Vlad top viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1nc0nc13vabl3

07-14-2012

so I was playing Vlad top against a singed. once i got a rod i was able to slow him enough to stay out of range. would he be able to 1v2 people at top well if the other team doesn't have a jungler? or will he just get rofl stomped on. or should i just get spell vamp quints?
also what type of runes do you guys use for him i was thinking magic pen reds, ap b level blues and health yellows (is percentage any good) with ap quints unless spell vamp works better

Orbitir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

1)Why call Rylai's a Rod?
2)He's great top
3) Debatable, depends on matchups and how well you play him
4)I use spell vamp, I just don't see the extra 40 health worth is when spellvamps are better from around level 4 onward (but I do see a ton of people using AP)

Mister BaZilean

07-14-2012

Not really good against 1v2 lanes, especially early. He needs to harass an opponent out of the lane and regen all his health in the process - once you add another person to the equation it becomes increasingly more difficult.

Asdioh

07-14-2012

You won't have to worry about 1v2s if the enemy team is smart. If they DO have 2 people in top lane, just play passive and farm under tower.
Vlad's certainly viable top. He's extremely annoying to try ganking because of his pool

1nc0nc13vabl3

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedSevnfold View Post
1)Why call Rylai's a Rod?
2)He's great top
3) Debatable, depends on matchups and how well you play him
4)I use spell vamp, I just don't see the extra 40 health worth is when spellvamps are better from around level 4 onward (but I do see a ton of people using AP)
1)cause I am to lazy to remember what it is called
2) after playin i agree
3) get tome and hp pot first item and you'll nuke em every time (play passively until level 4)
4) maybe a mix of spell vamp and ap? i spose it depends on who I'm facing is it a riven or a leblank

Gods pet turtle

07-14-2012

I've played as singed against vlad top... it was probably the worst time I have ever had in any lane thats the degree to which vlad beats singed

1nc0nc13vabl3

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
You won't have to worry about 1v2s if the enemy team is smart. If they DO have 2 people in top lane, just play passive and farm under tower.
Vlad's certainly viable top. He's extremely annoying to try ganking because of his pool
every time I play him solo top and think i should be mid so they call me a troll. -.- i tell them malphite is top so why would i play ad

1nc0nc13vabl3

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods pet turtle View Post
I've played as singed against vlad top... it was probably the worst time I have ever had in any lane thats the degree to which vlad beats singed
we took their inhib apart but they had a morgana and it hit the 40 min mark and we lost -.- i was 11/2/20