@Morello (Official!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaalaa

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah12321blah View Post
MR is already good enough, just like you said. That's why big MR items shouldn't feel great to build on everyone. It should feel like an investment targeted at the enemy APC. If you do buff big MR items then bring back old values of Mpen for Marks, Quints, Sorc boots and Guise too.

Does the full-AD teams meta not make that obvious?

It's not even possible to reach 1k AP anymore with the DC and AAS nerfs. 1 AP is roughly equal to 0.5 AD, which shows how much stronger ADC and AD assassins can get in terms of burst: they can reach 500 AD if they want to (easy as fk = 5 BT), and that also improves their autos. I'm not saying it's a good build, but it gets the point across.
Problem with AD base champion VS AP champion is the AA is so much powerful on a AD champ Vs AP champ. AP champ will never be so strong on AA then AD champ... it's make it VERY hard and much more long to destroy a Turret then a AD champion... It's unfair personally...

Nessasaur

04-25-2013

Asking again in the hopes it'll get answered!!!

Can you give a yes or a no to me asking if we will be getting a new Yordle champion within the few releases? It's been over a year since Lulu was released and I'm really looking forward to what unique champion you guys will come up with next.

theoneian

04-25-2013

Do you plan on releasing another item that can build out of megaton cloak specifically for ad casters?

ChaoticPraxis

04-25-2013

My good sir, Morello. How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Falise

04-25-2013

I know my comment may not get addressed but I feel the need to ask anyway. I saw earlier you talked about removing the cast time on Sivirs ult and that's great in all but that won't help her much. Her problem is her range its 500 and it's why she's hardly played. She doesn't have the big front loaded damage that graves does or the super long range poke of say jayce so I don't completely understand why her range is so small. I assume its because of the auto attack reset on her w. However with so many assassins and gap closing champs in the current meta it's impossible to play her because you have to get so close. I think a buff to 550 or even 525 would make her a great pick again. Thanks for reading this if you ever do.

AotW King

04-25-2013

Hey Morello, I post expecting this to be ignored or missed but I felt like posting it anyways.

Why is it that I can't play shaco anymore? The nerfs in 301 while being directed at his jungle have totally demolished his laning ability. I don't care about his shiv passive slow, it was strong and thats fine but the deceive nerf has made it impossible to close gaps in lane against ranged heroes. Shaco makes a fun and interesting top and mid similar to eve in that he can run to other lanes for ganks quickly. But I can't exchange with smart ranged heroes anymore. If I deceive from out of spell range I don't get to them. I've played 2 or 3 shaco games since the patch and every time it just tells me again how unfun this hero is now.

Is this change going to stay? Was this change even thought of people who laned with shaco? Honestly I don't understand how 100 range makes it so freaking different! But literally look at my shaco game since the patch and after, its like my shaco playstyle has been totally gutted but maybe that was the goal?

Either way I'm done with this hero it seems, just so depressing to be so freaking bad at a hero I loved.

Oppositional

04-25-2013

Hey Morello!

A few questions for you, if you don't mind.

1) Would you guys consider a system that lets your team isolate one un-bannable champ for each team? You could penalize 50 gold or something for the player in that team to pick that champ, and it also allows for mind games. Furthermore, you could pick a champ that only your team can pick. If your team doesn't pick that champ, a member of the enemy team can opt to buy into that champ after champ select is completed by paying 50 gold. At any rate, you get the idea.

2) Will you please get some pressure to get skins out for the older champs (i.e. Rumble only 2 skins since release). Seems like a good time to do so, given their uptick in tournament play (Asia in particular).

3) You address data to justify balance adjustments, but it seems odd to me that usage data in regular games is not as relevant. It SEEMS to me there is a pool of ~75 champs that get regular play, and the majority of the rest don't. Some are played extremely often, and I cannot believe is just due to tournament usage rates, nor can I belief that they don't signify a balance issue to begin with. (Example: Lux, Nidalee, Thresh (high usage) vs. Melee ADC's, Poppy, Sion, Sejuani, Malzahar, Brand (low usage)

4) Is Sion getting a rework? Ultimate and Spells don't really work well together, either way you build.

Sorry about the long sentences. Thanks for listening!
Opp

Lord eXecutor

04-25-2013

I got a wonderful question.

Do you got any improvement or changes on the tribunal ?

Because I am getting tired of the REPORT DRAMA and those Tribunal Cases of people getting time ban or perma ban for little things because 1 or 2 players were butthurt. Season 1 or pre 2 was fine ... but I find Season 3 super toxic even more and that was since the Tribunal!... I don't see any changes in behavior with this system, It was the same effect on the Honor system ... super effective for 1 - 2 weeks .... after that... dead!

I got time banned twice ... and LoL was the first game ever that I have been punish for .... being like any typical internet player that will point out some one for doing a mistake so he wont do it again or telling some one my point of view on something ? (Ive been playing videogames over 15+ years)

Then again I wanna spend money into this game ... support this wonderful and epic game ... but guess what ? I don't want to ... because I know for sure if I spend $100 on RP ... and get Ban because of "butthurt or writing lies of the comment section" well.. GG I wasted $100 into this game. And that is not only me ... there is a lot of players who want to spend money into this game ... but final conclusion before purchasing RP : I can get ban because of butthurt, report abuse, spam punish, pre made trolls and there will be no support to help me out and I'll get ban for little things.

I think LoL is the only game that I know you can get ban for telling some one : you are bad stop feeding or being annoying .... when there is a ignore / mute option next to my name. Since my 2 time ban I learn something .... don't use the chat system ... EVER ! Because you will end up in tribunal for absolutely no reason or for tiny little things that will cause a drastic effect on your account.

Sorry my English ain't my native language

Betw´xt

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's actually designed that all cast times are static unless otherwise dictated (.25 second casts). Ones that are not that are mini-channels or have gameplay reasons, like Karthus ult or Caitlyn Q.

It's not a stat because it doesn't vary as wildly as it does in DotA - it's part of what makes our combat snappy and responsive.
yes it is

Darius' pull Clearly has 0.5 second cast time while zed E does not
Thresh hook clearly has a 0.5 second cast time while Blitzcrank's hook is instant cast.
It's part of balance I get it,

But no where in this tooltip does it state this at all. I have to look it up online or play from experience. The only times you have explicitly stated in the tooltip regarding cast animations is with Viktor's laser

and you can't really be serious with GP. This is his only problem, his Q takes forever to cast and his Q and crit animation ruin his attack speed. Why does everyone else in the game shoot while moving and not being forced to stand still while eating oranges actually makes the duration of any CC longer.

Hi morello, these stats ARE VERY IMPORTANT.

B1indNotDeaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2013

@morrelo

Can you shed some light on work being done with quinn? I know she's meant to be played as an adc, but her lore specifies her as an assassin. Unlike every other assassin, she has no dedicated defensive skill; Akali's shroud gives invisibility/defensive stats, talon gets invisibility, diana has her shield, zed has multiple movement spells/untargetable...quinn's "defensive ability" has a low damage ratio and makes her unable to attack during the animation, and her ult forces her to close in to do damage while offering only a 20% MS buff when in combat. I realize that this is hard to balance, and unlike all other assassins she is ranged; can we expect any love towards those who want to play her as a roaming mid assassin? Is there any hope for offering defensive stats when using her ult or vault?