Ability Remake: Evelynn, the Widowmaker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Allaryia

07-17-2012

You messed her up Riot. She was perfectly fine until you ****ed with her kit. Taking away her stealth? That's what made Evelynn Evelynn. It's not the people who play Eve's fault that the other people who don't can't seem to find out how to buy pink wards or oracles to counter her. "She's OP, She's OP!" They all say, but really? Every champ is "OP" if they're left in the right person's hands. Give me my old Eve back. Even without her stun, she was still better than this **** you're trying to pass as a ****ing re-work.

-Rage induced rant over-

kuros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Umm...... When is this patch coming I'm tired of playing on PBE. Need a real eve match.

sonicolors

07-17-2012

This is going to be sick

Nebilheim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by System32 View Post
You're bad and you should feel bad.
obviously you've never played evelyn correctly.

Nebilheim

07-18-2012

For any evelyn or stealth players, this is a serious nerf as this remake just took away her ability to dive someone with a backup or able to both scout or trail someone like a dog till you can take the down. Basically , this just made Twitch and Shaco the only reliable form of stealth as they can go undetected without a pink ward or oracle. Evelyn gets even a little too close and she will get ****ed. Her arsenal is just too small to be able take someone down while they're already running and that's why her stealth slow was so good. Now she's either a burst or she needs a frozen mallet to be able take someone down without them running back to tower.

BR0zan

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebilheim View Post
For any evelyn or stealth players, this is a serious nerf as this remake just took away her ability to dive someone with a backup or able to both scout or trail someone like a dog till you can take the down. Basically , this just made Twitch and Shaco the only reliable form of stealth as they can go undetected without a pink ward or oracle. Evelyn gets even a little too close and she will get ****ed. Her arsenal is just too small to be able take someone down while they're already running and that's why her stealth slow was so good. Now she's either a burst or she needs a frozen mallet to be able take someone down without them running back to tower.
and her speed bonus is for what? or her ulti? or the fact that hate spike is on such a low cd that you spam the hell out of that and use ravage plus auto atks and shred them before they get to the tower or how would champs that dont have cc be anywhere near useful...ever see any shyvana ganks without red? she still shreds face before they get to the tower...all it takes is a lot of dps or burst dmg...which the new Eve has out the ying-yang

R3d n0ni

Recruiter

07-19-2012

So pretty much Eve got a whole lot more OP and fun for people that play her; from everyone else's POV she is extremely unbalanced. Anyone less beefy than a Garen will fall easily with her INCREASED DAMAGE. Why the hell does Riot insist on releasing champs that set the new bar for OP and continually buff champs. Making every champ more and more powerful is NOT balance. Soon the game will disregard 'tactics' as we know it. There will be less and less skill involved. Ganks and teamfights will begin to be determined more and more by who gets the first hit and less and less about a player's ability to manage their skills (and combos) or even champ selection/synergy. Even teamfight positioning will start to fade away.

TLDR Making every new champ more and more OP and buffing old champs is no way to balance a game.

Kontaro

07-19-2012

I just played eve....and I feel that this remake is a good idea...unfortunately, I believe her 'visable range' seems a bit TOO big.. Considering that you can hide in a bush at top or bot(the ones on the edges) and still be seen from the OTHER SIDE OF THE LANE... in other words, leave bush and get seen... I noticed I played FAR more defencively...to the point where I barely did anything at all against enemy champions without backup... This also negatively impacts her ability to burst, especially against targets with stuns... It also renders oracles obsolete if she's the only stealther, as Oracles range is LESS than what you'll see her without it...if not the same distance. I understand that makes her less a 'noob killer' than she was before, as they didn't know to get oracles, but it also nearly ruins her in higher elos, where part of her charm was to force the enemy to spend money on oracles or vision wards to deal with her..

tldr: Evelynn is WORSE off than she was before, what with every enemy champ being a vision ward, just for you.

R3d n0ni

Recruiter

07-19-2012

The biggest complaint about Oracle's certainly isn't that 'noobs' didn't KNOW to get it. It was that Oracle's is a huge gold drain, especially early to mid game. Do you SERIOUSLY believe that people didn't know to get it? NVM the 400 gp you drop...

Meredeth

07-20-2012

"we will make it to where her stealth is pretty much useless" i see that somewhere in there