[Item Concept] Elder Robes of the Grand Magi

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxKarma

Senior Member

07-13-2012

>
>
>

Elder Robes of the Grand Magi - Lendary item

Builds from:

Wizard's Robes + Cloak of Agility + Blasting Wand + Mana Manipulator

Wizard's Robes Builds from:

Cloth Armor + Amplifying Tome + Null-Magic Mantle

Wizard's Robes
Stats:

20 Armor
25 Magic Resist
20 AP

Elder Robes of the Grand Magi Stats:

23 Armor
28 Magic Resistance
70 AP
Unique Passive: On ability use you have a 17% chance to deal an additional 12% of the damage dealt as magic damage. (can occur per tick and per target for damage over time spells. Same chance applies to AOE spells Per target)
Unique Passive: If your offensive spells hit a champion you are refunded 10% of its Mana cost (can only occur once per cost of mana for damage over time spells, AoE spells and any spell that hits multiple targets)

Edited 8/22/2012
for clarity by Creator


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-13-2012

Spell crits, mana sustain on spells, oh and it has defensive stats too.

That's only overpowered in a number of ways that I'm not really willing to elaborate on at this moment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxKarma

Senior Member

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Spell crits, mana sustain on spells, oh and it has defensive stats too.

That's only overpowered in a number of ways that I'm not really willing to elaborate on at this moment.
First off its not a crit its additional damage. A crit is 100% additional damage to an auto attack. This is only 20% max chance to deal 10% additional damage.
The sustain only works if you hit a champion with an ability so its not every spell. AND its only 15%. Most spells only cost say 80 mana? Thats 12 mana return IF you hit the target CHAMPION and then its limited to spells that target opponents and is only applied when the spell is cast AKA has a cooldown based on each spell. Skill shots and area of effects must hit the champion or it doesnt apply. Hardly OP in so many ways.

Meet trinity force, lichbane and madrids blood razor and athene's unholy grail. Apparently you don't really play too much. So please explain how a 20% chance of 10% damage is so op to say 100% more ap to attacks every 2 seconds is not also op? Trinity Force adds nearly every stat and 150% of your AD to your next attack every two seconds... Wriggle's Lantern adds damage, defense, life steal is a ward and deals massive damage to minions...

You're not willing to go into it because you didn't think before you posted is all. When you can make a valid post explaining your reasoning please come back and I will look into it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

Senior Member

07-13-2012

A critical hit is a chance to incur an extra effect, usually damage. The chance depends upon a random number or a pre-defined condition.

Having a chance to do more spell damage is a critical effect. Just like Anivia dealing double damage on her E when the target is slowed is a critical effect. Darius' ultimate is technically a critical effect based upon bleed effects.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-18-2012

can't tell if OP without cost....although the second unique passive needs to be reworded so that anivia's ult in a teamfight isn't free.15%x5=75% of cost refunded...which can be covered through mana regen easily...it's just way too strong with AoE spells atm.

also karthus's deathfield never drops, Champs with a health cost can almost get more health back than they put in if they get a spirit ward as well...etc. AoE spells should only occur once.

and I need a price on that before I know if it's OP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxKarma

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
A critical hit is a chance to incur an extra effect, usually damage. The chance depends upon a random number or a pre-defined condition.

Having a chance to do more spell damage is a critical effect. Just like Anivia dealing double damage on her E when the target is slowed is a critical effect. Darius' ultimate is technically a critical effect based upon bleed effects.
No a critical effect is the cange to deal extra damage (usually double damage) not an extra effect. An extra effect is called a proc. Your terminology is off.

While this might seem like a "crit" it is not. It is a proc chance to incur extra damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxKarma

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Armor0 View Post
can't tell if OP without cost....although the second unique passive needs to be reworded so that anivia's ult in a teamfight isn't free.15%x5=75% of cost refunded...which can be covered through mana regen easily...it's just way too strong with AoE spells atm.

also karthus's deathfield never drops, Champs with a health cost can almost get more health back than they put in if they get a spirit ward as well...etc. AoE spells should only occur once.

and I need a price on that before I know if it's OP
The cost would be like 4000 or similar to other items of its nature. I didn't include a price because if it was used at all the designers can decide that.

And life damaging spells are harmless to begin with as life steal or spell vamp can do that on their own. Those effects never made that much difference. Vladimir for example can get refunded the cost of his life cost spells with a simple Q. I thought it out before I made this, it wasnt a spur of the moment idea. It was throughly thought out.

If you mean Spirit Visage then that has always been possible. It has never been a cost problem for items of the such but if you pay 25% of your life to cast a spell and you have 2000 hp thats 500 HP. You would have to deal 1000 damage with 50% life steal/spell vamp to make it free. Having 100% of either would do the same. It's not any more OP than any other legendary item in the game currently. (Edited Item to remove this part entirely as well as lowered the refund since it seemed to be too OP - when it's not)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarKillir View Post
No a critical effect is the cange to deal extra damage (usually double damage) not an extra effect. An extra effect is called a proc. Your terminology is off.

While this might seem like a "crit" it is not. It is a proc chance to incur extra damage.
Yes, this is a spell crit. Just because it's not +100% damage does not mean it's not a spell crit. Just like Madred's Razors is a chance for a minion crit. A crit is a proc chance to deal extra damage. Whether that extra damage is a flat or % value, and the value itself, is a moot point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginOfDeath

Senior Member

08-23-2012

DotA 2 Robe of the Magi
LoL Elder Robes of the Grand Magi

Nah there's no similarities there.
Why not just call the Wizard's Robes Robe Of The Magi?

Btw, not trying to sound like a complete ****** from this post, just sayin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuffy Kisaragi

Senior Member

08-23-2012

not worth buying

stats aren't bad, 1st passive gives a whole 1.7% increase in damage, 2nd gives you 10% less mana used, which is weak. You get almost as much total damage from the havoc mastery.


12