Ability Remake: Evelynn, the Widowmaker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeanTheKiwi

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGetDeCkdXx View Post
dont know why people are complaining about the new stealth saying that its pointless because once you get close to them you are visible. dont you think that whenever you get that close to an enemy champion with the previous stealth mechanic that you would be attacking them, its basically the same thing except you dont have to contiuously use mana. im a fan of this rework.
False, you have the first attack when stealthed the old way, the element of surprise. You choose the battle field, and you decide the play of battle. However now it's useless. It's actually so useless they might as remove stealth all together. "Eve has been improved, she's now completely invisible when nobody is around".

All. Of. My. What.

Xsistence

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
Wonder how much brain cells have you lost... She now has 4, yes FOUR NEW abilities and not just 1 (ravage) and half (ultimate) Now you have permanent stealth meaning you can be a god **** PRO counter jungling you have to be like at 200ish range to be seen now so that's ****ing godlike regardless. Wait until you see her speed buff too.

your stupid as hell man this reowork is trash

Lvl 5 Torchic

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz The Avenger View Post
Looking forward to seeing how she plays with her new mechanics. Much better than the old. Old Eve was great early game, but soon as any one got any sort of counter measures, she was just useless. Not to mention she was absolutely useless in the late game, as she had no damage, no survival once unstealthed and contributed nothing to the team. Basically it was just a matter of surviving the early game which wasn't very difficult might I add and then you would win the match because the other team had Evelyn (I have never seen a team win with Evelyn on the team, unless every one did some really idiotic stuff). With her new mechanics though she may actually stand a chance to be useful through out the entire game.

Any one who says they've ruined her stealth I have to say this. So would rather have her be perma stealthed throughout the match and to the point where she can't be seen therefore giving you no chance of winning because she now actually has a decent kit to fight you with on top of perma stealth.
With the ability to see her when she is close enough, gives you some chance of counter play against her, while also making her require a bit more of a tactical approach. But with an improved kit giving her better sustain etc. she may very well be useful and it may very well work out quite well for her.
So I am quite happy to see the old Evelyn go, as she is useless, whenever I see an Evelyn I call it GG from the begining, as I know that she will get destroyed and contribute nothing after the early game.
Yeah, the Evelyn now IS that bad... because bad kids had to complain about her stun so **** much. Her stun wasn't that bad but because bad kids were getting destroyed by it, Riot had to appease the noobs that made up the majority of their demographic. They are destroying stealth champs. DotA didn't get rid of Rikimaru's perma-stealth. You know why? Because they didn't pamper the noobs. They forced people to adapt and learn how to play differently when someone picked Riki. Riot would rather remake an entire champion than listen to the noobs whine.

Pyr0n1c

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Thank you Riot now i might go better than a 0.6 k/d ratio with eve!

JayEmmEss

07-11-2012

Yes! Finally theyre fixing her!

Brightinly

07-11-2012

Guess yorick has no counters now.

k2water

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velias the Devil View Post
I love how Riot is catering to the noobs again... "For Evelynn, her core ability Shadow Walk allowed her to remain invisible for long periods of time, ultimately forcing players to stay on the defensive and favor cautious play. Since we want the action to remain a fun and fluid experience throughout the match, we decided to update these champions with some new stealth abilities." Wasn't that defensive and cautious play one of the reasons to pick a stealth champion? All Riot is really doing is removing more options from the players because some bad kids whine too much. This is a competitive game and catering to bad kids isn't going to make the game better. Riot is just going to keep dumbing the game down until it's no longer competitive enough to be an MLG game and then it'll fade into nothingness. Glad to see Eve won't be worthless anymore though.
eve wont be worthless anymore... eve was one of the best assassins in the game either ad or ap, i could scout the entire other team for my team and pick off high profile damages like viegar or pretty much anyone to initiate or during a team-fight. if you thought eve was worthless your one of the noobs your complaining about because you cant even play a simple op champ like eve.

OceanPoops

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

so.... what is happening with my rat?

IS1f28328c4246f3

07-11-2012

CTRL+F "Stun"

"No instances found."

They said they'd bring it back. LIES. I KNEW IT. ALL THE LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Still a useless hero unless she's got MAJOR stat ramp scaling. That and since Pink Wards still exist, Eve's still useless. Whoo.

Empty Mirage

07-11-2012

I'm sorry but I came twice, once after reading and after reading again. Now for the next important question...does anyone have a tissue?