Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

07-12-2012

Why is it that lately so many people seem to be anti-backdooring?

I mean, if ganks are cool and an expected part of playing well, how is backdooring really all that different?

I don't know. I guess I just don't get it. If it comes down to the point in the match in which you have characters built enough to tank a turret, yet all that's happening is one stalemate teamfight in mid after another, why are people so against backdooring a turret?

The point of the game is to kill the nexus.

The point of the game is not to win teamfights or have the highest creepscore or the best minion pushing skills or to score the most aces. All these things help kill the nexus. But they don't actually directly do any damage to the nexus. So why is it that some summoners feel that if we bypass and ignore the minion wave, take a tank and a carry to a turret and "backdoor" it, that we're somehow playing unfairly? I just don't understand the anti-backdoor sentiment that's going around the community.

Heck, I've had players ON MY TEAM refuse to help backdoor and proceed to go AFK for the rest of the match (which we won) because I had suggested we backdoor their inhibitor turret.

Alexkarino

07-12-2012

Backdooring is shunned upon because its kind of like trolling in a way. You win a big team fight in middle that decides the game and you're rushing up the stairs of the base to win the game with both side nexus turrets down than all of a sudden you lose because of an annoying Yi player with teleport/revive.

SunDipFunny

07-12-2012

By wards? When you win a team fight go for objectives if your team is far ahead or push the win. If you're losing you should probably try to push the lanes out as fast as possible and set up for the next objectives. Backdooring is only for some champs... One example is TF. Normally if you're afraid of being backdoored send on of your damage dealers back at base.

X plicit 1

07-12-2012

is only a game. why you hef to be mad?

Le Kingu

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDipFunny View Post
By wards? When you win a team fight go for objectives if your team is far ahead or push the win. If you're losing you should probably try to push the lanes out as fast as possible and set up for the next objectives. Backdooring is only for some champs... One example is TF. Normally if you're afraid of being backdoored send on of your damage dealers back at base.
Or Fiora. Or GP. Or MF. Or Varus. Or my personal achievement, Twich. That one was boss.

If not a single one of your 5 teammates is smart enough to see Yi alive and all turrets down and think, "gee, he's obviously gonna bd, I better get back to base," than frankly that win you're about to get is not deserved, considering the "team fight" you just had was at best 5 v 4 with the sly little Yi sitting it out and waiting for your team to keep being dumber than rocks and pushing.

This is not a game about who can get more kills or who can win more team fights. You should know better. Don't like other players doing actual SMART things, go play a slasher or something.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-13-2012

Back dooring is a gamble,but it's a fun one which can lead to a crushing defeat for the backdoorer or the humiliating defeat for the backdoored team.

Kreyni

07-13-2012

Backdooring is generally shunned upon because it takes away the "team" aspect of the game. Lux (Me) and Annie were just sitting at our base when Yi respawned, so if he came (Already backdoored our two Nexus turrets) I could DFG+snare+laser him while Annie bursted him down. This made our team have to 3v4, but we won though. At the end, the Yi said something like "All you can do is stay in your base", concluding my point that most backdoorers are annoying and ruin the fun for everyone.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Backdooring is a 1/4 odds of working. In any team comp that has one person that has map awareness, and another who is a team player, those guys are going to go pick off that character, and you will end up in a 4v5 team fight. Or if you dedicate 2, a 5v3.

Sure, it works sometimes. Though, if it doesn't work you just fed your opponent and gave them a free teamfight or tower as well. If you are going to backdoor I suggest you take Teleport and ward well. Or be Shen.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
Backdooring is a 1/4 odds of working. In any team comp that has one person that has map awareness, and another who is a team player, those guys are going to go pick off that character, and you will end up in a 4v5 team fight. Or if you dedicate 2, a 5v3.

Sure, it works sometimes. Though, if it doesn't work you just fed your opponent and gave them a free teamfight or tower as well. If you are going to backdoor I suggest you take Teleport and ward well. Or be Shen.
I'd love to see how you came up with the number of 1/4 success rate.

Sephïroth

07-13-2012

Its probably worse, I was giving out a general number. I have no fact basis behind that, but if I went over/under I'd go under and win every bet.

Backdooring against any good team just gets you killed. Ifnot, your entire team killed and you trade towers.

Sorry if me giving broad generalizations offended you.