I need to improve at getting CS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onguàrd

07-13-2012

Any guides, etc. that may help? I get the general gist of it but it seems like no matter what I do I still end up with 30-40% less CS than really good players get, which is thousands of lost gold per game.

fiendlord

07-13-2012

Watch the projectiles your minions are throwing, rather than the enemy creep life bars. It works wonders.

Fiskerton

07-13-2012

practice in a custom game

the best way to CS is to know your damage. play enough that you can instinctively know whether or not you can kill something in one auto

if all else fails, get ad runes

Iyer

07-13-2012

Basically don't auto attack the minions at all, let your minions do the work and only attack minions that are really low, you also need to get used to how much damage a character does with his/her auto attack, Ex. Ashe does way less than Caitlyn does with her auto attack so you have to wait longer to attack. If the enemy is harassing you and you are having a hard time ask for a gank, if you don't have a jungler get armor/MR, usually getting your dmg high enough ensures that you get the last hit

Raivix

07-13-2012

1. Start a custom game with just you.
2. Go to a lane
3. Last hit for 3 hours
4. Take a piss
5. Last hit for another 3 hours
6. Repeat until you can last hit properly.

Bonus points for not buying any ad items to make it easier.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

You need to practice.

3DKinematics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Here is a video of it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=***********

Little Boy Nate

07-13-2012

Watching your minions attacking and the caster balls helped me a lot, you just need to catch the rhythm of the minion damage. The faster you catch on to each wave rhythm the easier it will be to cs. Also figure out how fast your auto attack animation is as well as the projectile. It is dramatically different between an Anivia auto attack animation and a Caitlyn auto attack.

AD runes will help as well as some points in the butcher mastery for more damage to minions if you are really struggling.

Helen Keller

07-13-2012

hit the minions when their health is really really low and you will get the kill on them, repeat ~150 times in lane and viola

Kralael

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiendlord View Post
Watch the projectiles your minions are throwing, rather than the enemy creep life bars. It works wonders.
This!

Can't upvote enough. Its absolutely a key component to master last-hitting. What you also wanna practice is being able to foretell how much damage you need to input to get the minion kill, so you don't attack too soon or too late.

Also, keep in mind that, at your tower, its:

Melee minion : 2 tower shot, 1 AA.
Caster minion : 1 AA, 1 tower shot, 1 AA.

What you can do, while it burst down the Mega minion, is already do 1 AA on the caster minions, so you can just last hit them after the tower does its shot. But as fiendlord said, time your attacks just before one of your minion projectile kills it. Works wonder.

Edit: Also practice in Coop vs AI, because it let you handle a ''kinda-real'' situation facing an opponent without implying a possible lost for your team because you're focusing on CSing. Good luck in your journey! It helped myself a lot, I went from 80cs/40mins to about 430 CS/40mins. Its more than 4x ! Just keep in mind you can take jungle creeps too ! :P