Ability Remake: Twitch, the Plague Rat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

owl836

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubel engel View Post
the rat has returned stronger than ever!
he's a super saiyan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeftWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Does anyone know how long a "shot duration" on his invisible is??
he used to be able to go invisible for fifty seconds at max level and I can't seem to find an exact time on the new invisible spell except saying its shorter and the attack speed is always available no matter how long you stay invisible

amergaru

07-13-2012

YES FINALLY! ive been waiting for something to happen to twitch in a long time. his game playwas good early game but he always got owned by enimies stacking armor even with black cleaver and/or armor pen.

Alenos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

"Ambush: Twitch becomes invisible for a short duration and gains Movement Speed. At the end of this effect, Twitch gains Attack Speed for a short duration."

I would like to know what do you mean by "short duration".
Is going to be something less than 10 secs?

I guess that i am going to miss my old Twitch

MurderFace69

07-13-2012

Never understood how twitch can be a stealth champion when you would be able to smell him coming anyways

SatanicalOne

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWolf View Post
Does anyone know how long a "shot duration" on his invisible is??
8 seconds at level five and 20% speed increase instead of the original 40%

3 seconds invisible at level 1

SatanicalOne

07-13-2012

Also, whereas his stealth could previously been used as an escape mechanism (with thought and strategy), it can no longer be used as such. He now no longer has an escape mechaism and will feed like there is no tomorrow.

Twitch haters of the fields of justice (AKA most players even on his own team) will be loving the free feed for the next few weeks until noone uses twitch anymore.

The moronic thug thinkers of LOL win again. More tough champs like darius etc and less of those that require thought to play.

I guess it is too much to ask people to think whilst playing a game other than "ooh, there is a fight there ... must go fight ... ugh ... grunt!" Way too much to ask.

Spawnpk

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicalOne View Post
8 seconds at level five and 20% speed increase instead of the original 40%

3 seconds invisible at level 1
Ok riot now im getting close to swearing on these forums... way to completely f up a great character.. yes underplayed and a for those who played against a good one (or those playing with a **** one) hated... but for us twitch guys... are you serious!!! 3 seconds to a max of 8... no more stalking no more chasing invis and wiating for recalls, no more strategic following and placing or setting up gangs..... YAY way to think it through!!!! <insert sarcasum here>

Silikiyu

07-13-2012

his q... at max... lasts 8 seconds.... he doesnt even have time to run away if he goes in for a gank... he either commits and dies, or dies because it ran out.... he's too squishy for THAT much of his stealth time to be taken off... thats what made twitch a threat! it was for that reason that he was deadly and would be banned in draft, because he COULD be an assasin. now its just an after thought, barely even good for escaping ganks....

As for Eve; if people can see her coming, even if its only a few paces away; thats long enough for her, as a squishy champ, to be bursted down before she can even do what she's known for! Popping up ON YOU and casting her E/spam Q and ult, now she has no surprise element and the fact that the stealth is passive and DELAYED like Teemo means that it's going to be EVEN HARDER for her to escape ganks or get out of a fight.

but thats just my view based on how I played eve and a friend played twitch.

dragonoftime

07-13-2012

I loved playing as twitch, and after reading this he still sounds like an awesome champ, but just in a different way. This really changes twitch from a stealthed, roaming, ganker, to more of an on par ad carry with some positioning help. The problem with this is it sets a high skill cap, because people will need to learn when to use the little stealth you have to be aggressive, or defensive resulting in twitches that either
A. feed, due to bad positioning with stealth and high aggression
B. dominate, due to good positioning with high aggression
C. have low kills and deaths, from having to be defensive with stealth
or D. some other things that I don't have the effort to mention

overall, twitch has changed, which will cause some long time twitch players to not play him as much, and some new twitch players to pick him up without much background on the old twitch and do well with him.