Leavebuster punishment for easy bot games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathshroud09

04-29-2014

Why is this a thing?

Farranor

04-29-2014

Because the system is trying to teach people not to be jerks.

Deathshroud09

04-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
Because the system is trying to teach people not to be jerks.
It seems a little silly seeing as its not ranked and even new players can 2v5 easy bots while having a good time doing it...i understand what the system is trying to do but sometimes i want to play but don't know if i'm going to get called off to do something else, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to just fire up an easy bot game to do this. It's like Riot doesn't actually want people to play their game. Whenever i have to leave during one i tell the other players and every time they were like "it's ok we've got this".

LeBonkers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2014

Next time, you want to play but know how much time you'll have, make a custom you + 4 bots vs 5 bots. I guess it's all you can do, since you choose when that game ends.

Deathshroud09

04-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBonkers View Post
Next time, you want to play but know how much time you'll have, make a custom you + 4 bots vs 5 bots. I guess it's all you can do, since you choose when that game ends.
Like i said before...its a kinda silly that they do this. Why do they incessantly treat their playerbase as if they have no brain and cannot function without Riot telling them what to do.

R3d Anonymous

04-29-2014

Actually, I agree with the OP.

Hetchy

04-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathshroud09 View Post
Like i said before...its a kinda silly that they do this. Why do they incessantly treat their playerbase as if they have no brain and cannot function without Riot telling them what to do.
Riot is only telling you what NOT to do: Don't leave games and put your team at a disadvantage.

The newest of the new players start at easy bot matches, and I don't think they want them having a negative impression of the player base.

Not Flame

04-29-2014

Pretty sure bot games scale imo like if a player leaves, one of the bots goes afk and will remain till the player comes back.

BruisingPrune

04-29-2014

because you shouldnt be leaving any games before they are over period

Deathshroud09

04-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Flame View Post
Pretty sure bot games scale imo like if a player leaves, one of the bots goes afk and will remain till the player comes back.
This is my main complaint, why would you add this feature and yet still punish the person who left...it makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruisingPrune View Post
because you shouldnt be leaving any games before they are over period
This is not realistic in any way whatsoever, I've never left a ranked or even normal PvP match. Seeing as they make a bot go AFK if someone happens to leave its more than a little silly that they would have Leavebuster active in those games.