How to counter Jarvan+Master Yi laning partners?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bronze 5 Penguin

07-12-2012

I was playing Taric along with Caitlyn as my laning partner and our opponent was Master Yi+Jarvan 4. Normally playing as a support I can always overwhelm the other team with the constant heals and stuns, forcing them to back into their turret. However, the tactics that I normally use do not work at all and to make a long story short we were destroyed. The enemy Jarvan finished with 22/0/10 and Master Yi with 16/1/7. Any tips to help out a newbie would be appreciated. Thanks.

Monoream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Try to focus the one who's farming minions, you can tell their minion kill count by pressing tab, cause that's the one who's bringing pain. Get Caitlyn to place traps strategically, and don't let jarvan get close to either of you, Yi has his leap, but because he ends up with his target, a well timed net from cait can have him end up under your turret, stun and he's done. The traps will immobilize them and grant you vision. Remember Jarvan can't leap to you without his ult, and even then he has to be pretty close, if you see Yi use meditate don't focus him unless you can really burst him down, because it grants him a ton of armor and magic resistance. keep up this post if you want more help.

LancerXXX

07-12-2012

Jarvan has a big chunk of burst, and then that's about it.
Yi has a pretty low amount of burst, but good sustained damage.
Taric has a good armor aura, stun, and heal.
Caitlyn has a snare, and good range.

So you eat the Jarvan combo (play aggressively if they are trying to engage and force them to attack you rather than Caitlyn) and then stun Yi, then heal Caitlyn as required. She should outdamage them, especially if you are auto-attacking too.

I have been playing bruisers in bottom lane and I can say that their greatest threat is that they have much more damage then a conventional support (so you can't focus the AD and ignore the 'support' as the 'support' often has more damage). However, if you seriously try to trade, the heals should win the lane for you. Unless it's something like Jarvan/Malphite because there is just too much poke and CC there.

That said, I fail to see how they could be getting creeps with your damage and CC at Lvl 1-2, and they should stay zoned for quite a while after that...

Hirumonogatari

07-13-2012

caitlyn should have no problem zoning them out back under their towers. between piltover and traps plus her range she should be able to trade very effectively.