How do you determine the best support to use?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moar Noob Than U

07-22-2014

I know that Soraka with Twitch or Kog'maw Janna with Ashe? But when countering if you see an all in Support like Leona, you should use Blitz or Morgana.

Those are the few I know off heart, and I figured It's about time I start learning the good combinations on top of countering supports.

What are good Support ADC combos, and when you should counter a support instead of going with the main combo? (unless this is too confusing, then feel free to to explain how you decipher my post).

ProductOfFallout

07-22-2014

I mean its not confusing at all, but in the end its knowing what all the champs can do. For example if youre playing against an aggressive support/adc like morgana/sona and draven/cait/tristana then you dont want to go a melee support. Especially if youre supporting a kogmaw, vayne, trist or any adc with a weak early game and no poke. You also cant pick your support/adc just based off of theirs. You want to look at their team. If their team has a lot of tanks then you want a hyper carry or someone like varus/kog maw that does health percent/true damage. If your team is squishy as **** then youll want either a tanky support or a support with a lot of peel like leona, zyra, tairc, braum, or lulu. So you have to learn the champions and learn how to read teams to pick valid supports. So many games ive had to dodge because no one picks any champs with cc and everyone is squishy and we end up going against like a thresh, tf, udyr, tristana and irelia.

xXBig BullyXx

07-22-2014

Leona counters blitzcrank

Karenfknrizza

07-22-2014

I always choose supports that I know I can play well and just play them no matter what. That way, you'll get good at unfavorable matchups as well as favorable ones. Just pick one or two supports you really enjoy their playstyle and play them a lot. The more versatile matchup picks you play verse, the more you learn about your champion.

If you aren't interesting in maining a champion, then just choose whatever your ADC/APC needs. Always remember, you aren't the ADC's personal shield. You are mid's too. Gotta protect and help them both.

CountPain

07-22-2014

Behold the Holy Triforce of of Bot Lane!

Poke Lane > All-In Lane > Sustain Lane > Poke Lane

Lissandis

07-22-2014

I say have that one supp that you default to(for me it's Sona) then learn champs that compliment that. For instance, Leona counters Sona hard from what I've seen, so I picked up Morg. Sona doesn't seem to Sync as well with Vayne/Trist(yet again from personal experience)So I picked up Thresh. Also I suggest picking up Thresh as he is a good one is hard to counter IMO and he syncs well with a lot of ADCs.I will say that counters don't matter as much in bot lane due to it being a duo lane, so if you sync with the ADC,don't worry as much about getting countered unless your ADC is countered too.

Izbiz

07-22-2014

I pick Nami, Zyra, and recently Karma.

I feel like I can't be hard countered.

Teysa Karlovv

07-22-2014

I just play Thresh he can do everythibg.

Thunder Kats

07-22-2014

Gragas, Nami or Zyra.

Shesaidshe lvl18

07-23-2014

In this current bottom lane meta your best bet would be to pick up nami/morg/thresh. The adc/support synergy doesn't matter nearly as much in season 4 after the adc/support champion pool got gutted. Play morg against thresh or leona, and nami against poke lanes such as cait or karma, play thresh with anyone as long as it's not against morg.