Art Spotlight - Zyra, Rise of the Thorns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anne Bancroft

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by im5andwutsdis View Post
Can't show anything even a LITTLE sexy on the internet anymore without getting a kneejerk reaction from the guilt-ridden male "feminists" of the myspace generation.

IT HAS BOOBS

MUST B OFFENSIVE TO WOMENS
the issue isn't boobs. the issue is making bad art that lacks artistic merit when all of that can clearly be helped. If she's a plant woman then it would make more sense for her to be completely nude
but she isn't
because how can you explain cleavage without your handy leaf bra?

Allen Gray

Recruiter

07-13-2012

the look is ok, very ho but... I like more the 4 ears with skin color in the 1st art in the champion sneak peek.

hunkfish

07-13-2012

i prefer the 1st pic than this

FretRunner

07-13-2012

Thanks a lot, Riot! Now we have another champion that is going to make me start the game with a *****. F*ck you and thank you!

xXS27Xx

07-13-2012

Decent art but yeah, I liked the sneak peek version a bit more as well

Ez0 DeathPunch

07-13-2012

What is up with her man hands? Her hands are huge when compared to the rest of her body. I like the look of the new champ, but thats just kinda weird to have such big hands on a woman.

OriginaLegend

07-13-2012

what program does he use to make these?

Valexi

07-13-2012

It's Photoshop.

Using an overlay layer for highlights to keep things saturated is a nice idea :-)

GrandMonkee

07-13-2012

Can't wait for her to come out

im5andwutsdis

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Bancroft View Post
the issue isn't boobs. the issue is making bad art that lacks artistic merit when all of that can clearly be helped. If she's a plant woman then it would make more sense for her to be completely nude
but she isn't
because how can you explain cleavage without your handy leaf bra?
But implied nudity is almost always more sexy and generally more tasteful than explicit nudity, even if it would make more sense from an artistic standpoint. Hence why a lot of art from the rennaissance era was done with nudity being suggested with a naked back, exactly like in the preview.

The real issue is this growing mentality we see lately where people believe that sexy = appealing to the lowest common denominator in order to sell something. Sexy can exist for it's own sake!

The problem isn't that there are too many sexy ladies in the league (especially since "sexy" should be one of the core characteristics of larger than life heroic female characters), the problem is that there aren't enough sexy males to balance it out. I mean, pantheon and tryndamere can't match ahri ashe kat miss fortune etc. etc. by themselves.

But instead we get this crass and jaded response that's a clash between the extremes of "OMG FAP" and "OMG SEXIST GARBAGE".

BIG BOOBS R GOOD
MANLY MUSCLED CHESTS R GOOD

STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE INTERNETS LESS SEXY