Point of legacy skins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaDeathDragon

07-14-2012

Why do u take skins away? Does that not hurt sales? i mean there r a ton of skins i would buy but their legacy? IS there a reason for this? it cant be u dont have enough room! Otherwise i recomend u get more!

Parthonaxx

07-14-2012

They probably do it because nobody is buying the skin anymore, and they want people to buy it before they can't anymore, and so people do.

Iohn

07-14-2012

Also, think about owning a prospective legacy skin! No one who's joined after the skin became legacy will have it, and anyone who didn't think to buy it will miss out! Personally, I think it's cool

GoingTight

07-14-2012

I think it sucks that I can't get urfww, mideval twitch or king rammus anymore but I don't think this was a bad choice. I think it adds incentive to buy the skins you like, (go back in time and play the beta), and most importantly makes you feeling unquie.. which from what I understand is the point of buying the skins in the first place. Not everyone has the ones that everyone can still buy.

Khornes Avatar

07-14-2012

True, but what happens when you buy the skin you like, and then they remake it. Look at akali, her nurse and bloodmoon skin were changed. I didn't pay for skins only for them to say, "Hey! let's **** some people over and change the skins just because we can!"

GoingTight

07-14-2012

Watch the patch previews. No one will understand what Riot is thinking when they make some of these changes.

TeknoWizard

07-14-2012

Proud owner of the legacy Shamrock Malphite skin!

But as someone said, they remove them because no one is buying them anymore, or maybe because they feel that they're outdated, and look obsolete compared to newer skins.

ZAVALOL

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iohn View Post
Also, think about owning a prospective legacy skin! No one who's joined after the skin became legacy will have it, and anyone who didn't think to buy it will miss out! Personally, I think it's cool
it is not cool if ppl cant buy those skins anymore...I joined LoL very late and there are MANY skins I cant even buy even if I wanted to. Dnt be an ass about tis.

Vizzlepeez

08-19-2012

Its clearly a marketing ploy

Danish Vikingz

08-20-2012

Well as someone said, it is to make the skins unique to those who got them. I would love for some of my skins going legacy, so they give would that extra "prestige".