Brazilian voices

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

just4dlulz

07-14-2012

Well, we, Brazil, don't have any forum yet, so in the need to talk about a issue that is bodering me - and most of the brazilian community - with the brazilians voices in League of Legends.

The simple translation from the english voices to portuguese is just ridiculous and that is not just my opnion, but from the most part of the community, the brazilian community also know that the dubbing, recording and translating isn't easy and that's why a lot of brazilian players don't complain about the dubbing, because they know how hard it was, but not complaining is just make yourself comfortable with an annoying situation.

It would be much appreciated if the brazilian server have new lines for the champions (yes, a Mordekaiser joke with huehue), because the current translation it's just silly, seeming like a cartoonish, childish game for brazilian people, I even have a friend saying he think he will not play in the brazilian server because of the voices. I appreciate very very very much the awesome work that Riot is doing, bringing eSports to Brazil, so that is why I bring this manifesto just for, maybe, someone in Riot know that the brazilian players in League of Legends ain't happy with the current situation.

Leaving this minor issue I can't wait for LoL come to Brazil.
Keep up the great work, Riot.

Graciously
From a friendly summoner.

Desocupado

07-15-2012

Just out of curiosity, do we have to use portuguese voices to play in Brazilian Client?

CinderNova

07-16-2012

Well i think the voices are amazing. Thats just your opinion, op.

Millicent484

07-16-2012

My only question is why they didn't add the effects on voices on some champions, like Kassadin or Sona. A better job could be made with Orianna too, I mean, glados humor is undoubtedly there, but the effect make her sound more like the google translator girl. Why?? t.t

Shäka

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millicent484 View Post
My only question is why they didn't add the effects on voices on some champions, like Kassadin or Sona. A better job could be made with Orianna too, I mean, glados humor is undoubtedly there, but the effect make her sound more like the google translator girl. Why?? t.t
Becouse this is a beta test and nothing is set yet definitely, obviously...

AxempressGravity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

I have some complains...
I know it's beta, so it's propbably gonna change, and I really hope so, but... 'Bem vindo aos Summoner's rift' and other terms still used in englisg as 'double kill' etc... It bothers me a bit, because it doesn't really makes sense. It doesn't really affect me, because I understand english and I am very used to these terms since I've been playing in the NA server for ages (in fact, it affects me in another way - I lol hard, it's hilarious), but it makes the game not much 'user-friendly' for new brazilian players.

Also, which is the real reason I've been looking for a place to write feedback: Nunu bot (the skin) hasn't been translated.

Serpellone

07-24-2012

Overall, I thought that the champions` voices were very good and kept the feeling of the original dubs.
At least some that I have played with (Gangplank, Leona, Wukong, Amumu, Caitlyn, Galio, Nocturne) brought back nice memories from the cartoon voices that I heard on my childhood.

Otherwise, some weren`t really good (Ahri, Kennen, Nautilus, Annie who has the same voice as frigging Felicia from Pink and Brain, I hate her! hahaha)

And the announcer... Gosh, if there`s something you need to change it`s the announcer`s voice...

@just4dlulz : I don`t think you speak for the whole community. In my opinion, keeping the lines were a very important factor for them to sound "similar" to their US counterparts. Most of them kept the feeling of the characters.
I agree that some were too cartoonish (specially because they probably hired the same company/ies that dubbed the cartoons we used to watch as kids), but well... some champions ARE cartoonish indeed -- see yordles haha.

@AxempressGravity I must disagree... Some words/expressions simply don`t have a good portuguese counterpart. For example, I think that even the term "Summoner" should have been kept the same, "Invocadores" quite doesn`t have the same appeal.

As well as the technical statuses: AD, AP, Lifesteal, Spellvamp. They are not only weird but are inconsistently translated over the screens -- I have seen AP translated as " Habilidade de Poder" and "Poder de Habilidades" , this is confusing, they should have kept the english terms.

Also, gamers are more used to terms like "Double kill" , "Penta Kill" , "First blood"... Imagine if she would have to say "Dupla morte" , "Penta morte"... awkward...

__ TL;DR __
Champs are great dubbed overall.
Texts need some reworking to keep consistency and keep gamers more familiarized with the terms.