Ability Remake: Twitch, the Plague Rat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunPlay7

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup4now View Post
Twitch’s Ambush ability will be seeing some changes to shift him toward a more aggressive role on the battlefield

No. With a shorter stealth time, even with a movement speed boost, having a longer cooldown on stealth and shorter overall stealth time with EVEN SHORTER attack speed buff duration, this won't happen. Twitch players are better off standing next to their turret and last-hitting turret kills on minions.

Since this ability allowed Twitch to remain invisible for significant periods of time, enemy players were forced to adopt an extremely cautious and defensive playstyle in response

Really? No. I rarely saw people becoming any less agressive because of me playing as twitch. If I roam, they place wards and i can't gank effectively. In fact, one time mid and top lane were actually being pushed harder, and when i asked why they did that at the end of the game, they said "for a chance for you to show and get an easy kill and run away."

primarily surrounding the nature of the Attack Speed bonus that it provided

You found that the ATTACK SPEED BONUS was the biggest problem about it?...
You're joking, right?

While Attack Speed helps quickly stack up charges of Deadly Venom, this bonus ramped up over the total duration Twitch remained invisible. This forced players to strike a balance between selecting the ideal time to strike and attempting to lurk for as long as possible in order to reach the maximum bonus. This was especially problematic for Plague Rat enthusiasts, since it forced Twitch to forego farming gold in order to reach his maximum Attack Speed bonus.

What? Is this implying that Twitch players use invisibility to gain attack speed during the laning phase? Not only is that completely WRONG, but even THINKING that is stupid. Good Twitch players want to have their stealth OFF cooldown at all times, in case of a gank from either team, where it would help escape or attack. Twitch does NOT need an attack speed bonus to farm gold from minions. Who came up with that idea? If he's pushing a lane, then he must've not been in the lane, for it to be pushed, and he would've been in stealth on the way to the lane, giving him the full 10 seconds of AS when he arrived.

To shift emphasis towards a more action-oriented style of play

Twitch, while laning, isn't suppose to have any action unless there's a gank. This is true for almost EVERY. OTHER. CHAMP. The laning phase is just two ranged AD carries farming with support that heal the scratches off the poking they do to eachother and indefinitely warded bottom lane bushes to stop ganks from happening. Where is the action here, that you want to make present in Twitch that all other AD carries have?

Twitch was one of the most action-full champs on the league of legends. The common Twitch player would leave bottom lane as soon as he got boots (because bot lane farm-fest is a terrible place for him to be, since he was destroyed by a 400 gold item and helpless against enemy pokes) and started ganking other lanes. The first fifteen to twenty minutes of the game is full of twitch ganks! He is constantly looking for a kill. What could be more agressive and action-packed than he is now?

we retooled Ambush to promote aggressive repositioning over stalking

And that's exactly what you did. However, STALKING was one of the best parts about twitch. Unfair amounts of free intel were what made Twitch be Twitch. Either way, unless Twitch gets MASSIVELY increased armor and magic resistance in the patch, be ready to see tons of twitches be bursted down on-sight since he can only wait a few seconds for his target to get in a vulnerable position, and he can't run away and hope stealth comes back. to help. Positioning for twitch REQUIRED for his allies to start the fight and make it look like an even fight, until he was sure that the enemy wouldn't just kill him and run away when he appeared; And this required the full amount of time stealth previously had. Reducing the time of stealth makes life harder for Twitch AND his allies.

that it always applies the maximum Attack Speed bonus

Unnesecary, again.

solidifying the emphasis on selecting the opportune moment of attack

From the few seconds to get to the target, then waiting for this to happen, just won't work. He'll be running to the enemy and back to the bush he was hiding in in the same move. This is invalid.

Another issue Twitch faced was an over-reliance on the enormous damage potential of his ultimate ability. More often than not, Twitch’s success or failure on the battlefield depended on his ability to output massive amounts of damage over the course of Spray and Pray rather than on Deadly Venom and Expunge

Really? REEEEEAAAlly? Of course he relies on it, many champions do the same! The thing with Deadly Venom is that it's never a primary source of damage, and Expunge was destroyed by enemy magic resistance later in the game, making Deadly Venom better overall!
Twitch players usually shoot people with their ultimate as they're lined up. If they did it right, all of the enemy team would have 5/6/6 stacks of deadly venom on them anyway. No other damage dealing tool was nesecary.

Since most of his interesting gameplay revolved around poison combos, we wanted to augment this aspect of his kit both to make him more interesting to play and to make him less one dimensional

Most of his interesting gameplay did NOT revolve around poison combos. Expunge is only useful for early game, and no points were put into Debilitating Poison until midgame. His interesting gameplay was making the best of the **** he had. Adding an explosive to twitch does NOT make him more interesting to play, it's a nuisance, because now we're also stuck with positioning AND skillshot-lining issues.

Also, if expunge does physical damage instead of magic damage, say goodbye to it because it'll be right next to useless UNLESS it has higher base damage than the old one. Not removing stacks of poison with it ruined the description of the spell and made it closer to Darius' ultimate, which NOBODY wants to compare that in-game. It will no longer be Expunge.

Twitch players using Debilitating Poison to begin every engagement rather than waiting to build up stacks of Deadly Venom

Yet, in the Tips and Suggestions it says to use Debilitating poison on someone out of range and then add stacks of deadly venom. OF COURSE we initiate with debilitating poison! Stacks of deadly venom don't add much to the slow, and if you stack poison first, guess what? they'll be at their turret before you slow them down signifcantly, and even then Expunge would remove all of the stacks of venom ANYWAY, making venom a useless part of his W anyway. The slow is good enough was it was, and it helped strike fear in your targets!

with one that was better suited to initiating combat

Who the hell asked for this? Yes, it's better to start combat, but this can miss. i would rather have a 100% chance weak slow than a not 100% chance stronger slow that adds venom. PLUS, this barrel **** isn't NEARLY as all-around useful as Debilitating Poison was. Popping spellshields and raking in the assists and escaping and saving allies with Debilitating poison was immensely useful, this new spell can't do that nearly as well.

Spray and Pray to better support this new emphasis on poison gameplay

The new emphasis on Poison gameplay sucks, therefore all of the changes made to twitch's ultimate as listed won't help, other than the infinite ammo. This is very similar to his original ultimate.

Not only is Lane twitch going to be worse with the crappy new skills, but Jungle Twitch is going to suffer dramatically. Shaco will lane and jungle better than Twitch! Shaco owns twitch already, but after this, Shaco will own twitch MORE.

Twitch's fun came out of stalking prey and killing unsuspecting people. You are going to tear that away from him; he won't even be Twitch anymore. You're going to make him have gameplay similar to all other AD carries.

This apparent higher skill-cap doesn't even appear to be rewarding. Playing the same character on hard-mode while doing apparently decreased damage, nty.

This remake sucks, and if it goes out i'd like my IP back for him and for the runes i bought for him.

And that's all I have to say...
You don't know what your talking about.

xDMDx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Switching out his slow for a ranked spell that slows and applies a poison debuff to the enemy has got to be the best thing ever. Now he has more than one actual damaging skill on him. Also with expunge scaling off ad and ap now, this is gonna be some seriously fun stuff. Im gonna miss the old twitch.

Edit: Forgot to mention the fact that with all his base stats also increased, it will make him have a lot more survivability in lane.

Life NO Death

07-16-2012

eve is better than twitch!!! by alot she is crazy with kills while twitch only can damage people alot he doesnt have enough health thats y it was better when he had longer lasting so he could get away.

Spawnpk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup4now View Post
This remake sucks, and if it goes out i'd like my IP back for him and for the runes i bought for him.

And that's all I have to say...
I am sure a hell of a lot of twitch players are feeling the same way now!!

Spawnpk

07-16-2012

Someone suggested to me the other day a different option to reducing twitch's stealth... a stealth only ward. gives vision to only stealth players for same price as a sight ward. will make players choose whats more important and might form a solution in riot's eyes....

Azzkikr480

07-16-2012

well reading the first post i thought they were going to destroy him, but actually looking at the remake it seems as more of a buff. I'm a hardcore twitch player and yes there were some serious issues with him over time which were never addressed. I just hope we can still melt teams with his AoE ultimate.

Satoris

07-16-2012

WHERE'S MY CHEDDAR!?!?!!?

Signed,

Kingpin Twitch

TWDemigod

07-16-2012

im ELO 17XX in taiwan.
and i feel new twitch is suck too.

i played old twitch to 17XX

Noobs will say Twitch is Buff.
Beacuse they are noobs.

nzx

07-16-2012

REWORK or RENEFR?

Swiper D Fox

07-16-2012

you know I bet when everyone starts dying early and start feeding and getting reported and gets blamed for feeding is when Riot will realize "hey I think we messed up on twitch" or "i'm tired of all of these people getting reported for twitch"

I'm gonna say it again GIVE TWITCH A FLASH STEALTH LIKE SHACO AND PEOPLE WILL BE HAPPIER!