AP Champions that really hurt tanks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icegoten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Seeing more and more tank teams these days like Garen, Malphite, Shen, Tryndamere, Taric, Sion, Singed, and Udyr.

I like playing casters and building up AP and I'm not really seen as a threat to them. I want to force them to buy magic resist to try and stop my power but I don't know how to play to have that power in the first place.

Who would you guys recommend for dealing with all tanks teams that I can build AP with?

WTFyrz

09-04-2010

For one, use MAGIC PENETRATION. IT HELPS. There's Abyssal Scepter and Void Staff. Also, you can use Sorcerer's Boots. Also, runes. For champs, use whoever you like using. CC is very useful against DPSers.

Dwarfling

09-04-2010

Well, Amumu does %health damage, but he's more of a tank, not a caster. Tanks build to counter AP burst if they're smart and they see it coming, so you either play aggressive early and catch them when they don't have very high resists or build survival also to counter them trying to outlast you.

I usually play tanks and the only caster I've seen put the hurt on me is when I got my MR up is Anivia and Malzahar to some degree.

Klikiss

09-04-2010

There may be others, but Malzahar I think is pretty good vs tanks because of his spell which does damage per second based on a % of their max health. Add that with a Deathfire and you can make a significant dent against a tank.

fokaL

09-04-2010

viegar can take out tanks easily with his DFG and nukes

Jravolta

09-04-2010

Karthus' steady DPS of magic can ruin a tank, especially if he has Lich Bane.

kijik

09-04-2010

kassadin does fine, takes a couple assaults, but with golem you can relentlessly jump in and out taking down chunks of their hp at a time.

Jack Atlas

09-04-2010

Deathfire Grasp

Shocklance Fiend

09-04-2010

i'd say fiddle. crowstorm -> fear -> drain = gg

Cipherace

09-04-2010

Malzahar seems to be the best mage to kill tanks. His Null Zone spell lasts for 5 seconds and can do 10% of the max health of the tanks if you have 200 AP in magic damage. You can take about 1/2 the health of all tanks on their team if they stay in there for the whole 5 seconds. You can use Mal's ult to hold them in place for your team to rolfstomp them too.

If they run aways from the Null Zone, you get free shots at the running cowards. Have a few coordinated stuns on your team, pot Null Zone and kiss the tanks goodbye. Void Staffs will help a bunch with the MR stacking, but if you have 3 AD/AS champs on your team, they'll be more worried about stacking armor.