Remove elo loss from surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazier Casta

11-01-2012

I don't get how people can be so stupid. You can't play a 100 games with this problem and wait for it to average out. While the post has a tiny sliver of validity, that if you were frozen at one elo and played 100 games chances would be that your team would have less bad surrenders then the opposing team, this is not how it works. The process is chaotic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory), if you get a few bad surrenders in the beginning you are put on a path that leads to lower elo and higher chances of bad surrenders.

BigTallUgly

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swooshter View Post
Why should I lose elo simply because the rest of my team decides to quit and surrender? There should be some sort of check, that if the 4 team mates surrender, but I click no, I should not lose elo. That, or just remove the ability to surrender from ranked play.

Better idea - remove elo loss if you voted against surrender.

BigTallUgly

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazier Casta View Post
I don't get how people can be so stupid. You can't play a 100 games with this problem and wait for it to average out. While the post has a tiny sliver of validity, that if you were frozen at one elo and played 100 games chances would be that your team would have less bad surrenders then the opposing team, this is not how it works. The process is chaotic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory), if you get a few bad surrenders in the beginning you are put on a path that leads to lower elo and higher chances of bad surrenders.
Yeah I wouldnt expect the little kids who run around these forums quacking "statistics! learn to play! I know statistics! Im a big boy now! Hurga burga!" to understand chaos theory.

BigTallUgly

11-06-2012

Bump.