Supports/adc combinations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

qwertymarch

07-14-2012

I play a lot of support, and due to this, end up in bot lane a lot. I'm wondering, which Support goes well with which adc?

These days I just ask "which support you want me to play"
I understand this works well, but I'm wondering for my own knowledge.

qwertymarch

07-14-2012

meh you guys are viewing it but not replying, all input is welcome :/

ProPlayerEd

07-14-2012

I believe Ezreal does well with Leona or any agressive Support to form a kill lane.

Ashe would be good with Soraka because Ashe wants to just farm up until the mid-late game where she will be at best.

powwder

07-14-2012

You want a support that supplements your carries strong points.

Some examples

nunu + kog. Blood boil and bio arcane barrage does wonders. Plus nunu has slow to help them stay in kogs longer aa range. Soraka wouldn't be as good for getting kills for kog but will keep him safer and let him farm more.

is if the carry is trist. You should pick a carry that can get her kills like taric, blitz, Leona. The support cc, trist jumps in and rapes face. Again speaks wouldn't help as much.

For soraka someone who spams spells would benefit. Sivir or mf both harass with spells and can run oom quick. Soraka also shines when the carry wants to get a farm lead AMD excels at baiting with her heals.

cradelzz

10-17-2012

Underworld twisted fate shall be mine

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Taric and Sona are both very good supports in general.

Some supports are paired better with specific champs or team comps. Like Leona wants a kill lane ADC

Porterfield

10-17-2012

I would say it depends on the playstyle of the ADC, plus what the skill set of the ADC champion builds towards.

Take Ezreal for example, If played as part of an aggressive kill lane then someone like Taric, or Leona will work wonders with their stuns. OR since Ezreal also has his incredible poke ability, Sona is a very good match. The poke from Sona's Q + autoattack, PLUS all of Ezreal's poke ability makes for very very good harass. The enemy carry will be very hard-pressed to get CS.

PracticalPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Aggressive ADCs and Supports will harass, will CC, will kill people. This can be risky, but it can also pay off in the form of kills.
Defensive ADCs and Supports will try to sustain the lane and get as much CS as possible and simply stall for time for the ADC to farm.

You want to pick supports and ADCs that are agreed upon what play will happen. You also want to pick champions that work together anyway through some synergy.

For example, Caitlyn is very good at harassing and her traps can area deny (else harass more). Blitzcrank is an aggressive kill support that will pull enemies and cc them while the carry attacks. Even better, Blitzcrank can pull, Cait trap, and cc longer. This is a pair that has a lot of synergy.

If you agree to go defensive, Ezreal can be chosen. He can be both defensive and offensive, using his Q to either farm or harass, while W helps him in duels. To keep him in the lane and Q'ing, Soraka is a fine pick. Her lane sustain is one of the best and she can sustain Ezreal's spells.

The support will generally determine what kind of lane it is. Leona, Taric, and Lulu are all aggressive supports. Defensive supports are supports like Soraka and (sometimes) Sona.

MisterRee

10-20-2012

Well there is basically three main types of bot lane comps, and sometimes it becomes a rough game of rock-paper-scissors.

Passive/Sustain Lane
Involve a carry that will attempt to farm throughout the laning phase, and a support that will help the carry stay in lane. The support should have heals and peels so that the carry will be safe in lane. These tend to counter Poke Lanes.
Examples like:
-Ashe(Item Dependent,needs lots of peels) + Alistar(Heals and CC peels)
-Ezreal(Capable of carrying hard) and Soraka (Heals, Mana Regen to keep him in lane)
-FiddleSticks is a strong passive support because his peels so incredibly strong and makes killing the ADC difficult.

Poke Lanes
Involves ADC and a support that favorably trades with the opposing lane to deny their ADC from farm by forcing them to go back often. Range is a big factor as larger ranges allow one side to attack while the other cannot respond unless they commit to an all out attack. Also strongest vs. Kill Lanes.
Examples like:
-Sivir(Q is strong poke) + Soraka(Mana Regen can fuel Sivir so she can spam Q)
-Ezreal(good range) + Lux (good range)
-Caitlyn already has long range, and support with steroids can really increase her poke damage (Nunu's Bloodboil, or Janna's AD shield comes to mind)
-There's always Nidalee spamming them spears...

Kill Lanes
A lane which focuses on intimidation and kill power to deny the other side a chance to farm safely. CC, Burst damage, and heal debuffs contribute to a big part of this lane. Good vs passive lanes.
Examples like:
-Blitzcrank(dem grabz) + Tristana or MF(Heal debuff, strong early AS steriod and Burst will result in kills!)
-Leona(CC Queen) + Corki(Armor Penetration and gap closer)
-Jarvan4 is a strong kill lane support against ADC without any jumps/blinks.

There are many supports that involve more than one aspect to these lanes, and they tend strong ultimates that balances a decentralized lane strength:
-Sona(built in heal and speed boost, but crazy poke dmg)
-Kayle(Weaker heal, but really strong lane presence with poke)
-Zyra(Has good poke, but also a lot of kill potensial)

There are also some supports that have stronger mid game timings than laning power
-There are also teamfight based supports, such as Yorwick and Galio, but they have bad laning phases and should play passive(besides light poking) to get into the midgame safely.
-Lulu's laning phase can be classified and as a weak poke lane, but her mid game grants the ADC extreamly powerful peels.

On the side note, some supports do better solo mid cuz they have scaling abilites that would help the ADC with bigger numbers:
-Janna(900hp shields sounds nice, doesnt it?)
-Karma(If you ever try, she is pretty bursty while providing lots of utility)

Invisibleally

10-20-2012

There are more than 40 champions. Be more specific.