Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What about Koptis?

No! Major Problems! where?? 1 7.14%
Yes! Minor Problems...where? 3 21.43%
Yes plese! 9 64.29%
No thanks! 1 7.14%
Voters 14 .

[Champion Concept] Koptis - The Slicing Fortress 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Tomita

07-13-2012

Quote:
Lore

Apart from wars and conflicts between the capital cities, isolated tribes for ages by the great desert and wastelands, which have never before been explored, since the beginning of time were two tribes coexisted, they are competing for access to the territory of a river that fueled their lives.
These tribes were Marthek and Illiacos, outnumbered but imbued with better knowledge of forging steel, the Illiacos took advantage over the more numerous but uneducated Marthek,wich always prized more the faith in their gods. Among Marthek's, one soldier distinguished from the others, his name is Koptis, taller and lighter-skinned than all his tribe, he has always been excluded and mistreated. But contradicting everything and everyone joined in the "army" of his tribe as soon he can swing a sword.
Rejected for being so strange, his companions left him alone so that Illiacos reached the battlefield to kill that aberration, but something surprised them, Koptis in front of a full battalion of Illiacos armed to the teeth, gave no ground, not retreat , did not even hesitate when a huge volley was thrown at him, alone in the battlefield, Koptis closed his eyes and prayed to his gods, then, something unexpected happened a wind wall formed in front of you and all the arrows that would hit him have missed. A storm began to form at this very moment, frightened by the incident but a certain of a easy victory a small group of Illiacos advanced furiously to kill that so strange man, behold, the ground begins to tramble, balanced by the earthquake they fall to the ground, when he open his eyes, Koptis finds himself surrounded by Illiacos and decides, "If I die, that is defending those who hate me but I call family."
When attacked, Koptis found himself protected by blocks of rock that left the ground to block enemy attacks, with each blow Koptis felt increasingly stronger and more confident until he started hearing voices in his head that said things like: "Our son became a strong man, like his father! "and a hoarse and severe voice answered " HAHAHAHA! But he has your fury and beauty my dear! "
Shaken by the event, but he can not distract from the fight, Koptis remained firm and remained in combat for 3 days uninterrupted, completely exhausted and terrified by the Marthek demon, the commander of the battle Illiaco was forced to retreat, because every sword-stroke Koptis grew stronger.
when Illiacos finally withdrew Koptis found himself surrounded by bodies of enemies, with some injuries that did not even know have received and thoroughly exhausted, falls to the ground. While fainted, he dreamed with a beautiful mystical figure approaches him and says "Go child, take my blessings and your father's too, take it, and uses to protect them, your world will need you more than you or anyone will ever know. "
Koptis awakens surrounded by several hooded men and soon they make him an offer that he will not refuse.

Credits to this skin to Ronin-Ink (http://ronin-ink.deviantart.com/) 650802

Credits to this skin to Darkdux (http://darkdux.deviantart.com/) 579855...for those who knows who he is...

Innate: Hold Still- After few seconds in place (didnt walk) Koptis gain charges of Attack Damage up to a cap. This stats grows at levels 6, 11, 16. The Attack Damage buff last for the next 4 basic attacks.

Time Still: 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 and 2 seconds after this time.
AD bonus: 5, 10, 15, 20 (X3)
AS Decreased: 30, 40, 50%
ex: at level 1 he stay still for 2.5 seconds he gain one charge (5 AD), after that he gains 2 more charges one for every second. In a total of 15 AD bonus at level 1.
ex: at level 16, for every 1 second still he will gain a charge of 20 AD bonus. In a total of 60 AD

Q: Cutting the Wind- After 1 seconds casting Koptis swings his sword in front of him damaging the enemies in a line knocking them up for 1 second, additionally slowing them upon landing for 3 seconds.

Damage: 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 (+1.75 AD) Magic Damage
Slow: 30, 35, 40, 45, 50%
Range: 400, 500, 600, 700, 800
Mana Cost: 50, 63, 75, 88, 100
Cooldown:12 seconds

W: Head Shock-Koptis give a headbutt in melee range to an enemy. Head Shock stuns enemy for a time and deal damage.

Stun Duration: 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.5 seconds
Range: 125 units
Damage: 50, 55, 65, 85, 125 (+1.0 AD) Physical Damage
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 10, 11.25, 12.5, 13.75, 15 seconds

E: Decapitate- Koptis next attack will deal splash damage and enemies with health lower than 30% takes damage overtime for a short duration. The cooldown of this ability is reduced by 0,5 second each time a nearby enemy unit dies. (like Tiamat).

Damage: 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 (+1.0 Bonus AD) Physical Damage
Overtime Damage: 60, 90, 120, 150, 180 (+1.5 Total AD) over 3 seconds as Magical Damage
Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 7 seconds

R: Unfailing (ultimate)- When cast, Koptis get fixed on the ground pulling all enemy champions in 500 AOE at meele range and his passive AD is doubled and gaining Armor and Magic Resist for a short time. During the time Koptis cant be moved by ANY effect. Unfailing lasts 5 seconds in all levels.

Armor and Magic Resist bonus: 60, 100, 140
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 10, 15, 20 seconds

ex: Allistar skills, Singed, Tristana ..can't move him..but he receive damage normally.
ex: Urgot's ult will bring Urgot near Koptis.

Quote:
Base Stats

Health: 550 (+50) = 1450
Health Regen: 7 (+0.7) = 19.6
Attack Damage: 35 (+3) = 89
Attack Speed: 0.5 (+5%) = 0.95
Mana: 250 (+20) = 610
Mana Regen: 7 (+0.7) = 19.6
Armor: 30 (+2) = 66
Magic Res: 30 (+1) = 48
Range: 215 melee
Move Speed: 340

Quote:
Stats
Health: 7/10
Damage: 9/10
Spell: 4/10
Dificulty:9/10

Quote:
Quotes

Upon Selection: Are you sure summoner?
Walking/Attacking:
"HUMING a tranquilizing song"
I am on the move.
If you say so.
Alrigth.
"um hum"
"YAWN"
Want a little breeze?
Time to make some widows
So fast?
Joke:
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty!!!
Taunt:
I wont go after them!! Let them come after me!
Dont make me go there! You'll regret if i do!

Leo Tomita Index Page (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2283882&highlight=leo)

Esplin6296

07-13-2012

Hmm i made a dude who is kinda like wind a long time back http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2026732&highlight=xeke+the+air+bladesman

Leo Tomita

07-20-2012

added his artwork!

Leo Tomita

08-02-2012

add Q slow correctly

Iminonai

08-24-2012

Alright Leo, I'm following through with one champion review each day over the weekend, so one today, one tomorrow, and one Sunday. Let's get started:

Quote:
Innate: Hold Still- After few seconds in place (didnt walk) Koptis gain charges of Attack Damage up to a cap. This stats grows at levels 6, 11, 16. The Attack Damage buff last for the next 3,4,5 basic attacks.

Time Still: 3, 2, 1 and 2 seconds after this time.
AD bonus: 5, 15, 20 (X3)
AS Decreased: 30, 40, 50%
ex: at level 1 he stay still for 3 seconds he gain one charge (5 AD), after that he gains 2 more charges one for every second. In a total of 15 AD bonus at level 1.
ex: at level 16, for every 1 second still he will gain a charge of 20 AD bonus. In a total of 60 AD

A very nice skill. The bonus AD isn't too much, and is used sparingly. I think a great innovation for it would be to make it apply to his abilities, instead of just his basic attacks. This would make him much more threatening, but not enough where he becomes Darius with 90% AR pen. (>.&gt

Quote:
W: Unfailing- When cast, Koptis get fixed on the ground pulling all enemy champions in 500 AOE at meele range and his passive AD is doubled and gaining Armor and Magic Resist for a short time. During the time or until recast Koptis cant be moved by ANY effect. Unfailing lasts 5 seconds in all levels.

Armor and Magic Resist bonus: 20, 50, 80, 110, 140
Mana Cost: 50, 63, 75, 88, 100
Cooldown: 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12 seconds

This skill. I love it. It's basically Olaf's ult meets Jax's ult and throws in Diana's CC. It works very well for him and his abilities. But there is one problem, I have with it. Can Koptis move himself, or is he completely immobile? This presents a problem unless he has someone like Alistar on his team to KEEP the people in melee range. Other than that, very, very nice ability.

Quote:
E: Decapitate- Koptis next attack will deal splash damage.The cooldown of this ability is reduced by 0,5 second each time a nearby enemy unit dies. (like Tiamat).

Damage:20, 40, 60, 80, 100 (+1.0 AD) Physical Damage
Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 7 seconds

The cooldown on this needs to be reduced per level, if you want Koptis to do any damage in a fight. There won't always be minions close enough for the .5 seconds to reduce it. try adjusting the cooldown to 10/8/7/6/5 seconds. I like the Tiamat bonus. : D

Quote:
R: Head Shock (ultimate)-Koptis give a headbutt in melee range to an enemy. Head Shock stuns enemy for a time and deal damage.

Stun Duration:1.5, 2, 2.5 seconds
Damage: 50(+1.0 AD), 100 (+1.5 AD), 150 (+2.0 AD) Physical Damage
Mana Cost:200, 225, 250
Cooldown:10, 12.5, 15

Wow, with all of these other great abilities in his kit, this ultimate seems a bit lackluster. It fits, but for God's sake, this is Koptis' ULTIMATE ABILITY!! And you give him a head bash. Shame on you Leo. Koptis is a total badass and everything, but a HEAD BASH WHEN HE HAS 2 EPIC SWORDS ON HIS BACK/IN HIS HANDS? You crazy bro. Ult needs a serious remake!

Overall:

I like Koptis, but he has some issues, I have specified above. Be sure to review my champions when you can!

Regards,

Chiir0n (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2220785)

Leo Tomita

08-25-2012

you forget to analize the Q skill...but no probs!!

Quote:
This skill. I love it. It's basically Olaf's ult meets Jax's ult and throws in Diana's CC. It works very well for him and his abilities. But there is one problem, I have with it. Can Koptis move himself, or is he completely immobile? This presents a problem unless he has someone like Alistar on his team to KEEP the people in melee range. Other than that, very, very nice ability.

yes Koptis CAN move! but CANT be moved

Quote:
The cooldown on this needs to be reduced per level, if you want Koptis to do any damage in a fight. There won't always be minions close enough for the .5 seconds to reduce it. try adjusting the cooldown to 10/8/7/6/5 seconds. I like the Tiamat bonus. : D
my first idea was that but i was thinking with CD reduc (blue buff) + killing minions= too easy spam ability...remembering ...he has 100% AD as bonus damage on decapitate...

Quote:
Wow, with all of these other great abilities in his kit, this ultimate seems a bit lackluster. It fits, but for God's sake, this is Koptis' ULTIMATE ABILITY!! And you give him a head bash. Shame on you Leo. Koptis is a total badass and everything, but a HEAD BASH WHEN HE HAS 2 EPIC SWORDS ON HIS BACK/IN HIS HANDS? You crazy bro. Ult needs a serious remake!

oh no he have only 1 sword...the draw shows "Tryndamere's sword" in the bottom of the draw...Koptis sword is the bigger/thinner sword...my idea for why he headbutt other people is because in the heat of the battle not always he will be able to swings his sword to every enemy, so sometimes he needs to attack with whatever he had in "hands" forehead in this case

Fuyuto

08-29-2012

This champion is nice, it feels like a good mix of some champions with some different ideas.
I did not read the Lore because I feel that it was rather long for a Lore.
For his passive, I think it stacks too quickly for that amount of attack damage. Either increase the time for stacks by maybe 2 seconds each level or decrease the amount of attack damage a little bit.
The ability cutting the wind is nice, I do not think you need to mention that it is a 1 second knock up, since (I feel this way at least) that knock-ups in the game are all the same time about, this feels a bit like Cho'Gath's rupture, except that it is a line. Though I do think the AD ratio is a bit high, maybe lower it a little bit.
With unfailing, this ability is quite nice, and seems like a good combination of abilities, I do think that a 140 armor and magic resist bonus is too high for a bruiser type. Maybe bring it down to about 70? This kind of boost is more suitable for a bruiser.
Decapitate is quite balanced and nice, the little extra cooldown for enemy unit death helps with it. You should indicate how close an enemy unit has to be, and also how large the area of the splash is, also maybe a slightly higher cooldown depending on how close the enemy unit has to be.
Headshock is a nice ultimate, seems quite unethical to a swordsman kind of person (lol). I do have a couple of problems, a 2.5 second stun is a bit long I think, I think a cap of 2 seconds would be more suitable. The damage with it's ratio is quite suitable I think, but the cooldown feels too short, I think about a 30 - 40 second cooldown is more suitable.
Well I like his abilities, though I am unsure about him using a sword and his name (the slicing fortress part).
Good luck with this champion.
By the way, this is my champion if you do not mind reviewing it.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2485114

Leo Tomita

09-16-2012

bumpe

Leo Tomita

10-13-2012

better balance on Innate

Mytharionas

11-21-2012

Lore:
Alrighty, I gave the lore a look and i've gotta admit, Koptis is a pretty interesting fellow. Unless i'm mistaken, he's an ancient warrior hated by his tribe but loyal to them all the same. He tears into the army of the technologically advanced rival tribe by himself where he is assaulted by visions/memories in the middle of the fight. When the battle is over, he faints and receives the blessing of a mysterious figure. When he wakes up, he is sought out by robed figures and invited to the League. Sounds like he got a sort of "gentle giant" vibe to him, which would be pretty interesting to see in LoL.

Abilities:

Quote:
Innate: Hold Still- After few seconds in place (didnt walk) Koptis gain charges of Attack Damage up to a cap. This stats grows at levels 6, 11, 16. The Attack Damage buff last for the next 4 basic attacks.

A buff that relies on remaining in place? This is a pretty interesting mechanic, it makes sure he can make a strong impact when he first enters or returns to lane, but it also presents a new opportunity for both sides. If Koptis stands still in order to rebuild charges, it can signal an opportunity for the opponent to strike. It's actually a really good idea when an ability has both advantages and vulnerabilities associated with it.

Quote:
Q: Cutting the Wind- After 1 seconds casting Koptis swings his sword in front of him damaging the enemies in a line knocking them up for 1 second, additionally slowing them upon landing for 3 seconds

A delayed shockwave attack? Again, a nifty idea. It fits the character wonderfully, and seems like a good tool for initiation. Enemies who are constantly on their guard would be able to dodge this if they pay close attention to Koptis, and that allows your allies to take advantage of their potential tunnel vision.

Quote:
W: Unfailing- When cast, Koptis get fixed on the ground pulling all enemy champions in 500 AOE at meele range and his passive AD is doubled and gaining Armor and Magic Resist for a short time. During the time or until recast Koptis cant be moved by ANY effect. Unfailing lasts 5 seconds in all levels

At first I thought this ability rooted Koptis in place, but seeing as how you cleared that up, my concerns will be about other factors. This ability pulls enemies close, increases your passive AD bonus, increases your defensive stats, and even render him immune to everything that changes Koptis's position. All in one ability that isn't even the ultimate. I'm not the best with numbers, but I think this ability is a bit on the strong side.

Also, you mention that the ability can be recast, which I assume would end the effect early. I don't see a situation where recasting the ability would have any benefit at all. I assume that line is from an early version of the skill where using it actually did root Koptis to the ground. What do you think?

Quote:
E: Decapitate- Koptis next attack will deal splash damage.The cooldown of this ability is reduced by 0,5 second each time a nearby enemy unit dies. (like Tiamat).

Not a bad ability, but it's a bit bland compared to the rest of his kit. The CD reduction makes this ability great for clearing minion waves, but against champions it doesn't have much going for it. There might be a fix for this situation, but more on that in a bit...

Quote:
R: Head Shock (ultimate)-Koptis give a headbutt in melee range to an enemy. Head Shock stuns enemy for a time and deal damage.

This ability is decent as a single target ultimate, but compared to the rest of your abilities it doesn't really feel ultimate. Koptis can create devastating shockwaves, cut through minions like a really big knife through butter, and turn himself into an unstoppable juggernaut. In comparison, Koptis would have to outfit his head with 20 kilograms of TNT and a jet engine in order for a headbutt to be "ultimate" enough to compete with all that.

Final Thoughts:
Koptis is a really interesting champion. His story and quotes give him an identity that LoL doesn't seem to have quite yet. My only issue is that Unfailing might be a bit too strong, and Decapitate seems a bit bland in comparison. If you consider nerfing Unfailing, you could take some of that power and add it to Decapitate. Other than that, this champion is an exceptional concept.