What to do when you know the match is lost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BD Wilton

07-12-2012

When you're way down, your best bet is to group up as a team and hope to pick off stragglers. If you then fail as a team then it's over.

acosn

07-12-2012

Games are seldom, seldom won in the first 20 minutes of the game.

That's typically when at least one person on one team gives up though.

I'd say it's clear who.

LilDipper

07-13-2012

When I know the match is last, I just try crazy s--- and see what happens. Considering it a 'working practice game' and you won't care what happens.

Etherimp

07-13-2012

Just won a game as Malphite against a team who had literally 15 more kills than we did.

Loup Noir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Here's an idea: YOUR PLAYING A GAME! If your only here to win every game then stop off dude cause it isn't going to happen. Last time I checked we were all here to play a game that we find fun. No, losing isn't fun, but playing the game IS. As a senior member you should know that not every game you lose is awful and a bad experience. Some of the most fun games I have played have been losses. Giving up deprives you of that experience and quite frankly just makes the game a worse waste of time. If you know your gonna lose, try some new, FUN strategy that you might not have tried in a normal situation. Or, rally your troops and push mid. Something. Anything, is better than just throwing the game and wasting everyone's time.

Also, I might add a complete lack of sportsmanship and character within this post. Bad form. Do you think athletes just throw in the towel when they start losing??? Hell. No. They keep going. And no, it is not a worse waste of time to play a game your losing when you could be playing a game that your winning, because (duh) your still learning while your playing. Your still having fun. So, if your a rage quitter or one of those guys who yells at his team for playing when he thinks they're losing, STOP. Think about your options, and enjoy yourself. After all, it is a game.

Gramps69

07-16-2012

Ignore your team/their team's negativity and do what you can. I just played a ranked game where the enemy team knocked down our inhibitor twice, pushed all the way to our other two inhibitor turrets, but then they got cocky and we killed 4 of them and wound up pushing all the way to their base and winning. Just keep chugging along, you never know what might happen.

Etherimp

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69 View Post
Ignore your team/their team's negativity and do what you can. I just played a ranked game where the enemy team knocked down our inhibitor twice, pushed all the way to our other two inhibitor turrets, but then they got cocky and we killed 4 of them and wound up pushing all the way to their base and winning. Just keep chugging along, you never know what might happen.
This..

My last ranked game played our team was down anywhere between 10-25 kills the ENTIRE game....until the last 10 minutes. The game went on an hour. We hunkered down in base, farmed, and fended off numerous pushes. They knocked out our turrets.. We played defensive.. They broke thru to our inhib.. We played defensive.. They kept knocking our inhib out, we played defensive.. UNTIL... the gap started to close between our money and theirs.

Once we got a few key items, we started to win team fights. We won 3-4 team fights in a row towards the end of the game and pushed their 2nd mid turret down and got baron in the first teamfight.. Then pushed the 3rd turret and the inhib on the 2nd team fight.. Then got the Nexus after the 4th team fight.

The entire time, the Fizz on our team was insisting that the game was lost. He tried surrendering 3-4 times.. He started feeding.. He whined and called us noobs. We all put him on ignore and played our own game.

And we won... It was worth 37 rating. The Olaf wanted to hug me after the match. Him and I were the 2 top rated players on our team and we got our Bot lane to cooperate with us while Fizz raged. It turned the game around for us. Eventually Fizz cooperated.

Bonesetter

07-16-2012

As others have said:

People that just give up are the problem. I hope you're not one of them, OP. Giving up is an individual decision that hurts the group. You as the individual have to be resolute, and continue to give it your best, even when staring defeat in the face. That's how you create better players, and avoid this problem in the future.

Your individual actions affect the group as a whole. Do your part, encourage others to do theirs, and you've no idea the great things you can accomplish.

Wieeed

07-16-2012

I love how you all can clearly tell he's trolling. And then some of you go into a vast description of what to do when you are losing.
Rofl /thread

Iron A1dan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Earlier today, in solo que ranked, we had obviously lost. I was even, but top lane had fed a Wukong, mid and fed a Anivia, and bot lane had actually won, but our Tristana NEVER joined the team fights. While we were fighting, she would just be getting CS. The other team got Baron, got our Inhib, we stopped the push, because as people often do, the other team just didn't push as hard as they could have. We stalled for a few minutes, Baron came back up, they got it again, came to our base, got our Inhib, got our Nexus turrets, and somehow we aced them. (ainly due to my J4 ult, Randuins, and fed Trist). We pushed got BAron, and eventually won. We had tried to surrender multiple times, people were throwing blame everywhere, gg had been said several times, and we won. Never give up.