Countering mid ziggs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venova

07-12-2012

He is extremely strong mid, I have yet to lane successfully mid against a ziggs, any ideas?

Dominoko

07-12-2012

I would suggest focusing on farm because he may out-agress you. Who do you usually mid as? I do kennen and the only thing I can do is farm and when he gets too close to turret I can usually take him out.

Lucid1llusion

07-12-2012

Boots 2 and moving left to right.

Seriously, my favorite thing when playing as ziggs is when someone runs straight towards me or away from me. Champs with built in flashes help too.

LeppyR64

07-12-2012

I mid as Veigar. Key to playing against Ziggs is to move perpendicular to Ziggs bomb path. Focus on farm, because Ziggs gives lots of damage. After I get my Chalice of Harmony (first back), then Ziggs is in trouble because then I have mana to harrass with. E,W,Q is a big chunk.

mateushenriques

07-12-2012

i found a champions/counters list, is pretty useful and helps a lot:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

XCodes

07-12-2012

The counter to Ziggs: Dodge and push lane. If you get him under tower, he'll be forced to use his bombs on minions instead of you if he wants to keep up at all in CS, which will run him OOM faster.

B Bunny1

07-12-2012

LB, Kass. Someone with a gap closer.

Otherwise, keep moving north and south so those bombs don't hit you. Boots are important obviously.

Engrish

07-12-2012

I don't play ranked but, I have a very BIG problem with Ziggs at mid (now that he's free this week). Almost every solo queue game I face Ziggs and he used to always DESTROY me. Ziggs wants to use his insane range and abilities to wipe out all your HP. Then when he's lvl 6 he will just nuke you with his ult. There is no escape in a 1v1 unless you are superior skill-wise to him.

You should walk left and right, never backwards. Sometimes juking closer to him can escape his bombs. A lot of free-to-play Ziggs will rely on their bombs to bounce twice and hit you while you are running back. I usually play Swain at mid and I get boots first instead of Doran's Ring. If I want to harass back, I wait until he wastes his bouncing bomb then I attack. Another way to counter his bombs is to stand behind your minions (but not too close). If his bomb hits your minions first, it will explode and keep you safe. If the bombs go over your minions just strafe.

I only have 165 wins (playing for 2 months) and the normal matchmaking system matches me up with people with 300-900 wins constantly. The skill gap is insane for me sometimes. I'm no pro but I try to adapt.

Basically:
1. Strafe constantly
2. Wait till he overpushes (because he probably will)
3. Get your teammates/jungler to harass and gank him constantly
4. Keep on harassing and killing him at mid (because holding your mid tower is important strategically)
5. Ziggs will be underleveled
6. Destroy their mid tower and be ahead in the game

I used to go down 0-2 against Ziggs in like 5 minutes. Now I just wait for the gank and let Ziggs feed my team! xD

Venova

07-12-2012

Sounds like some good tips, Lux is my most common and best mid, I also mid Ahri and Orianna, Annie on occasion; all of them I have trouble against a ziggs with, I can dodge the bouncing bomb without problems most of the time, and the satchel usually isn't a concern, but he just completely zones me usually and traps me at turret, which of course means my turret is taking my cs. I can usually manage to kill him at least once in the laning phase, particularly if he doesn't dodge my abilities well, but after that the lane will fall unless we've taken or lost another lane and people can come help some.

I also have massive problems against a Varus mid, with his attack speed and that stacking ability my minions are no safety at all, even if I harass well my mana is all gone by the time he's in any danger, and by then he'll base and I have to push the lane back out a bit and get ganked by someone shortly after he gets back. Often times I end up midding against a varus when we have no real suitable replacement for me to counter their countering of me. Any Varus solo against tips? For squishy AP casters.

B SIDE

07-12-2012

Start boots+pots and make him miss his skillshots. That's the most important thing.

Mid counters for Zigs... I would guess...
1) Ezreal, Talon, LB
2) Gragas, Teemo, Cassiopeia
3) Sivir, Nocturne, Kassadin