@Morello (Official!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HUMBLE SL4YER

04-25-2013

@Morello

we going to see another kha zix, zed, or rumble.. i feel like rumble is getting alot of play yet he hasnt had a skin in forever.

Dreggon

04-25-2013

How do you feel about boots? I no longer buy them because I don't find them necessary.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2013
459 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letler View Post
I know that old Karma thread has been beaten to death but user Daeron07 had a nice idea including skill shot indicator changes (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...86685&page=574)

This would add a lot of readability to users playing Karma, any thoughts?

Any thoughts on indicators in general; their usefulness, how to clean them up etc?

I am curious, from a design perspective what kept you from adding something like Urgots lock-on indicator much longer ago, or auto attack range indicators?

Is there ever a time when too much readability becomes a problem?

Too many questions, BYE!
I love this stuff - skillshot indicators are an idea we want to get our hooks into more. The problem is the people who can do this kind of thing are really busy with other important things.

Readability is massively important, and is not as good as I want it to be in LoL.

JLR

04-25-2013

Mr. Morello,

I was wondering what it would take for myself to peak your employer's interest into accepting me as the Esports Player Relations Coordinator? I'm finishing up my undergrad degree in Psychology this coming Fall but my true field of interest is eSports, however, I'm not sure what kind of major in graduate school would apply to the eSports scene but when I ask others who are involved in eSports, the talks usually involve applying and getting an opportunity, then building from there. This has brought me here to ask you what it would take to land myself in the position I named or one similar to it. Hard working, competitive game loving fanatic here. Hope you have a wonderful day even if you don't get to reply to my message.

Kugz

04-25-2013

Evening Morello!

Hopefully the maintenance is going well

This probably gets asked a bajillion times, but I don't suppose you have any news/workplace rumors for us Oceania players?

220ms sucks!

Keep up the good work,
Kugz

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2013
460 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
Well I understand this isn't exactly your department, I'm not sure Riot has anyone that's responsible for my concern. Something thats been bugging me ever since I joined in July is the near total disregard of new players. While you guys have a excellent repertoire with the lvl 30 community, pre 30 Riot doesn't acknowledge except once in a blue moon. Seriously I'm sure you can see how many Riots have posted in the New Player forums in the last year. Take a look.

This comes across almost as a hazing. On top of learning the basic game mechanics new players have to deal with toxic individuals who simply make new accounts and abuse actual newbies over and over. The new players have few options to voice concerns and there is no concrete proof that they are being heard.

Perhaps I'm seeing this as a larger issue then it is but how many accounts are abandoned pre 30? These are potential customers and I think having even 1 person spend a couple hours a week on the new player forums would prove to not only make new players feel they are being heard, but it could very easily translate to more paying customers and it would certainly be in line with Riots statement of being the "most customer orientated company in the industry" (I cant remember the exact phrase but you know what I mean.)
Agreed. This is not my area of expertise, but I think it's something we really could use to improve. Smurfs, especially, make this really painful. I wish I had more information for you

Oragagashi

04-25-2013

Any thoughts on making Xerath feel better as a whole?

He is outranged by several other ap's in the early to mid levels and there is a large discrepancy on his q and e range.
Xerath is also fairly useless without his ultimate up in most circumstances.
That said, with the ultimate arguably has one of the highest burrsts around.

CynicalGiant

04-25-2013

Hey there Morello. You are a pretty big inspiration to me.

Anyway, I was one of the many people who made "buff Renekton now" threads all the time in Season 2. I am actually starting to think, even though he is my favorite champion, that he might be too strong right now. I would love to actually see him get some balance treatment, both buffs and nerfs.

His W in particular is crazy early but his E is terrible until you get 3-4 levels into it. His passive isn't very noticeable despite it being very powerful.

Does the balance team have any plans to nerf or balance Renekton in any way?

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2013
461 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
Any idea if theres any plans for Poppy, VU or otherwise?
Eventually. After Heimer, my prediction is Poppy is the "new Eve."

DaevaDaedalus

04-25-2013

Would we ever see annie's parents as league champions? or they are dead?