Sheriff Caitlyn Locks Down a New Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

07-13-2012

Wait, so in Valoran, justice is meted out according to some kind of reverse bail system?

Volski

07-13-2012

Scumbag Riot.
Releases new Singed skin, and then puts an older one on sale.

Arekanderia

07-13-2012

This was probably the least funny one. Hit and miss, I guess. The champions and skins aren't too hot, either. Oh well, better luck next time.

Cupcakes for everyone!

Mysnomer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Milkman1 View Post
yeah she is rather boring just using things she says in the game isnt witty enough also outback renekton was a tad racist...
Australia is full of criminals anyway, so who cares if we make fun of them >__>

Anyway, I don't know if reds read this deep in to a thread, but I hope they do, because I think I've realized one of the keys to a good sales personality. They have to have a unique and humorous voice. Mundo has his Hulk-esque dialogue, Renekton had the Australian Accent (he had other problems, though, which is why this is only one of the keys). For Caitlyn, all you've done is rehash her in game phrases and make law enforcement puns. A lot of her "voice" comes from her actual voice, the English accent and it's somewhat condescending tone. Even if you had managed to make her sound more English, I don't think text would have really allowed you to convey her character that well. Also, when trying new personalities, don't forget to put a bit of story in there. It's not just about the funny voice, it's also about tying it all together with a bit of narrative, and this sale's narrative is extremely weak. Anyway, there's my ramblings trying to help you bottle that lightning.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

I wanted sandstorm, but as I was looking at it in the model viewer... I noticed one of her thighs looked like a square block that abruptly ends and goes vertically down for a bit! Looking at the other skins I did not see that. And then I noticed it looks like that on both legs!

http://lolskinviewer.com/#Katarina

^
Sandstorm Katarina, rotate it a bit. Just a badly modeled skin?

Lozer

Senior Recruiter

07-13-2012

I love cait, so cait doing a sale is awesome. However, the only this that made it seem like it was cait was you using her lines from in-game... That made it quite boring. It would be like rammus doing a sale and saying "Okay..." like, 50 times.

Anyways, make Orianna do one, she is awesome enough!

King Baconator

07-13-2012

plz do Gentleman Cho'gath!!!!!!! he could wittingly sell me a skin any day

baboon buddy4U

07-13-2012

I think this was a great sale not the funniest but very entertaining. I very much love the sales and the way that your whole team has been taking time to give the champions a more personal feel. I miss the Journal of Justice but this is a great way to get lore hounds like myself to get a more immersive experience. Keep up the stellar work!
P.S. Do you think that maybe you could bring back the Journal or make it something that focuses a little more on the champions like interviewing them and then have a background of events in the world.

Arachnelis

07-13-2012

I don't know who wrote this one, vs who writes the mundo ones, but it wasn't very funny. There was too much borrowing from her in-game quotes.

Nice sale though.

Chiwa239

07-13-2012

Can you please put Battlecast Urgot on sale?!