Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

-=- Twitch is Underpowered? Let's Nerf Him! -=-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mnaircckel

07-12-2012

ITT: Get the most down-votes possible.

Twitch used to be my main from level 15 to level 30. However, I starting playing him less and less because of how easy it is to counter him and the fact if you aren't able to snowball you are completely useless. I was excited for this remake... now I'm just disappointed.

I've just played the new Twitch in the PBE. He is WORSE than the previous twitch. Let's look at his new abilities, compared to the new ones:

Q:

Stealth Duration Reduced to 4/5/6/7/8 from 10/20/30/40/50
That's 625% reduction to the duration at level 5.
They made his attack speed last for a little bit longer, and added a slight speed buff. However, what it comes down to is this ability gives you way less time to set up a gank if you are jungling and makes it way harder to escape.

W:

The W is practically identical. Except it is now a AOE skill shot with approximately the size of Tristana's jump. It's not instant, and it doesn't slow if people pass through it. So, again this skill is worse than it was before.

E:
His E's bases were lowered. Sure it scales well, but Twitch's ult used to scale amazingly.

R:
The same as before, except its a little easier to hit, which I never saw as a problem before. It now does up to 60% reduced damage to targets in the back line. Before, Twitch had the ability to melt the AD carry in the back line while staying in a safe position. This made Twitch's gameplay all about positioning.

His base health has been increased, which is great. However, with the nerfs to his kit, he seems less viable than before. Maybe I'm over reacting, but he seems in no way more viable than he was before.

TL;DR:

Twitch Remake is completely disappointing for a long time twitch player.

Transairion

07-12-2012

Quote:
I starting playing him less and less because of how easy it is to counter him and the fact if you aren't able to snowball you are completely useless.

Because be able to sit on the enemy mid's head for 10 seconds straight made it hard to snowball, right?

Stealth that requires more planning and common sense to use > 50 seconds of standing on top of your target then shooting them in the back.

xSola

07-12-2012

Waiiit.

The new W has only the size of a Trist Rocket Jump?

Mnaircckel

07-12-2012

Quote:
Richitt:
Waiiit.

The new W has only the size of a Trist Rocket Jump?

Yep, I don't know what riot was thinking.

sweet teemotion

07-12-2012

you played him how many times to come to your conclusion?

Zinwrath

07-12-2012

1 this was the point, its not meant for scouting the whole map its for setting up attacks
2 you miss the part where W stacks poison for E
3 You say e scales well..but his ult used to scale amazingly....this doesnt even make sense what are you comparing and no his ult doesnt scale and his E isnt his ult.
4. its still about positioning, you could put yourself where the squishys are the first thing you hit...also, it no longer has a max on auto attacks so if you have fast attack speed shoot to your hearts content.

shoulda ended on "twitch remake is completely dissapointing if you over look all the buffs"

Deuterion

07-12-2012

Hey here's a crazy idea: try criticizing the abilities after you try them!

Bumped because I want others to see this and downvote accordingly.

DreamLeviathan

07-12-2012

Quote:
Deuterion:

Uh. He might have, the reworks are out on PBE and people have been rushing to try them.

Finn the Human

07-12-2012

Quote:
Mnaircckel:

R:
The same as before, except its a little easier to hit, which I never saw as a problem before. It now does up to 60% reduced damage to targets in the back line. Before, Twitch had the ability to melt the AD carry in the back line while staying in a safe position. This made Twitch's gameplay all about positioning.

Kinda lol'd.

Mnaircckel

07-12-2012

Quote:
Deuterion:

Hey here's a crazy idea: try criticizing the thread after you read it? I CLEARLY SAID I'VE TRIED TWITCH ON PBE.