro player's smurfs are at least gold-ranked, if not platinum? Is it a coincidence that they just happen to get good teams every time they hit level 30? I think not.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-15-2012

No, the pro players know how to abuse OP champs and lower elos by predicting what they'll do

AmbushWhite

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonwight View Post
It doesnt exist, its a myth. I have seen two of my friends who are decent players play their first few games and move up to 1500 rating nd settle there. I personally started ranked as soon as i hit 30 so i dropped a lot initially. I am currently calmly playing my games and trying to move up.
Ever been at -800 elo ? it sucks. trust me its not a myth.

123456 ... 11