Draft queue times

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

As I sit in another 30+ minute waiting time for draft I wonder how many people have given up and just do Blind. According to the game 'average' wait time is 8 minutes.

Of course this creates a cycle where as more people give up the worse the problem gets. While I appreciate that draft games tend to have higher skilled players it's just not fun waiting longer to play then the game itself takes, and IP rewards don't take this into account either.

Face Chomp

07-14-2012

I have given up a d only play blind pick

FDru

07-14-2012

Draft queue times a problem for several reasons

1. No dodge penalty - This inherently causes queue times to be longer than advertised, and indirectly increases queue times by driving players away from the mode.

2. Small Dominion playerbase - Less people in queue means matchmaking has a harder time making fairly matched teams.

3. Elo shared between blind pick and draft - If draft had its own elo, the elo spread would be smaller and matchmaking would not have to wait so long to create teams.

I'd suggest forgetting about draft because 90% of the competitive community either does blind or customs these days, because at the higher end of the elo spread, draft queue times are not even close to reasonable (2+ hours at times).

Samwell Tarly

07-14-2012

40min Draft queues = I'm stuck playing Blind, with tools picking teams of Yorick, Darius, Jax, Irelia, etc.

XploRock

07-15-2012

I had the same problem so I went back to blind, when I played draft it was more fun though.

BROSEPHIROTH

07-15-2012

Draft needs a small IP bonus for queuing into the mode.

IronAegis

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Chomp View Post
I have given up and only play blind pick
Yes.

Noetherian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Draft queue times a problem for several reasons

1. No dodge penalty - This inherently causes queue times to be longer than advertised, and indirectly increases queue times by driving players away from the mode.

2. Small Dominion playerbase - Less people in queue means matchmaking has a harder time making fairly matched teams.

3. Elo shared between blind pick and draft - If draft had its own elo, the elo spread would be smaller and matchmaking would not have to wait so long to create teams.

I'd suggest forgetting about draft because 90% of the competitive community either does blind or customs these days, because at the higher end of the elo spread, draft queue times are not even close to reasonable (2+ hours at times).
I completely agree. I think 1 is the easiest to fix and I'm not sure why Riot hasn't fixed it yet.

Mango027

07-20-2012

I would rather play draft dominion, i prefer draft SR over blind as well, but in dominion I could play 1 or 2 games in the time that I am waiting to play one. This is why I dont play draft.

SwordsDancer

Recruiter

07-21-2012

I actually feel most sorry for the composer of the draft Dominion music

no-one ever hears it and it's great