Zyra, Rise of the Thorns, Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zelossage

07-12-2012

support zyra time

2 summons, cc, temp wards, and she is freaken pretty looking

Krufix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

So rampant growth is ammunition based? It was mentioned and I agree it should be, otherwise she has no 'combo'
WEWQR would be a good one I think but only if W is castable many times in succession.

Her lore seems good. Ahri like, "Sentient fox/plant finds magical human, eats human, becomes human"
But the first sentence in it seems misplaced. Almost as if it's a tl;dr of the entire rest of it.

DreadKnightSDL

07-12-2012

better than jayce

FlutterShen

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post

Lore:

Longing to take control of her fate, the ancient, dying plant Zyra transferred her consciousness into a human body for a second chance at life. Centuries ago, she and her kind dominated the Plague Lands, using thorns and vines to consume any animal that set foot in their territory. As the years passed, the animal population steadily died off. Food became increasingly scarce, and Zyra could only stand by helplessly as the last of her kin withered away. She thought she would perish alone, until the appearance of an unwary sorceress presented her with an opportunity for salvation.

It was the first time in years Zyra had sensed a creature wander so close. Hunger drew her to the sorceress, but some other, deeper instinct compelled her. She enveloped the woman in thorns with ease, but as she savored this final meal, foreign memories invaded her thoughts. She saw great jungles of metal and stone where humans and animals thrived. Potent magic surged through her vines, and she devised an elegant but risky plan to survive. Using the woman’s memories, Zyra poured her newfound magic into the creation of a human-shaped vessel. She didn’t know what sort of world awaited her, but she had nothing left to lose. When Zyra opened her eyes, she was overwhelmed by the raw power ready at her fingertips. It wasn’t until she noticed the shriveled remains of the plant she once was that she realized how vulnerable she had become. If this body died, there would be no network of vines to retreat through, no roots to regrow her...but she felt truly alive. She beheld the world for the first time as animals did, and a dark smile crept across her lips. She was reborn, and there was so much now within her grasp.

“Closer to the flower, closer to the thorns.” - Zyra
My only thought after reading her Lore.... What, no spellvamp?

Beatriix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-12-2012

It's Lillymon <3

BaronVonWalrus

07-12-2012

Plantmerdinger?

...eh.

EvanderHolyfield

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blintz View Post
so agree with this, nothing more awesome then sunflowers :3
references to plants vs zombies maybe?

TN Allen

07-12-2012

tang ina ahahaha

Archomental

07-12-2012

Very nice Riot! I do sort of wish you hadn't timed this so nicely with your Retirement of Legendary Skins, but still. Nice work!

BlazingArchAngel

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggdude09 View Post
Go top against Yorick and set up your plant minions, because you got some zombies on your top lane.
First off... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I'm done.

Champs looks very fun to me. I'm really hoping she will be good at support too. She seems like it would be fun on bot lane.