Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Tencent and Riot Games

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teenage Girl

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Is Tencent the reason behind the new fad of only -one- skin for each new champion, or is it the creativity of the designers?
The last decent looking skin that came with a champion was Varus, albeit not a very creative nor distinguishing skin. The Zyra skin on PBE looks terrible. (Though this is just my opinion).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xohs

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Dravens was pretty cool, Jayce's was okay. Varus's looked really bad imo >_> probably has something to do with taste, don't you think?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaruFrozen

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Zyra's skin is a fire skin.


Gotta have a fire skin for all those champs man. Everyone including brand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue Device

Senior Member

07-12-2012

yes probably, they are now a money focused company so yes tencent is behind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teenage Girl

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Quote:
Xohs:
Dravens was pretty cool, Jayce's was okay. Varus's looked really bad imo >_> probably has something to do with taste, don't you think?

Ah, yes, I forgot about Draven.
Even the Jayce skin seemed to be a rip-off from Starcraft. (Again, my own personal opinion).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mangonellos

Junior Member

07-12-2012

Quote:
Blue Device:
yes probably, they are now a money focused company so yes tencent is behind.


Pretty sure they've stated it was so they could focus on one skin and make it higher quality than having one pretty good one and one mediocre one. Having fewer skins means making less money, potentially, because you're appealing to fewer people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Quote:
BarrettM468:
Is Tencent the reason behind the new fad of only -one- skin for each new champion, or is it the creativity of the designers?
The last decent looking skin that came with a champion was Varus, albeit not a very creative nor distinguishing skin. The Zyra skin on PBE looks terrible. (Though this is just my opinion).




They made that decision only a handful of champions ago. When Riot started, they only released one skin per champion as well with each release. Then they released two when people wanted more choices, now they're back to one when people liked the higher detail skin instead of the lesser detailed and didn't want to buy a bundle that included two skins when they only wanted the one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

os0303

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Quote:
BarrettM468:
Ah, yes, I forgot about Draven.
Even the Jayce skin seemed to be a rip-off from Starcraft. (Again, my own personal opinion).


Wha..... It looks more like Samus than anything. How did you get starcraft?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teenage Girl

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Quote:
Calys Teneb:
They made that decision only a handful of champions ago. When Riot started, they only released one skin per champion as well with each release. Then they released two when people wanted more choice, now they're back to one when people liked the higher detail skin instead of the lesser detailed and didn't want to buy a bundle that included two skins when they only wanted the one.

Thank you for clarifying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teenage Girl

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Quote:
os0303:
Wha..... It looks more like Samus than anything. How did you get starcraft?

Terran Marines


12