Zyra, Rise of the Thorns, Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cientu

07-12-2012

New style of abilities, i like

Spookytaco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Legit

Smartsize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

RIOT

TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY

This is the first champion I have ever had a burning passion to buy on release.

TheWheatOne

07-12-2012

Another young looking, smooth skinned, sexually attractive adult humanoid (non-yordles/monsters). Only five female champs don't fit this vast adjective-filled description (Annie, Trist, Anivia, Lulu, Poppy). And I thought the last few champs were all the same in general body structure....

A nice unique champ if seen as standing alone. She has a rather generic personality and lore (I'm thinking Ahri and Eve all over again), but great gameplay theme (I'm thinking Yorick and Varus as a mage sorta). However, I feel like I'm barfing all the high quality, eye-catching chocolate the candy store gave me at this point.

To me this is like seeing over several dozen champs with the same hair-do and color, that I just happen to like a ton, but its getting out of hand with how much of it there is. Please be a bit more varied with female body structure for the rest of us who don't NEED the fan-service to see an awesome champ in-the-making. I can only imagine the outcry if we had this many male champs with the same body structure as Garen, Darius, Draven, and Jayce. They are all unique, but its hard to see them differently from a distance.

For the record, I care nothing about any display of sexism or unequal sexuality. I accept it is simply the way things are. These champs are nice to have, just not so many with the same physical body features. It kinda takes out the room where you could be designing female humanoid champions that are a bit different, where the rest of use can have a chance like them for other reasons to buy, than just an archetype added with a young attractive woman.

MrDevilan

07-12-2012

Honestly I was hoping for a lot more with Zyra. Her seeds seem way to easily destroyed and the time limit for them is way to short. Just step on them and your done? Sure your revealed for a few seconds but big deal, it's worth it to basically make her useless. They should have a slow or a poison or something to compensate. Then I thought well what if you set up a bunch to flank the enemy in mid by just storing up a few seeds with the ammo system you gave her? Of course that wouldn't work for the simple fact that any intelligent person would simply walk over any seeds in the area there by destroying any chance at it working. If the seeds were invisible it would make it easier but seeing as nothing of this was said I'm to only assume they stick out like one of Shaco's puppets. Even so her grasping roots ability seems like it might save her. It damages, it roots the enemies, and it turns the seeds into little turrets, I just hope it's wide enough to hit seeds slightly off to the side. Otherwise it may not work as intended and the enemy will just step on all the seeds in the path you laid out before you can hit him, that or you'll miss him trying to hit the seeds. I still plan on getting her when she comes out and I hope She turns out better then from what I can see.

Golden Theater

Arkthiurd

07-12-2012

Saw his champ and just asked for my gf to cosplay and bondage...

...twisted isn't it ?

Devilsbrother

07-12-2012

zyradinger

Mysnomer

07-12-2012

How can she jungle if rampant growth does nothing on it's own? It seems that you were thinking she could be like Shaco and Maokai, but if the seeds do no damage without a second skill to activate them, she would need one hell of a leash, and probably won't have very good clear times. :\ I kinda feel misled here.

MagicMagnum

07-12-2012

Just tried her out on the Beta Environment, get ready to be massively disappointed. She's not fun at all.

The seeds are easily killed just by stepping on them and they dont do damage to the person who steps on them, they only last 30 seconds, so you can't create like a minefield of them, they have a static "cooldown timer" which is how long the recharge time is to store another seed, when you make the seed bloom with the q or the e, it basically spawns a shaco jack in the box type of plant that doesn't fear, it just does a few auto attacks and then dies in about 4 seconds or w/e after barely doing any damage and having no prefered target within it's incredibly short range, it's just as likely to attack a minion as it is to attack a champion, and her ult is stupid unless you cast it on a seed.

IMO she lacks any potential as an AP carry, so she's not meant for mid lane. She lacks sustain or heavy enough damage to be a top lane candidate. She's clearly not and AD carry for bot lane. She has potential as a jungler because her cc makes for good ganking utility, however the actual jungling and killing monsters seems like it would be difficult. Her largest potential might be as a bottom lane support who uses CC to set up kills and combos her seeds with wards as a means of deterring ganks.