Discourse on the Disadvantages of Purple Side and Possible Solutions Regarding Them

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cats N Pajamas

08-11-2012

Purple side sucks. I think you're my hero.

Kemos

08-11-2012

I hate playing on purple side, whenever I go mid i have to pick either Mordekaiser or Heimerdinger cuz you don't need much range, and I don't like playing unlocked cam because I am used to playing mmorpg's that don't have that feature. Not playing unlocked cam also stops me from playing a lot of champs with long range, such as gragas, brand (a bit) and Nidalee because of her spear. I would really appreciate a better zoom option for us players that don't like using unlocked cam. I don't care about purple side having advantages such as baron or something, Blue side has dragon, it's all balanced, except for the unlocked cam. I died so much times in mid when I unlocked my cam to use a long range ult (cant remember which) and all of a sudden my cam was at the corner of the map. I'm pretty sure you can adjust/change the sensitivity but that doesn't work for me either. We should be allowed to zoom much further with the mouse scroll, for different situations.

Lord Dreth

08-11-2012

I can see this problem even worse with one specific champion i main with, Xerath.

When going from blue side to purple and using my W then R, I can BARELY see the outside of my range going towards purple side, but going back towards blue the edge of the ult circle is outside the screen radius on full zoom. The same can be applied with using his standard Q with W active as well. (W increases xerath's range by nearly double) On purple side it's not impossible to hit someone with this, but you have to constantly pan your eyes over the minimap, just to hit a short cooldown ability. I would LOVE for the reverse camera to be implemented, but just zooming out makes a bigger impact than just waiting, and I think zooming out would be amazing for all characters.

gr8job

08-11-2012

I honestly think Riot places you on the purple side to keep a 50:50 WL ratio. I've noticed that after a win streak of being on blue side, I'll be put on purple side for the equal number of games and lose them all. So if they put you on purple 50% of the time, you'll probably lose 50% of the time. Just a thought.

Natneyi

08-11-2012

Yesyesyes zoom. +1
I play all games zoomed out as far as I can, the fact I can't zoom out further in LoL has frustrated me sicne day 1

Bonivorous

08-11-2012

I do completely agree. I come from a long list of MMO's and FPS where you don't really need to control a map/camera to play the game. I've tried to get used to moving the map around and I'm not horrible at it, but it's just down right easier to play with it locked, especially if you're a little inhibriated.
I believe either solution is viable in the sense that it will level the playing field.

Kemos

08-11-2012

I remember I only played 3v3s for about a week and a half, only because it's the same on each side and because I don't have to move my cam, just to harrass.

partypatt

08-12-2012

+1 from this dude!

i honestly had no idea people played with locked cameras.
i never got the chance to, im a spacebar feind though!

Darkari94

07-21-2013

This needs a bump.