Top/Mid/ADC or I feed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Broven

07-11-2012

Has anyone else noticed the exponential rate at which the "carry role or I feed" attitude has grown over the past few weeks? In my past 5 games every single one has had these three roles immediately called, occasionally followed by threats to feed...

Unfortunately, they never really gave me the option as even though they got to play the role they wanted to, these poor saps would feed anyway.

Now, I am personally fine with playing support and Jungler every now and then. These are perfectly fine roles. But to be forced into the again and again game after game is mind bogglingly ridiculous. This is especially because under most circumstances, your ability to "Carry" a game while playing these roles is directly correlated with the skill of your own laners.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but is it at all possible to find a way for players to queue for a specific lane/role? This way, none of us will ever have those days (or three) where we try to get top lane every time but can never do it because someone else is going to feed if they dont get it.

Sorry for venting, but I have honestly had enough playing soraka and doing by best to keep my idiot AD carry who doesnt know how to last hit from dying.

IS13533547149f549ef440a

07-11-2012

Obviously they know that that is the role that they can best help the team with, you picking it when they want it should be ban worthy.

Sir Kevinus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

mid or afk

Saprophite

07-11-2012

two words.... summer vacation..

Broven

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkWardOP View Post
Obviously they know that that is the role that they can best help the team with, you picking it when they want it should be ban worthy.
read the thread again. If someone could figure out a way to make queues for each role, there would be no issue over which team member gets to play it. It would also alleviate the stress of watching your solotop instalock vayne and feed 5 kills in 15 mins as your sitting their bottom lane ripping out your hair.

Vinster38

07-11-2012

this completely true!

cwoofy

07-11-2012

all top or feed

IS13533547149f549ef440a

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Xmaster View Post
read the thread again. If someone could figure out a way to make queues for each role, there would be no issue over which team member gets to play it. It would also alleviate the stress of watching your solotop instalock vayne and feed 5 kills in 15 mins as your sitting their bottom lane ripping out your hair.
In order for me to read the thread again I would have had to read it a first time LOLOLOLOLOL

Nizu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

I've never seen someone say this once. I've seen people call lanes but never "Or I'll feed!" or anything along those lines. Perhaps I'm just lucky.

Regardless, I just make it my priority to main support and jungler. Jungler is basically the team captian, if you're looking to force a 20min GG Jungler is your man. He controls the entire game. A vastly underrated role. AD Carry, probably the most overrated role in the game is your striker, important but uselss alone. AP Carry? I dunno, Wing or something.

Support though. Support's your god**** goalie. True you can't "Carry" your the game like the striker can, but what you can do is amazing.

Support is second only to jungler in Map control.
Often has some of the best counter innitiate/disengage in the game (Lulu, Janna, Alastair, reversed on Blitz)
You stop that god**** ball from getting in the god**** net, while screaming at your screen and flexing your (obviously giant) muscles. Support is the MAN ROLE for MANLY MEN. Saving that ******* who was out of position cause he's a ****ing ****** and then turning an entire teamfight on it's head and getting an ace! MANLY PLAYS FOR MEN.

You will never ever get thanked or cheered as support. Even when you save the idiot mid from dying by a sliver of health with your Wish. Even when you Flash Heal/Shield and just barely save someone. But that's fine. You don't need thanks. You did your job. You're a credit to the team.

A good support destroys your opponents bot lane and, well sets your striker up to score. You don't need to be much good to right click afterall.

Send

07-11-2012

Queuing for roles is an awful idea. Ever played any mmo ever? Sitting in dungeon finder or allchat waiting for a healer, or in this case a support? No thanks. Here's what you do: stop being a huge beta and pick the role regardless, and call them on their bluff.