Best Support Champion for getting assist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Four Point

07-12-2012

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the game Level "18" and I really enjoy playing the support role, for some reason I enjoy healing and and love getting assists.

what is the best champion at stunning/healing/supporting and getting assists.

Thanks <3

Aeržalll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

soraka best.

Mortamor

07-12-2012

If you want a champ with a good stun and a heal, get Taric. Yes, Alistar has a stun and a heal also, but his heal pushes a lane like a bot, and he has mana problems if he has to regularly help. Taric's W is also an armour debuff, which can turn a "trade" into a kill for your carry, if you set it up correctly.

Just my opinion as a Taric main, though.

Four Point

07-12-2012

interesting, the only support champ i have played so far is soraka, i do fairly well with her. i will have to look into taric.

timtwins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

raka gives u heals from across the map

Huibrizzle

07-12-2012

To answer your orginal question, sona gets asissts for just being in the general area most of the time.

Four Point

07-12-2012

yeah soraka's ult heals all teammates. yeah i heard sona was a great support due to her lane harass.

Aeolian Melodies

07-12-2012

Easiest to get assists? Imo Sona.

1) Double target poke (Q)
2) Low CD long range auto target heal, also MR/armor buff so it will give you an assist even if your ally is already full HP (unlike Soraka's Wish)
3) Low CD AoE haste with decent range
4) AoE stun

Her QWE are super spammable, she has an incentive to attack (because her passive, and her AA is a lot more responsive than other supports so it's easy to just get one AA off and get an assist with Sona), lots of AoE for both her allies and her enemies. Like, say what you want about Sona, I don't think anyone gets assists on every kill that happens in a fight easier than she does.

Xolic

07-12-2012

From all the things you listed.

The best would be Taric.

He has the most reliable stun(point and click) he can heal (**** heal though) and gives armor buffs and when he pops his ultimate anyone who is near you that gets a kill you get an assist regardless if you attack or not(His ultimate does decent burst damage and gives everyone who is around you very nice Ap and Ad buffs).

ScarlettSarcasm

07-12-2012

Soraka's your basic heal bot support, and the best one to get started with. But there are plenty of other supports that are a lot of fun. Taric, for example, stuns, heals, is tankier than the other standard supports and has an ability that makes all nearby allied champs tankier as its passive. He's another great beginner support, and he can usually stay in a fight longer than soraka, deal a bit of damage if he needs to, and can act as the team tank if necessary, making him really great all around. He's also a lot of fun to play.
Once you get more experience with support and at higher levels where people know how to work better with supports, you can try champs like Lulu and Janna who focus more on crowd control and utility than healing and stunning.
As far as getting assists, as long as you're doing your job as a support, any support champ should get you plenty of assists.
It's awesome that you're getting into support, and once you get into higher levels, your teammates should be thrilled to have a good support since most people only seem to play them as a last resort. Definitely check through mobafire for guides on supporting in general and support champs, because you build and play them quite different from how you would an Ahri or Ashe.