Draven tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frosthaven

07-12-2012

I am a long time LoL player (started a few champs before Vladimir were released), and have taken a break from when Fiora was announced until just after Jayce was announced. I have played so much Graves/Ashe that I got bored and picked up Draven, but I find myself struggling to submit anything strong to the game without any kind of CC (in the few games that weren't 4v5 today, anyhow).

Has anyone dedicated a lot of time and energy into Draven that could perhaps give me some sort of tips or insight on how to keep him competitive with popular AD choices? I build him a bit like Ashe but I go 9 defense instead of utility, and typically go boots1 > doransx2 + vamp > IE > BT > whatevs.

DoubleIcaras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthaven View Post
I am a long time LoL player (started a few champs before Vladimir were released), and have taken a break from when Fiora was announced until just after Jayce was announced. I have played so much Graves/Ashe that I got bored and picked up Draven, but I find myself struggling to submit anything strong to the game without any kind of CC (in the few games that weren't 4v5 today, anyhow).

Has anyone dedicated a lot of time and energy into Draven that could perhaps give me some sort of tips or insight on how to keep him competitive with popular AD choices? I build him a bit like Ashe but I go 9 defense instead of utility, and typically go boots1 > doransx2 + vamp > IE > BT > whatevs.
Draven has a great early game, weak mid-game and a strong late game.
Auto-attack a minion to cs,
Immediately hit Q and harass the enemy, as long as you right click as they're backing off, it feels like it has longer range than intended so you can harass from quite a while away, catch the axe and cs then do it again.

He's incredibly potent if you have a support who can zone and if you're not up against soraka/taric (anyone who gives armour)

Yobber

07-12-2012

Best way to build Draven...

http://s15.postimage.org/4fnffce7f/8_ZNab.jpg

Noraver

07-12-2012

1. Just talk about how cool you are, and how awesome that kill was.
2. Talk in third-person.
3. Grow a moustache (Any kind will do).
The rest will come naturally.

ColdSpyder

07-12-2012

I personally find Draven a very useful champ to do a crit build with as it stacks with his passive.
Yes, Q applies your passive bleed as well, but focusing on catching axes all the time will hurt your game in some way.
With that being said, my typical build goes as follows:
Boots + pots > Rank 2 boots > I.E. > Phantom Dancer or Blood Thirster (Depending on needs for Lane sustain VS move speed for more chase to secure kills) > Build two more PDs and sell boots (Leaves you with 426 move speed, goes up to 546? ish with W) > Build a GA or another BT based on enemy team.

Sometimes I'll build GA earlier if their team is very competent, I'm not snowballing enough, and they have CC.

Midgame when I'm running around with 3PDs and an IE, people tend to laugh that I only have about 150ish AD. Then I crit every time for 260% of that every half a second, and my first number of hits are increased by 85% from Q.

The additional BT's then over double your damage output... earlier today I melted an entire team in about 12 seconds as my team CCed them XD

Frosthaven

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobber View Post
That, good sir, is scary.