How to Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ouroborous HD

07-13-2012

there is no easy person to play just play who you know you are best with

XCodes

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSpikeX View Post
So all this arguing is fine and good. But i still would like an easy top lane champion to play please
Tryndamere is a strong top lane carry. Don't know if he's easy or not. It probably takes some practice to get down when to cast his R. Fiora is probably harder to play than Tryndamere, but she just got buffs so it may be worth looking into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkzero1 View Post
omg dude read more carefully. never in any post did i say the tank is top. nor did i ever say that top is supposed to begin the initiate. all i said is top is supposed to HELP with the initiate and then faceroll those who go for their RANGED AD CARRY
So what about people who play Kennen top? Tryndamere? Vladimir?

Your problem is that you're associating lane position with what someone does in teamfights, which is absolutely not the case at all. For example, if you wanted to be an AP Carry, then there are completely viable strategies for the following champs to fulfill that role that actually start in the following lanes:

Top: Kennen, Rumble, Vladimir, Mordekaiser, Akali
Jungle: Fiddlesticks definitely, lots of (IMO) semi-gimmicky counterpicks, too.
Mid: Lots.

Lots of variety there for where your APC is coming from. Want more, then look at where bruisers can come from:

Top: Lots.
Jungle: Lee Sin, Shyvanna, Mundo
Mid: Swain, Fizz, Rumble, Ryze
Bot: Leona, Blitzcrank (if not going full tank), Urgot (instead of an ADC)

Even though these people are in different lanes, their job when the fighting starts is the same: Carries find high-value targets and blow them up. Bruisers use CC and damage to lock down the enemy carries. Tanks peel the previously-mentioned roles off of friendly carries. Supports make either their teammates' jobs easier, or make the opposing players' jobs harder, depending on which support we're talking about.

Ouroborous HD

07-13-2012

you do realize you just posted a longer version of most of what i said right

XSpikeX

07-13-2012

bump

XCodes

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkzero1 View Post
you do realize you just posted a longer version of most of what i said right
Actually, I didn't. You're generalizing what "top lane" does in teamfights. Where you lane has absolutely nothing at all to do with what you do in teamfights.

Kvoth3

07-14-2012

Jax is a fine top lane. Just change your build each game depending on your opposition, and don't expect to carry every/many games.

TimClarke

07-15-2012

I'd recommend you try out Gragas. He's got really good sustain, the ability to get nice, safe farm and the potential to build as either APC or AP Bruiser.

Loup Noir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

@XSpikeX- try Shyvana. She is fun and easy to learn. Trynd is too cliche. Unless you like that. Might also try an assassin like Talon.

Loup Noir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

@TimClarke- ummmm Gragas is AP... lol He wants AD top.

THE McSqueeze

07-15-2012

I'm going to share with you my experience of top lanes that can carry, or I have carried with that aren't incredibly hard to learn but may have a high skill cap.

A really good example would be tryndamere. Until the upper level 20's he is really good to play with as he does such insane damage autoattacking later in the game. However in ranked, he is a lot harder to play as people typically learn to counter his other-wise wicked strength.

One I like to play that isn't too hard to learn and does good damage and is very much viable in ranked in my opinion is Wukong.

Other notable top-laners: Singed (AP, I know he wants AD , Darius (still kind of considered a little op, but some people are learning to handle him.), Renekton, Sion, or my three other favorites next to Wukong - Pantheon, Shen, and Olaf.

I hope I helped man!