@Morello (Official!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legulult

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2010

You should check out Nicosharp's post on Nunu if you haven't yet.

Thomphoolery

09-05-2010

How do you feel about the community's input on old, recycled champions like Lee Sin?

Morello

Lead Designer

09-05-2010
12 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
ok i made a post on this in the feedback forums but i feel you may have more of a understanding for it...

When you guys design a champion what are key things you look for and what are things you try to avoid?

I personally am more interested in making champion suggestion more then playing the game and I need to update the tips on my site for champion suggestions. It is a bit dull now. lol
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LOL_champ_s...7950119/1/#new
First, I want to talk about Champion Suggestions real fast.

I'm not going to critique these personally on a request-by-request basis because it would take forever, and people are asking for that a lot. It's just too time-consuming, and I want to maintain at least some free time and such

There's a lot of things we work on with new champions;

* Theme: Does the kit match the theme, and do you understand what the champion might do when looking at them? Some are very successful (Alistar is the best example) while some are less clear (Shen).

* Role: What role does this champion provide? Does it add a new role? If it fills an existing one, what makes it a unique choice in relation to other champions of the same type?

* Fun: Are the skills fun to use, does the character provide satisfying abilities and points of decision?

* Audience: What type of players should like this champion's playstyle? Does it satisfy that audiences' tendencies?

* Fun to fight: Does this champion just piss people off? Do enemies have points of decision when fighting against this champion?

PhreshWater

09-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Why should you not be proud to play Ashe? Do you like her?
Well shes just kind of the noob tube of the game, and i dont find her that original

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrihm theurg View Post
civ 4 kinda made me sad inside, and i'm not sure why....course, i bought it right after having the misfortune to play command and conquer 4 so yeah. I dunno, it just seemed to lack something that made me enjoy 3 and 2 so much.
rng?

Morello

Lead Designer

09-05-2010
13 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by national View Post
What were you guys thinking with Miss Fortune?

I mean really. WIth her bad caricature looks and cliche skills (Bullet time? Make it rain? What is this, a Max Payne rap song?), she looks like she belongs in a C-list unpolished Steam title.
That's one person's opinion. A lot of people really like her over-the-top theme and her abilities are fun to use for a lot of people who tested her. I can't comment on your specific opinion.

Polaritie

09-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demineonz View Post
Well shes just kind of the noob tube of the game, and i dont find her that original
Not really. Any idiot can take a rocket launcher kit and score kills in an FPS.

Idiots actually do bad with Ashe, except when facing idiots.

That said, the skill needed to play her isn't that high. She's certainly a good character to start with for learning how to play ranged dps, and she is strong enough to be viable competitively.

dogbiter

09-05-2010

morello, which good and viable champs do YOU think that need some little buffs?

also

do you plan to introduce another swordsman to the game?

Zekral

09-05-2010

What do you think will be the cause of the next major metagame shift and what do you think it will shift to?

Polaritie

09-05-2010

Bushwhack. Its something that never hits most of the time except as a trap. It has an awesome debuff, and some damage, but your chances of aiming it at someone are nil, as opposed to the other ward-skills, shroom and jitb.

Opinion?