Art Spotlight - Zyra, Rise of the Thorns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anne Bancroft

07-12-2012

The butts these artists draw wouldn't look so massive if they stopped giving these women 16 in waists. I understand the need for a superhero aesthetic but then why wouldn't people with your kind of influence and popularity want to not tack 10 more inches *at least* onto the waists of these women? I'm excited for this champ to make her mark in the game but this art is yet another disappointment. I would like the artist to explain how her outfit is providing that kind of support and where she is keeping her organs. I always expect better but I am continually disappointed by how transparent the marketing of this character and your other female champions are without fail. It is old fashioned, overdone, and desperate. I will not be purchasing this champ but I hope to see progress coming from your art department in the coming months because this was quite overdone.

Theurgist Afrine

07-12-2012

You put pants on her? Well. I suppose it was a favorable choice.

She reminds me a bit of Katarina, and I have hope that she will not be all doom-and-gloom just as Katarina was before her voice was redone.

Z3R013

07-12-2012

its as if jessy from team rocket fused with jame's weepingbell

ThatManWhoHatesU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

07-12-2012

so she is wearing something after all...

Randith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Bancroft View Post
I would like the artist to explain how her outfit is providing that kind of support and where she is keeping her organs.
While she looks humanoid, who said she has organs at all? Morello posted a while ago that what you see is not skin at all. She's a plant-based-organism.

ZombieCakes

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Bancroft View Post
The butts these artists draw wouldn't look so massive if they stopped giving these women 16 in waists. I understand the need for a superhero aesthetic but then why wouldn't people with your kind of influence and popularity want to not tack 10 more inches *at least* onto the waists of these women? I'm excited for this champ to make her mark in the game but this art is yet another disappointment. I would like the artist to explain how her outfit is providing that kind of support and where she is keeping her organs. I always expect better but I am continually disappointed by how transparent the marketing of this character and your other female champions are without fail. It is old fashioned, overdone, and desperate. I will not be purchasing this champ but I hope to see progress coming from your art department in the coming months because this was quite overdone.
This ^
I'm still waiting for another female beast champ, Shyvana's design and skins let me down and poor Anivia is lonely :c

Chrispho

07-12-2012

Want that for my background computer!!!!

ZombieCakes

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randith View Post
While she looks humanoid, who said she has organs at all? Morello posted a while ago that what you see is not skin at all. She's a plant-based-organism.
I would like Morello to explain to me why plants need boobs xD

Elysius

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsydeon172 View Post
Liked the look of the sneak peak better. but not terribly disappointed... like with Riven's art.
Yeah.. she looks way better on the sneak peek art.. I hope the champ is more like that and not some angry girl with a plant face

Tiziu