Ability Remake: Evelynn, the Widowmaker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incriminatory

07-16-2012

Hey i posted this in the general thread for stealth rework but posting it hear also as perhaps it is more appropriate here:

First off i want to say that eve needed a rework, if the enemy team bought an oracles she basically became worthless before. Overall the rework is great however their is one thing that is broken about it, at least in my opinion. Let me explain and tell me if anyone else agrees.

Eve's new passive is perfect for the style of champion that she is, it alows her to avoid focus well and hunt down her targets. However it currently punishes her, alot. What do i mean by this? Well their are really two options in respect to Eves passive. Either you avoid getting creep score most of the time in lane so that you can be stealthed and actually be Eve, and be able to be the effective hunter she is ment to be; however you find that you fall behind by mid game and once again have significant trouble using her. Or you can forget about the passive and focus on geting creep score thereby keeping up with the other champions in levels; however, your stealth is not available when you need it, aka to attack an over extended enemy champion in your lane or to avoid ganks. Also because Eve is stealth dependent champion you get pushed around fairly easy and find your self once again falling behind mid-late game. Why do i not see much of a middle ground? The delay between when she stops attacking and when she re-stealths is so long. It is a full 8 seconds.

Some might say of thats fine, thats plenty short. Think of it this way. Teemo has a 4 second passive stealth, identical to Eve's yet he cant move. A common argument for against this seems to be well his is 4 seconds because he cant move. Think about it Eve has just as much of a handicap on her passive, her stealth has a bubble in which you can see her. Teemo's stealth is on a 4 second delay and is complete stealth but he cant move. Eve's stealth is on a 8 second delay and is not complete stealth and has a fairly large bubble in which you can see her, yet she can move. How is that fair at all? I feel that Eve players are unfairly punished for wanting to utilize her passive when it has such a long delay. What do i suggest? Shorten the delay to match teemo's 4 second delay. Why do i feel this is justified? Early game she does not have the significant amount of extra movement speed available to her that she does late game so in lane enemies have more time to react once they see her inside the bubble. Late game she has her mspd buff and can gank well but by this time the enemies have had enough time to afford an oracles if she has been a serious problem. So i see no reason that reducing the delay to 4 seconds is to much of a change.

What are any of your guy's thoughts? Any feedback is appreciated.

Plutoburns

07-16-2012

If you want to whine about the new eve, play her first. Her new kit does not allow her to play like the old eve. But it does give her a new style of play. She can still stalk some one and wander around(with relative impunity). But her offense skills are soooooo much better. As Riot said, they couldn't buff her attacks because of how powerful her stealth was.

Old eve was either a burst AP assassin or a tanky DPS. And she was outclassed by other champs in all those roles. New eve is a much more competent physical fighter, with good skills that encourage building some AP.

I have played her on the beta. Here is how I see her skills.

Passive: The new stealth is controversial. Though I do think the sight range could use a bit of a shortening, the mechanic is pretty much the only way she could have persistent stealth. But the best part is the added mana regen. Her jungling does depend on her skills. This passive makes her jungle a lot better.
Hate Spike: Its less spammable, but still VERY spammable. The pass through damage requires intelligent positioning and really helps with farming and damaging multiple champs. The increased range is also good for hurting people you are chasing, or chasing you.
Dark Frenzy: The softer version of her old ult. It costs NO MANA to cast. The speed boost is huge and the refresh is great. But I find that most people ignore the stacking movement speed buff she gets from hitting champs with her skills. In practice, this allows her to kite like a boss with hate spike. Also great for escaping if you know the enemy has blown their slows.
Ravage: This is inferior to the old one and not sure why they needed to change it. That said, its still a great skill. This plus dark frenzy are her ult combined. The attack speed boost is huge and great for taking objectives. In a way, it is superior to the old ult since you can use it for towers and not have to wait for your ult cooldown.
Agony's Embrace: A very cool skill. Decent damage with a nice slow. The shield is "meh" when used on single targets. On multiple, its epic. The key part of this ult is the cast range. The cast range is ever so slightly longer than her invisibility range. Once she hits lvl 6, she can lead a gank with her ult without giving herself away.

So, what does this mean for eve? Well, she has to focus much more on mobility and map awareness. Because eve can no longer safely face check bushes in the enemy jungle, she greatly benefits from wards. As long as she knows where the enemy is, she CAN STILL STALK THEM. Also, since she regains stealth as long as she doesn't take damage, she must be able to put distance between her and her enemy. Her Frenzy skill removes slows on her, so she can use that for effective escaping.

The terror of eve is still maintained even with her new stealth. Because you don't know if she simply backed out of your vision or left your lane, she is a very disconcerting ganker esp. top lane.

I have to wait to try her on the regular servers, but from what I have seen this makes her much more interesting and fun to play. The fun of her old stealth is lost, but she has so many more combat options to make up for it.

Incriminatory

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutoburns View Post
If you want to whine about the new eve, play her first. Her new kit does not allow her to play like the old eve. But it does give her a new style of play. She can still stalk some one and wander around(with relative impunity). But her offense skills are soooooo much better. As Riot said, they couldn't buff her attacks because of how powerful her stealth was.

Old eve was either a burst AP assassin or a tanky DPS. And she was outclassed by other champs in all those roles. New eve is a much more competent physical fighter, with good skills that encourage building some AP.

Passive: The new stealth is controversial. Though I do think the sight range could use a bit of a shortening, the mechanic is pretty much the only way she could have persistent stealth. But the best part is the added mana regen. Her jungling does depend on her skills. This passive makes her jungle a lot better.
Hate Spike: Its less spammable, but still VERY spammable. The pass through damage requires intelligent positioning and really helps with farming and damaging multiple champs. The increased range is also good for hurting people you are chasing, or chasing you.
Dark Frenzy: The softer version of her old ult. It costs NO MANA to cast. The speed boost is huge and the refresh is great. But I find that most people ignore the stacking movement speed buff she gets from hitting champs with her skills. In practice, this allows her to kite like a boss with hate spike. Also great for escaping if you know the enemy has blown their slows.
Ravage: This is inferior to the old one and not sure why they needed to change it. That said, its still a great skill. This plus dark frenzy are her ult combined. The attack speed boost is huge and great for taking objectives. In a way, it is superior to the old ult since you can use it for towers and not have to wait for your ult cooldown.
Agony's Embrace: A very cool skill. Decent damage with a nice slow. The shield is "meh" when used on single targets. On multiple, its epic. The key part of this ult is the cast range. The cast range is ever so slightly longer than her invisibility range. Once she hits lvl 6, she can lead a gank with her ult without giving herself away.

So, what does this mean for eve? Well, she has to focus much more on mobility and map awareness. Because eve can no longer safely face check bushes in the enemy jungle, she greatly benefits from wards. As long as she knows where the enemy is, she CAN STILL STALK THEM. Also, since she regains stealth as long as she doesn't take damage, she must be able to put distance between her and her enemy. Her Frenzy skill removes slows on her, so she can use that for effective escaping.

The terror of eve is still maintained even with her new stealth. Because you don't know if she simply backed out of your vision or left your lane, she is a very disconcerting ganker esp. top lane.

I have to wait to try her on the regular servers, but from what I have seen this makes her much more interesting and fun to play. The fun of her old stealth is lost, but she has so many more combat options to make up for it.
First off i dont think u have played revamped Eve, specifically because of the way u talk about this revamp. It is hardly an improvment simply because of the near uselessness of her passive atm.

Did you even read what i said. i said her rework was well needed and their wasn't much direction for her but up anyways. I still think they need to reduce the delay on her passive ( read my post for the reason this is not op or unreasonable), shrinking her bubble on passive would be nice ( as it is kinda large atm) but she is still good with skill despite large bubble ( that is if her passive dealy was shorter).

Crazedloner

07-16-2012

I believe that the circle should be about 3/4 -4/5 the size it is now. For Dark Frenzy, give her a flat passive boost and on top of that add a weakened form of what it does now, for the movement speed.

FatKidsGetLagIRL

07-16-2012

Bring her out with a skin.

Goon McLoon

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutoburns View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself

Queeficated

07-16-2012

Thank you for the Rework.
Evy looks way interesting now, before she was unable to get much of the kills until she casted shadow walk. Also for escaping it made it impossible for her to run because of instant surround ultimate by champions but now she can jump in, kill and walk out immediately if needed.
Thank you for the changes
Also waiting for our new champion, Zyra. She looks really good and supportive too...

HolyRulz is BacK

07-16-2012

I love it i love it i love it thanks a lot!

Xanthus730

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

I'm worried with the new kit it'll be so much harder to actually secure a gank, especially if you don't take exhaust.

Outside her ult, which I've heard (couldn't get into PBE, it was locked) is on a long cooldown, she has no slow, no snare, no dash/blink/flash skill and no stun. She has a sprint skill and that's it.

So, basically, you've got a speedy (based on a skill) champ that does strong DPS with no sustain, no 'gank' skills, that has bonuses to moving around the map unseen...but not closing on an opponent unseen.

If you want to gank, you almost HAVE TO take exhaust now, and if you jungle you almost HAVE TO take Smite...which then leaves you with no escape should the gank turn south...so if you get counterganked, or something goes wrong it's just a LOLI'MDEAD situation with no take-backs...

So...basically, Talon? But at least Talon can use his Ult as an escape if he didn't use it as a closer...

hgvchjbdf

07-16-2012

Eve does "tons of damage"